• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fav Fairway Drivers?

BluesandCards

Lets hear 'em, underspeed 10 what are your favorite fairway drivers and what shots do you use them for. Best combination of fairway drivers that cover every shot you need.

DX Teebird and Star TL. Great glide and distance from both, a little less fade from the TL. I can't play a round without these two. TL in the woods, Teebird for open drives.

11x champ eagle x and l. Best stable and understable fairway duo in the game.

I feel you, those are two i plan on getting in the near future. Hopefully with a gl pain. Im also thinking about a river i havent decided which to get.

I think a lot of people's response is going to be the champion birds. I throw a flippy, a straight, and an overstable teebird, with a glo fl and a glo firebird. This combo can cover pretty much everything.

is this for serious?

it feels dangerous doesn't it?

but I'll play

GL River 170 (I carry 2, one is slightly more seasoned): straight, hyzer flips, anny's, tailwind
CE EXP1 175: FH, thumber, spike hyzers
CE EXP 1 165: FH, BH hyzers, BH when windy
Base (Pro) EXP 1 170: straight BH drives with fade, when too windy for the River

I went with the No Run EXPs as I thought that being as stable as they are but in a less stable plastic (pro) I could get a similar type of flight as a champ TB without having to add the extra mold to my bag

is working out so far

Last edited:
Mine are a Light Flat GL River (Understable), Heavy Domey River(Stable), Opto River(Sable/Overstable), and a beat XXX(Overstable) if I need something with a Hook lol.

Last edited:
For the sake of discussion, does everyone consider a fairway driver to be within a certain speed range, or a certain control range? I thought speed 9 and up were in the distance category, but I may be mistaken...

qjls heavy and a variety of leopards. i could do away with the qj but like the extra fade. i also throw the tee bird in there but the qjls just feels better in my hand. leos for straight and right and qj for some left fade at the end. pure money!!!!

leopard for the win!!

i just picked 10 as the top level i dont really know which is which category i just was in the mood to hear some peoples choices since im looking to get a new pair.

For the sake of discussion, does everyone consider a fairway driver to be within a certain speed range, or a certain control range? I thought speed 9 and up were in the distance category, but I may be mistaken...

my opinion only

but in today's day and age of Speed 13 and 14 I think it is fair to say that Speed 9's are still in the Fairway category

Speed 6-9 is perhaps fair to say is fairway
10-14 being distance
3-5 being longer than you can reach with a putter

11x champ eagle x and l. Best stable and understable fairway duo in the game.
^^^
This is my Fairway Game! and I won't be looking back.
I have an 11x eagle X (distance driver) and one of the first runs of the 12x L molds. (very starry-champish) opaque,moreso!

my opinion only

but in today's day and age of Speed 13 and 14 I think it is fair to say that Speed 9's are still in the Fairway category

Speed 6-9 is perhaps fair to say is fairway
10-14 being distance
3-5 being longer than you can reach with a putter

This definitely makes sense, even if it does make the fact that I top out at a 9 a little depressing. :\

Latest posts