• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Was it a proto or something recent? You said like KC pro though so it is probably the most recent. That's cool I'm heading down there in a few hours to see if they got some to try out.

Yeah the Fuzion Judge is an amazing driving putter I think. Holds a great hyzer line and quite a bit more stable than the soft. I have never actually had a putter so good off the tee and I've used Focus, Wizards, Aviars, Ions, and Opto Pure. Has a slight dome, added stability, the bead, and a shallow profile. Perfect ingredients for a driving putter to me. :clap:

How does it compare to the Rhyno?...my personal fav driving putter.

How does it compare to the Rhyno?...my personal fav driving putter.

I wouldn't really be comfortable making that comparison because I have very limited use with a Rhyno. The better comparison will be in April when DD launches a new mid/putt tweener similar to the Discraft Zone.

On my limited use with the Rhyno though I'd have to say the Fuzion Judge has more of a dome and of course the bead. Probably not as stable but compared to other putters that are similar it's on the high end of stability. Like a Wizard, Challenger, or new Aviar.

For me the biggest reasons I like it over my opto pure now for driving are.....

It holds up better in wind. Way better. I'm in Kansas, I played in 50+ gusts yesterday. An opto pure flips on me in half that.

The slight dome gives me the best glide I've ever had in any putter any plastic. It gets natural lift but not so much it just stalls. I haven't used it much on low lines in trees though I look forward to more of that but in more of an open hole it shines so far.

It holds a hyzer line, a straight line, and fights out of an anny line. I imagine if I beat it up enough I can have it hold an anny line to the ground. They will be great to cycle but since it's premium plastic I shouldn't have to do that but maybe once in the next few years?

Releases clean each time. Biggest thing for me and a driving putter. I can't be embarrassing myself grip locking a putter when I've done so much to look like a badass throwing a putter off the tee in the first place. :D

I think the bead and slim profile give me that clean release. I don't get it so much with the Pure and it was harder with a Soft Wizard because it was just a little too thick for my hands.

The classic soft ones make good off the tee or upshot putters too I just don't have the need for one anymore. I've got a Fuzion dyemax for what I described above and once I get my shoes on I'm heading down to DD to get my hands on a pair of the classic firm judges. Hopefully. :popcorn:

Was it a proto or something recent? You said like KC pro though so it is probably the most recent. That's cool I'm heading down there in a few hours to see if they got some to try out.

Yeah the Fuzion Judge is an amazing driving putter I think. Holds a great hyzer line and quite a bit more stable than the soft. I have never actually had a putter so good off the tee and I've used Focus, Wizards, Aviars, Ions, and Opto Pure. Has a slight dome, added stability, the bead, and a shallow profile. Perfect ingredients for a driving putter to me. :clap:

I like how the Fuzion Judges sound. If I'm already carrying a Zone and Opto Pure for driving/upshots, do you think there is too much overlap if I throw a Fuzion Judge in there? Is it closer to one of those than the other?

The Classic Judge I tried wasn't a proto - at least it wasn't stamped in any way to distinguish it as one. I guess I can safely say it was Dixon Jowers who had it (hopefully not stepping on any toes by naming names). This was 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks before that, I don't remember seeing it in his bag (I talked to him at a tourney to see what he was throwing since his switch).

While I don't like the Judge for putting, I am definitely curious about the Fuzions for upshots/drives...

Steeze, you've thrown a Biofuzion Fugitive, right? Hows the flight compared to the lucid? I know that, generally speaking, Biofuzion tends to be more stable, but do the Fugitives still have that slight bit of turn or not? Is the fade more pronounced?

Decided to give the classic soft fugitive a go tonight. The plastic is some of the grippiest plastic I have ever had. It however is like butter and is easy to ding, much like innova pro and the first run of test material. The flight pattern is close to the pure with a bit less speed and little bit more fade and glide. If you like shallow putter definitely one to try. I mostly putted indoors from 10-30 ft out, so couldn't tell you how it flew from the tee. I will be trying it other plastics as I have had not even a day and it is dinged to ish.

Steeze, you've thrown a Biofuzion Fugitive, right? Hows the flight compared to the lucid? I know that, generally speaking, Biofuzion tends to be more stable, but do the Fugitives still have that slight bit of turn or not? Is the fade more pronounced?

Very similar but yeah more stable on the bioFuzion. Not much they are close and I still get some high speed turn out of it but I do like them a little better. You can get the Fuzion Fugitives in dyemax at least but I haven't thrown one. I imagine it's close to the bio line.

Stevo-very cool. I picked up three of them today. They'll be online on Friday. Very KC Pro like you said. I'm throwing them later today.

Decided to give the classic soft fugitive a go tonight. The plastic is some of the grippiest plastic I have ever had. It however is like butter and is easy to ding, much like innova pro and the first run of test material. The flight pattern is close to the pure with a bit less speed and little bit more fade and glide. If you like shallow putter definitely one to try. I mostly putted indoors from 10-30 ft out, so couldn't tell you how it flew from the tee. I will be trying it other plastics as I have had not even a day and it is dinged to ish.

Sorry I meant the judge. Shouldn't write reviews when half awake.

Sorry I meant the judge. Shouldn't write reviews when half awake.

Have a pair of the classic soft and I haven't noticed anything but normal base plastic wear. They are too soft for my liking but they make decent driving or upshot putters. They land soft.

If you got the dough try a Fuzion Judge in a custom or already done dyemax design. They're domier and fly amazing. I have a review up on mine in this forum. I'll be doing one on the classic firm judges later today but I can tell already they are exactly what I've been waiting for. There's a first look thread on those I did yesterday. The Judge is becoming my favorite mold of the four.

did anyone here get testers of the DD discs????

i just haven't heard much about them. wondering why DD didn't send out testers....

So I threw a few DD discs this past weekend and enjoyed the Escape. The Fugitive I threw was a flippy piece of crap and it went straight into a drainage pipe......video/review to follow.

did anyone here get testers of the DD discs????

i just haven't heard much about them. wondering why DD didn't send out testers....

Someone on here was selling one of the protos and there's footage of EMac testing some discs. It might well have been that DD kept most of the testing to a small group of their pros or regular customers.

My thoughts on the DD disc's so far...

Bio and Lucid Trespass:
I have really taken a liking to this disc. I pulled all my forces out of my bag and put a bio and a lucid trespass in to try in that slot. The bio is definitely a notch more overstable than the lucid IMO. It has terrific speed/glide/stability. I have yet to see a top end pro bomb one of these, but I have no doubt that it will hang with the likes of a Destroyer or Force. In my test throwing, I put them up against ESP Forces and Star Destroyers. The one thing that I took away from that session was that the Trespass seems to have good qualities of both the Destroyer and Force. When thrown hard and flat, the lucid had a little bit of turn, similar to my Star Destroyers and as it started to run out of juice, the low speed fade was very similar to that of a Force. It also seems to not have the greatest forward penetration as it starts to run out of juice, but that might change a little after it starts to warm up and I can throw it how I want to. The Bio has yet to really flip on me. I was able to throw it into a 25 mph headwind and it still came back out of the turn.

Bio Escape:
I am not completely sold on this disc just yet. It feels like a teebird in the hand for the most part. It flies like a seasoned Star Teebird. The downside though, it can't really take a headwind at all, unless you throw it with quite a bit of hyzer on it. It does have tremendous glide though. And in terms of distance potential, I would put it right there with the FD for fairway drivers(Meaning it is on the longer distance end of the spectrum for a Fairway driver). If I can get one broken in a little more, I could easily see these replacing my S-FD's that I am currently carrying.

Bio Fugitive:
I am really liking the Bio Fugitive. I was test flying it next to a Buzzz SS and a Midnight Comet. The disc is pretty straight with minimal fade out of the box. It is also on the upper end in terms of speed for a midrange. I would put it in the same speed class as the Storm or Impact. The overall flight pattern is what I was hoping the Buzzz SS would be for me, but sadly wasn't. I don't normally throw full on power with a midrange, but I tried it with the fugitive. Not exactly an optimal midrange mold to do that with. I would be interested in seeing a Fugitive-X though in the future as it would be a great 1-2 combo in the midrange category.

My thoughts on the DD disc's so far...

Bio and Lucid Trespass:
I have really taken a liking to this disc. I pulled all my forces out of my bag and put a bio and a lucid trespass in to try in that slot. The bio is definitely a notch more overstable than the lucid IMO. It has terrific speed/glide/stability. I have yet to see a top end pro bomb one of these, but I have no doubt that it will hang with the likes of a Destroyer or Force. In my test throwing, I put them up against ESP Forces and Star Destroyers. The one thing that I took away from that session was that the Trespass seems to have good qualities of both the Destroyer and Force. When thrown hard and flat, the lucid had a little bit of turn, similar to my Star Destroyers and as it started to run out of juice, the low speed fade was very similar to that of a Force. It also seems to not have the greatest forward penetration as it starts to run out of juice, but that might change a little after it starts to warm up and I can throw it how I want to. The Bio has yet to really flip on me. I was able to throw it into a 25 mph headwind and it still came back out of the turn.

Bio Escape:
I am not completely sold on this disc just yet. It feels like a teebird in the hand for the most part. It flies like a seasoned Star Teebird. The downside though, it can't really take a headwind at all, unless you throw it with quite a bit of hyzer on it. It does have tremendous glide though. And in terms of distance potential, I would put it right there with the FD for fairway drivers(Meaning it is on the longer distance end of the spectrum for a Fairway driver). If I can get one broken in a little more, I could easily see these replacing my S-FD's that I am currently carrying.

Bio Fugitive:
I am really liking the Bio Fugitive. I was test flying it next to a Buzzz SS and a Midnight Comet. The disc is pretty straight with minimal fade out of the box. It is also on the upper end in terms of speed for a midrange. I would put it in the same speed class as the Storm or Impact. The overall flight pattern is what I was hoping the Buzzz SS would be for me, but sadly wasn't. I don't normally throw full on power with a midrange, but I tried it with the fugitive. Not exactly an optimal midrange mold to do that with. I would be interested in seeing a Fugitive-X though in the future as it would be a great 1-2 combo in the midrange category.

I guess I didn't throw the Escape.....it was a Trespass.

The FD/Jackal feels really nice so I will have to check out an Escape. Thanks for the detailed review!

Tad more OS. Lucids will turn more into headwind than bios. But don't get me wrong, lucid escapes are the best disc I own.

So, for people who have experience with a comet, would the fugitive have a similar, but faster flight path? Might have to try one out if that's the case. A faster but still neutral flight midrange would be right up my alley (or I will just stick with comets :D )

VicB...this is Blurr.

I have found that the Lucid Fugitive is fairly close to a Z-Comet in the same weight. Pretty straight with not much fade. The Bio Fugitive though has bit more stability when compared to a comet. I would almost compare it to something in the Roc/Shark stability. My love for the Fugitive has faded and the Comet is back in the bag.

Last edited:
VicB...this is Blurr.

I have found that the Lucid Fugitive is fairly close to a Z-Comet in the same weight. Pretty straight with not much fade. The Bio Fugitive though has bit more stability when compared to a comet. I would almost compare it to something in the Roc/Shark stability. My love for the Fugitive has faded and the Comet is back in the bag.

appreciate the feedback. maybe I'll pass on the fugitive then. I think it's going to be nearly impossible to get a comet out of my bag now that I'm not cycling rocs anymore.

Stag 171 fin. - Sword 171 - Bolt 171 - Escape 175 - River 170 - Striker 171 - Fugitive 180 - Trespass 169 bio - Judge - Classic Judge.
I didn't ask for anything in particular. I might take only them as my bag for a day.DD haul.jpg