• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Putter and Why?

I know that this is a little odd but I really like a Lightning #2. I usually hit the chains rather hard and this putter holds a line best for me. You can't wuss putt with it. If you do, it'll fade badly. IMO if you develop the technique of going hard and straight at the pole, windy day putting becomes easier because you don't have to adjust your technique very much.

The one that I like that is more popular in a regular old Aviar.

Pumpkin Stamped DX Aviar P&A's. I've tried a lot and haven't found anything better and pumpkin stamps are cool.

wizards all the way:thmbup:
started with an aviar hated it, switched to a warlock had better luck, but then i tried a wizard and love it for all my short shots. hoping to pick up a few more since my 2 are starting to get beat up a little bit

s wizard for putting inside the circle, sss wizard for short upshots/jump putts (only recently been working in a jump putt, though). why? i have no idea, of everything i've tried, they just get in the chains the most. after using them all the time, they've simply become the most consistently comfortable putters in my hands. they also have a tendency to stick and fall in the basket in dumb ways where most other putters would have bounced/chained out right away

s wizard for putting inside the circle, sss wizard for short upshots/jump putts. why? i have no idea, of everything i've tried, they just get in the chains the most. after using them all the time, they've simply become the most consistently comfortable putters in my hands. they also have a tendency to stick and fall in the basket in dumb ways where most other putters would have bounced/chained out right away

that's backwards from most players. alot of people drive with stiffer ones and putt with the softer ones. strange. but so are you, medicinalfunk :)

After using Aviars, Classic Aviars, Magnets, Challengers, Banger GTs, VPs, Ions, Zones, and Magics, I've settled on Wizards (that I tell them). I have been known to cheat on the Wizards on occasion - I have a Ridge that's going in the bag today, actually - but it's just for occasional kicks.

I started with a SSS Organic Wizard but am really liking a Medium I bought for approaches.

Ching Tank and DGA Blowfly II both just seem to work really well for me I just got a soft magic but havn't thrown it much yet

I settled with the Voodoo. Pretty much a broken in Wizard without the bead. I liked the Wizard, but the Voodoo just feels so much better while only sacrificing a little wind resistance.

I honestly have the best luck using my Z Buzzz as a putter! I have a true putter that I mostly use, but I honestly don't know what it is. I found it years ago with no markings....

I used a Magnet 170 for a while, but really didn't care for it much....the heavier weight seemed to make it glide poorly, and I was just not very accurate with it. My Buzzz, on the other hand, is very easily controllable.

Garret

i use my buzz to putt when it's windy. when it's REALLY windy, ive been using my new drone

i use my buzz to putt when it's windy. when it's REALLY windy, ive been using my new drone

I see you use an Avenger SS - how do you like it? Which weight do you throw, and how well does it do in the wind? I just bought one online yesterday....I am hoping it will be a good disc for me.

Garret

Also anyone else feel like all the really overstable putter driving is because of OAT?

I think it could be because of OAT, but I also think it may be because putters are easy to get to fly faster than their speed rating, so they act more understable when thrown on a drive. I use a jk aviar for driving because it will hold a straight line and will fade very little, if any, when I throw it around 280-300'. My beat up aviar P&A is really understable and will turn on throws with more than about 150' of power, so it is hard to get enough hyzer on it to make it go much more than about 250'.

Strange, I can get Magics out to 350' and those are very understable. Turning at 150'...must be beat to hell.

I like Wizards. The secrets out!

I think they're a good combo of glide and a predictable fade. I find them useful for BH, FH, rollers, OH's, drive, putt, and approach. Comfortable in the hand and available in an essentially unlimited amount of variations in plastics.

I like lighter organic Wizards for putting, ones that are a little tacky feeling on the surface with a bit of flex in the flight plate but not much.

I've tried over 10 different putter molds, and I found some that did one thing better than the Wizard did, but none could match it when it came to overall performance IMO.

rhyno feels good in the hands, makes a good approach disc and a roller... loves to be with the chains

My putting is so atrocious right now that my answer for my favorite putter depends on how far away I am from the basket, how the wind is, whether I am going to par or worse, and if I am above or below the basket. Now I pack three different putters in my bag and with my willingness to use my Star Ontario Roc as a putter as well, I have four to pick from.

I know it is a confidence issue, I am no illusions to the contrary, but that does not mean I can magically make myself confident about my putting.

I currently carry a X-Link Summit, X-Link Firm Ridge, X Soft Focus, and then the Star Ontario Roc. I have been keeping track of my putting on the scorecard here on this website and I am currently sitting at 1.34 putts per hole and I count anything with 40 feet of the basket and any putt where I felt I could have made it.