• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flak4 Bag Millennium Hyzerbomb

If the X had the same padding/straps/handle, I would have gone that route.

The X 2 (whenever it happens) should make that change.

Matt stated the production run of the X would have it but I've yet to have seen it.

Ive had zero issue with my flak4 and I got the first run from the pre orders. Also had zero issues with my flak3.

To the guy that asked about that panel, it goes in the bottom of the top compartment. It will fit, I promise. Once you kind of flex and push it down there, it will "pop" into place in a sense. Adds dexterity to the storage pocket to help it not sag.

Also, that bottom area is zippered in to also add dexterity. In the early runs of the flak 3 and was held in with Velcro and they had really bad sagging issues. Don't think its meant to be unzipped for any useable reason. Just how its all held together.

If that's the case it should have been plastic and what's already there sewed it.

Eliminate the zipper and the panel.

Stupid ass me put the panel on the bottom though lol.

It appears to be an upgrade from my 3 but not sure of the reasoning. They obviously must have had issues and found this to be a good resolve. I think b4 the top compartment things could eventually fall through...? Not sure but believe my friend had this issue with a 2.

To the guy that asked about that panel, it goes in the bottom of the top compartment. It will fit, I promise. Once you kind of flex and push it down there, it will "pop" into place in a sense. Adds dexterity to the storage pocket to help it not sag.

Thank you! Could not for the life of me figure out what to do with it. Don't know why it doesn't come in place but whatever.

And I agree with the other dude, the zippers are really random and I don't know why you wouldn't just sew the thing together

Unless it collapsed from the outside to convert into an X, I don't see the reason for it.

Just got the Flak X.....

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FLAK X!!! Seems like everytime I get a new Hyzerbomb Bag, they find a way to make me love it more than the previous one!
IMO, its as if they took a little bit from a few different bags to make one awesome bag.
- The top pocket is much like Grips quiver. It will hold 2 putters and has snaps to choose whether they go completely into bag, or sit 3/4 in for easier grabbing.
- The second pocket on the main flap is also much like Grips storage pocket for personal belongings. Deep enough to hold a good bit of stuff yet shallow enough to not have to dig around and find what you want. And has an inner clip for keys or bag tags.
- Has a second mini pocket on top of bag which is convenient for those that don't carry mini on person.
- The main compartment is completely open, similar to a Golf Mahal. There is no "mouth" type opening, so each disc is just as easy to get in and out as any other disc, regardless of where it sits in main pocket. No more jamming and squeezing to get that disc in our out that is on the far sides of the bag.
- The straps and yoke are, IMO, improved from the Flak4. The yoke looks very similar to both Grips and Lat 64s design on the luxury bag. And the straps seem like they have less padding, but more support. Leading me to believe overall it is more ergonomical. The less padding I noticed, as on my flak4 there was so much padding there that the straps would be saturated with sweat from wearing the bag. So much that I would notice everytime I picked up the bag cause my hand would get damp. 2 rounds in 95* weather yesterday and the straps never felt moist.
- The side slip pockets are the same as flak4 but bigger. Could literally put like 3-4 putters in each one. I just carry two, which sit down in there nice and even with each other, where on the flak4 2 putters was about the absolute max.
- The side zippered pockets aren't like any other bag I know of. They are plenty roomy without being overly big. Currently in one I have 3-4 towels and a birdie bag, and in the other I keep a couple of cliff bars, other snacks, and my wallet. How much you put in these pockets doesn't seem to effect any other pockets, or cause any bulging issues. You could put 3-5 discs in these pockets if you wanted.
- Between the front mini pocket and the main compartment is another thin slip pocket. You could put a disc in there but it would slightly get in the way of easy grabbing of main compartment discs. I find this pocket to be perfect for a scorecard. Keeps it separate from any other items so you don't accidentally lose it, and keeps it from getting bent or damaged.

All and all I love this bag and it is for sure my new favorite bag. If anyone has any more specific questions about the bag, feel free to ask.

When the X gets the same padding as the 4, I'll look into it knowing that's the bag I originally wanted.

Latest posts