• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Easiest color to see?

I am a huge fan of:

Pink, Baby Blue, and Dayglow Yellow. In fact that is about 90% of my bag outside of my putters.

Most of the disc I throw are bright Blue(no dark blue) or bright DayGlow Yellow. I also agree that Pink is excellent for visibility.

I prefer Orange....

DGmods5.jpg

We have a great test course. At various times of the year tall grass, open woods, dense underbrush & briars, creeks and a pond, and colorful fall leaves. Everything but snow. And we like to play late in the day, often fading into twilight.

Pink's the winner.

White is also very good in the woods, in places that don't have litter. However, we have large white quartz rocks on the ground, which skews white's results for us.

ROYGBIV - here you can see that Red has the longest wavelength and is easiest to see while Violet has the shortest and is the hardest color to see.

I find red to be the hardest to find.
It seems to blend in with everything.

White and pink are the easiest for me to see.
Neon green also seems to stand out pretty well in most situations.

Everyone seems to like pink which would explain why it can be tough to find.

You don't see it much because it doesn't sell much because it's....uh....well, not the most macho color available, shall we say.

And most buyers aren't selecting based on how easy it is to find bad throws.

Depends on season, terrain, and time of day. Any of the big 5 are great in their best conditions. White is the best on a nice open grassy course. Blue is very good in the snow. Dayglow yellow and orange are awesome at dusk and dawn, almost like seeing a glow disc at night. In general though Pink and Orange rule the roost. The brighter the better. Watch out for dull orange, it can be very hard to find many times of year and in the morning and evening.

A list of awful colors might be good. I'd second anything tie dyed from above. I saw a guy with a brown/dark green swirl the other day. I helped him look for it once, and when someone else found it about 2 feet from me and I still couldn't see it I told him I wouldn't help next time.

I find red to be the hardest to find.
It seems to blend in with everything.

White and pink are the easiest for me to see.
Neon green also seems to stand out pretty well in most situations.

well as i went on to say for most environments you'll want to take a brighter version or tint of the colors and go with those. you just said yourself pink is one of the easiest to see and pink is a tint of red. it's just that pink has more of its own place in language than any bright orange color.

Last edited:
I think white is easiest to find (minus snowy days obviously). It stands out really well on heavily wooded courses. Pink is good too...but white really stands out.

I like to throw black discs but they are never the easiest to find. Maybe in the snow. It seems as though everybody has come to the conclusion that pink, orange and white are easy to find. I will add a bright blue or a neon green/yellow.

I'll repeat pretty much what everone is saying and go with pink, however I also like the lighter blues and white a good deal.

The only colors I will refuse to buy are green or regular red discs. Being color blind I have the hardest time finding those red discs in the green grass.

My entire bag is white and pink discs because at my course you can lose a disc even the fairways. Lots of privet in the summer that just gets thicker everytime we cut it back. These colors work all year here in Alabama.

Even for the non-color-blind, red tends to disappear in low light, especially in green grass.

Tie-dyes, even with bright colors, can be worse than all of these, worse even than solid black. This seems a surprise to newer players, who were never told that bright orange tigers are invisible in tall grass.

I'll footnote that I ignore all this and don't buy based on findable colors, and even throw tie-dyes from time to time.