• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Next month DD will be releasing an overstable mid and overstable driver

We had a warm day and I kicked off my layers and gripped my Escape hard and let 'er rip and... turn and burn. Granted I was trying some stuff with a new grip and it was truely my fault, but I retract my previous assessments of it being a lot more stable than a Saint. I think my normal grip, a modified power grip, just works better with the smaller rims, so when I even a slightly wider rim (and the Escape is slightly wider than a Saint) I don't get as good of a throw. I think I'd rather throw Beasts (same rim width) at that slot anyway.

I'll have a couple pink Escapes in the MP over the weekend. :thmbdown:

I wanted to chime in briefly on the issue of whether a trespass = sword or destroyer. I have two trespasses, one opaque pink trespass at 171g, and one red clear trespass at 176g.

The pink is distinctly less stable than the red and is more "sword like" but the pink is still more stable than any sword I own. The red is noticeably more stable and is pretty damn near a destroyer as far as stability goes for me (i.e., if I throw it flat, I'm not going to really get any turn out of it unless its a headwind).

Looks like the have BioFuzion plastic over at DD now.

"mixture of Fuzion and Lucid"

Wonder if this is similar to the Lat Recycled Line?

They need to come out with some understable discs, similar to the fuse and vision in goldline.

I know that Rusco asked his team what discs weren't available to them now that they would miss the most, and each one said the super overstable putter/midrange. I think that's why they are going in that direction. George Smith specifically said he'd miss throwing the gateway demon the most.

L64 and Westside have some good understable stuff (vision, fuse, northman, etc) and don't have much in terms of super overstable, slower discs.

I know that Rusco asked his team what discs weren't available to them now that they would miss the most, and each one said the super overstable putter/midrange. I think that's why they are going in that direction. George Smith specifically said he'd miss throwing the gateway demon the most.

L64 and Westside have some good understable stuff (vision, fuse, northman, etc) and don't have much in terms of super overstable, slower discs.

some one posted on FB a link to the Copenhagen Open and the fundraiser disc is an "upcoming" L64 Mid

speculation is that said disc is the OS mid

I checked discsport.se and didn't see it there...so I have not yet determined a way to get my hands on one

The Sinus is a decent overstable putter/mid in the same vein as the Zone. It's not Zone beefy, but it's damn dependable, and the plastic on both the AP and SP are great.

So what im curious about is how the escape and avenger compare. From what I gather, they sound like they would overlap. I picked up 2 fugitives, a escape and a trespass today. Have to say, I love the way these feel in my hand. Going to test them tomorrow vs my current set up of buzzz, avenger and force. And to you pain throwers out there, any overlap with the fugitive?

So what im curious about is how the escape and avenger compare. From what I gather, they sound like they would overlap. I picked up 2 fugitives, a escape and a trespass today. Have to say, I love the way these feel in my hand. Going to test them tomorrow vs my current set up of buzzz, avenger and force. And to you pain throwers out there, any overlap with the fugitive?

Pain and fugitive won't overlap much. They'll compliment each other nicely I would say although the pain is a thicker rim. More like a Drone and the Fugitive is like a Roc. The Fugitive should be a lot straighter with even some turn at high speeds. The Pain is quite a bit more stable.

I compared the Escape to the Avenger for Discraft. I don't know your distance but if you're a 400ft thrower I would say the Escape will be a lot straighter. Less side to side movement. Domier in profile but you'll see overlap. I think the Escape feels great in the hand. What plastic did you get?

Latest posts