• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does your significant other support your disc golf habit?

Does your significant other support your disc golf habit?

• Yes

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • I do not have a significant other

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • I lost my signifigant other because of disc golf and haven't cared to get another

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
So, one time she said, "Honey, this disc golf thing is starting to cause issues with our marriage"

To which I said, "No dear. Our marriage is causing problems with my disc golf."

She replied, "You're the best lover any woman could ever have!"

Then I got a new corvette, and built my own private course on a cruise ship in the Bahamas ..

True story ..

The wife is supportive for the most part but she hates when I play all weekend.....ESP since I play everyday heh.

If my saying "I'm going golfing" being followed by her saying "I don't care" qualifies as support then yes.

I am currently single. My ex from a time ago hated Disc. I brought her with once. I tee'd off around 320' on a 300' hole. She tee'd off with a whopping 30-45 foot drive. We walked up to her disc, with out warning she picked it up and said "I'm done." I see you at the car when your done. She never came out again. She wouldn't walk with me, nothing. Ever since then she didn't like it when I went to play.

She said, "Your too good and I felt like I looked like an idiot compaired to you." I told her, "Keep at it for 10 years and you too can shoot like me! But seriously, one dedicated summer can really get you along ways." She didn't care.

I need a disc'n lady too. Or one willing to try it or try to understand it.

I am sooooooo lucky. My wife loves it that I have what she calls a healthy hobby. She only comes with me to the course about once every three months, because she says that it is "my time" and that I need my own personal alone time. She does not gripe about how much money I spend on disc golf, but every once in a while she says "could you do without spending any money on disc golf this week? You have been spending a lot here lately on it." That is not too demanding in my opinion. I also have the same situation as an earlier poster said about how if he tells his wife that he is golfing she trusts him and never doubts that he is actually there. She knows that I am addicted. I have a buddy Tim that can't ever go play golf without his wife right up his a$$. I can not stand it when I go play with Tim and she has to tag along. She wants all of his attention and wont even let him enjoy his game. Then about half to three quarter of the way through a round she always comes up with a reason for them to hurry up and leave. Her stomach hurts, or she stubbed a toe, or she is hungry, or she has a headache, or even get this, she is dizzy. She is a true _itch.

Then about half to three quarter of the way through a round she always comes up with a reason for them to hurry up and leave. Her stomach hurts, or she stubbed a toe, or she is hungry, or she has a headache, or even get this, she is dizzy. She is a true _itch.

What WHat WHAt WHAT! I signed up here to troll Tim's DG activity but I never thought YOU would say something like THAT about me!?!

I'm just playin but what if...

wife plays once and a while, she bought me a new bag, and a practice basket!!! and she is the bread winner currently!!!!!! supports me big time!!!

I know I've said it here before but I've got an awesome discing girl. She plays all the time with me, and if she doesn't feel like playing it's never a problem for me to go without her. I never get in trouble about buying new discs or leaving them around the house, and her idea of a fun weekend together is taking a camping trip and playing a bunch of new courses.

Angie loves it. She won the Ace Race this past weekend. We started together and we play together every chance we get. The worst she does is roll her eyes when I buy more plastic.

If I mention that I would like to play tomorrow, she suddenly comes up with tons of crap to do; if we are out shopping and I mention playing later in the day, she suddenly wants to look at every little thing at Target and then go to WalMart and then to the grocery store and then to KMart. If everything is done and we are sitting around doing nothing, when I mention going to play she gets an attitude with me. Yet, she bought me a bag 2 Christmases ago, and buys me new discs for my birthday, fathers day and christmas. I'd have to say: no she doesn't want me to go play, but she wants to seem supportive.