• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fav Fairway Drivers?

its really up to you, but a fairway driver is a must. most players i know have around 5 in their bag at least. i carry 4, but i also carry 4 mid ranges and 2 driving putters(also used as mids alot of the time).

I'm trying to create a useful big bag to fill up. I have enough good discs to fill it.. But a lot of them do the same thing or are very similar. I was thinking 12 Drivers (5 fairway), 6 Mids, and 2 putters (one inside the circle, one outside the circle). That seems like a perfect bag.. Just not sure what to fill it with. As far as fairways go. I loved my Eagle but I've heard the Teebird is just fantastic.

I have dropped all distance drivers and am using almost solely eagles...beat L for annys, newer 12x X for straight and a 11x X for overstable duties. Dx for max distance.

firebirds, teebirds, tls, leopards.

and vikings of course...but those are a little longer.

Since I change up disc lineups so much, I don't have a favorite. Here are examples:

EXP1
Q or S JLS
M or S PLS

or

XXX
Striker
River
Vision or Diamond (when tired)

or

EXP1
Ascent (if I had to pick a single favorite - this would be it)
Trak
PLS

The ones I carry are Champ Firebird, Champ Teebird, DX Teebird, DX Leopard. Covers all the shots I need.

With that being said, I still want to try out a stalker, I've heard they were dead straight and workable either way.

I'm thinking about getting a Champ Teebird, DX Teebird, and a DX Leopard now.. I understand how the leopard works already I just am not in to the pro plastic. These discs should do the trick though? I'll most likely start off with one of the Teebird's.

Who needs a favorite? I like Leo's, JLS, Tee Birds, Eagles, and I use the XL as a fairway, too (it just doesn't seem as fast as distance drivers).

I really can't say I reach for one significantly more than the others... depends on the shot.

You need a fairway driver, its a must for control drives. I tee off with pretty much only fairway drivers. You might want to check out a TL or a Stalker.

Same here. If the hole is under 400 feet I don't even pull out my drivers.