• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flat top,glidey putter

Sounds like you just need to practice putting. Dont worry about the mold so much IMO.

Every single one of the discs you ruled out share a similarity to most any popular stable putter with flight ratings your looking for.

Get a 150 class putter for some super glide.

I glanced through the thread before posting, so here's my $0.02:

First, you might want to wait until the V-Aviar comes out rather than the Whale. The Whale is based on the Big Bead Aviar Driver mold, while the V-Aviar is based on the Aviar P&A mold (that is the Nova and McPro Aviar, etc. base).

Second, I'd suggest you look at the Pure (3,3,0,0). The Opto Pure is flat, it flies straight, it goes far (it's almost midrange length out of a putter). You could try Zero Hard (my favorite), or Zero Medium as a putting putter.

I also would recommend looking at the Judge (2,4,0, 0.5)(really should be 3,4,0,1) or Warden (2,4,0,0.5). The Judge is beaded, the Warden is not. They're both flat, fairly shallow. I use a Lucid Judge for throwing shots I want to put a touch of anny on, and the Classic Warden (equivalent of the Zero Hard plastic) is my in-the-circle putter.

You've ruled out my other suggestions, so I'll leave it to the above for now...

I will look through the forum, but will the Vaviar have the bead? To my recollection the PnA Aviars I have felt are beadless.

Thanks again for the pure comment, I really just didn't like the feel in hand.

P1X in P or D line might be an option. It's Aviar-like I guess, but neutral, glidey, and has a microbead. It's deeper than Pures, Colts, etc.

The P1x does seem interesting, from my reading it seems as if they have molded up pretty flat. Don't suppose anybody has a picture of one compared to some other disc?

Sounds like you just need to practice putting. Dont worry about the mold so much IMO.

Every single one of the discs you ruled out share a similarity to most any popular stable putter with flight ratings your looking for.

Really? Not very helpful. I do practice. Try to do it daily, but I haven't found a putter that I love in my hands yet. There are so many molds out there I think this is a legitimate thread without the "practice more comments"

Yes I have ruled out many discs that are either classics or clones of classics, yet not every disc feels the same. Buying a 150 class doesn't remedy that either.

So far I have gotten some good ideas about discmania, and prodigy that I haven't found locally or thought of to try yet. Thank you for those who are offering options.

I'd have to disagree. I can bang inside the circle putts with my friends polecat, but I'd rather hold a cactus than that piece of garbage. I'd say how the disc feels in my hand is equally if not more important than actual flight.

I will look through the forum, but will the Vaviar have the bead? To my recollection the PnA Aviars I have felt are beadless.

Yes, the V-Aviar is beaded. All V-Tech discs are beaded, it's part of the package.

There are XT V-Aviars at the Innova Proshop. I have not tried one only because I'm not a fan of XT plastic (JMHO, YMMV), and am waiting for it in Star or maybe Champ plastic.

The point is most of the molds being suggested are all pretty similar to what you've ruled out lol... Good luck!

Check out a polecat?!

It sounds like you're searching for something that doesn't exist. I agree with AFTC (that hurts)...sounds like you just need to find something that you can put in the basket and get used to it.

Or, maybe you just don't like putters. Putt with a Roc.

Maybe try out the Ridge or one of Vibram's other putters? All have pretty decent glide and are flat except for the Sole.

I'd have to disagree. I can bang inside the circle putts with my friends polecat, but I'd rather hold a cactus than that piece of garbage. I'd say how the disc feels in my hand is equally if not more important than actual flight.

You must have some cuddly cactus experiences. Mine are DG related.

Da kitty is legit and i suck at disc golf.

Shields are pretty flat. I don't feel a bead on mine though, don't know what people are talking about.

I used to hate that tall/sloped shoulder too. So I would only putt with Rhynos or soft putters I could squish it down on.

I got over it :\

This thread is the perfect example of why the sheer quantity and variety of molds available these days is keeping a lot of people from just learning how to throw stuff.

This is so easy, a Kastaplast Reko. Great putter.

This thread is the perfect example of why the sheer quantity and variety of molds available these days is keeping a lot of people from just learning how to throw stuff.

No doubt.

To add to the confusion, I'll say try the Kastaplast Reko.
Great driving and/or putting putter.
Slight concave dome, micro bead, glidey but not too much.
Also awesome grippy and durable K3 plastic.
Its like a Wizard and an Aviar PnA had a baby.

I agree with this too. But first world problems, we have the luxury of searching for the perfect disc. The vast knowledge on these forums should be able to help, not criticize.

Latest posts