• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First PDGA event

Tradisc

I recently decided to get my number and start playing some events. I registered for two tournaments right away, both in the rec division. After doing some browsing I found the scores from last years events and noticed that my normal scores at said courses are a few strokes better than what took first last year. Being new to the tourny scene I did't want to jump in to int right away though now I'm worried I might be alittle above the average rec player.

My question is....Should I just not worry about it and shoot both tournaments in the rec division even if I cash/win the first tourny or should I contact the TD and see if I can move up?

For most people, their tourney scores will not be as good as every day rounds; partially due to the fact that we tend to remember good rounds and rather easily forget bad ones.

For most people, their tourney scores will not be as good as every day rounds; partially due to the fact that we tend to remember good rounds and rather easily forget bad ones.

I wish I could easily forget the bad ones :) I just don't want to upset anyone in the event that I do have a good round. So I will play ing the first one and take it from there .

I wish I could easily forget the bad ones :) I just don't want to upset anyone in the event that I do have a good round. So I will play ing the first one and take it from there .

That's sounds good. After the first one you can check out the temp round ratings to see where abouts you should play.

Also, tournaments tend to play slower than casual play, so your rhythem may not be in check. Good luck and have fun:D.

I play much better in casual rounds then I do in tournaments or in my weekly league and it pisses me off. I believe its a mixture of a lot of things, rhythm, nerves, pressure all together. Ill shoot a 62 on a course for league and be completely pissed off about it and come back the next day and shoot a 52 with no pressure, happens all the time and it is very frustrating. Its like my putts, if I concentrate I will usually mess them up, if I just gun it in the basket without any thought about it then I will make it most of the time. Like Frankie goes to hollywood said "RELAX, dont do it, when ya want to go to it."

Another thing to think about is what was the hole configuration in the last tournament at the course. That could cause the score to appear better or worse than you play.

I had checked a tournament I just played, the Old Fort Open, and compared it to my score at the same course last year, Summer Sweat, and I shot way worse this year. Then I remembered that the TD added 3 holes this year, one was a REALLY long hole, and changed another pin's placement.

Latest posts