• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I do find the Teebird (dome) and Teebird3 (flat) have enough of a profile and flight difference (especially in windy conditions) that I treat them differently when throwing. Teebirds can have more loft/glide and I can get more distance and more fade. Teebird3s are better for managing landing in target areas with the more 'point and shoot' line drive shots with lower glide.

I just say "Teebird A has more glide/more turn/etc. Teebird B is more overstable and skips better etc. Easier for my brain that way.

No correct answer IMO!

What do you mean by this? transition from DX/ Pro to Star / Champion? Or different blends of premium plastic over the years?

Different plastic blends over the years. CE/KC teebirds were flat. They gradually got more and more domey.

Tweaked my form a bit and generated more snap. I threw my Teebird on a 400' hole (albeit pretty down hill) that I usually pull a Valkyrie out on and went about 40' past the pin on a laser beam. I finally get the Teebird is great. This is a 172g Star with moderate dome and it's breaking in to something special. I have a slightly more overstable champ that compliments it well. Just sharing some love for this disc :hfive:

Ordered a couple of G-star Teebirds from the factory store because it's the only plastic that I haven't tried the Teebird in. They're out in the mailbox right now. I ordered factory seconds so I didn't get to pick the colors. Knowing Innova I probably got a poop brown one and some sort of olive drab green.

Jackpot! A red double stamp and a yellow with the usual F2 stamp. At least if I lose these it will be because of an errant throw and not because they're invisible.

8fe81e78378aba945d435fa2fc5b6970.jpg

Jackpot! A red double stamp and a yellow with the usual F2 stamp. At least if I lose these it will be because of an errant throw and not because they're invisible.

8fe81e78378aba945d435fa2fc5b6970.jpg

Curious how the fly. I generally try and buy metal flake or glow Teebirds so they are the most OS, but it's fun to try different varieties.

Curious how the fly. I generally try and buy metal flake or glow Teebirds so they are the most OS, but it's fun to try different varieties.

I don't typically bag Teebirds. When I do I have some color glows from 2018 that I really like.

I'm kind of hoping these are kind of like a seasoned star Teebird right off the shelf. Maybe something that feels like a Teebird but flies more like a TL or FD.

I don't typically bag Teebirds. When I do I have some color glows from 2018 that I really like.

I'm kind of hoping these are kind of like a seasoned star Teebird right off the shelf. Maybe something that feels like a Teebird but flies more like a TL or FD.

Unless they've changed since I last tried them, you probably won't be disappointed. My experience with GStar Teebirds was exactly that. Maybe just slightly more stable than a TL out of the box but breaks into that sort of flight very quickly.

Yea, I'm currently bouncing back and forth between ~175g Star Leopard3s and ~170g GStar Teebird3s as my slightly under stable fairway slot.

I have some freakishly stable Leopard3s and some very flippy Teebird3s, so there's plenty of overlap. Right now I'm leaning towards mold minimilzation (175g Champ and 170 GStar Teebird3s), but then some months I just really connect with my Leopards and that's what I want to hit long gaps with.

I think GStar Teebirds are a solid neutral/forgiving fairway choice.

Successful outing with the Teebirds today. Maybe not quite as "understable" as I expected from the g-star plastic but could be my noodle arm or the elevation or the fact that they are brand spanking new.

I didn't have a bad show with the Teebirds. Hit an early tree on a 500' hole leaving me with about a 300' upshot through a semi tight gap and parked it. Had a 325' shot that carries water for about 275'. Parked.

4f81c6afaeae976955f4e7776b301d4f.jpg

Yea, I'm currently bouncing back and forth between ~175g Star Leopard3s and ~170g GStar Teebird3s as my slightly under stable fairway slot.

I have some freakishly stable Leopard3s and some very flippy Teebird3s, so there's plenty of overlap. Right now I'm leaning towards mold minimilzation (175g Champ and 170 GStar Teebird3s), but then some months I just really connect with my Leopards and that's what I want to hit long gaps with.

I think GStar Teebirds are a solid neutral/forgiving fairway choice.

I understand the concept of mold minimalism but Leopards and Teebirds absolutely can and should coexist in a bag.

I understand the concept of mold minimalism but Leopards and Teebirds absolutely can and should coexist in a bag.

Thoughts on TL vs Leopard/Leopard3 as a compliment to a Teebird? I find that the flights are very very similar and I've been liking the TL a little more for the hand feel.

Thoughts on TL vs Leopard/Leopard3 as a compliment to a Teebird? I find that the flights are very very similar and I've been liking the TL a little more for the hand feel.

Leopard(3)s are definitely more understable than TL(3)s, noticably so, but there is substantial overlap with plastics and individual disc variability. The TL(3)s are also faster than Leopard(3)s.

I'll sometimes bag both, depending on the wear of discs I have, the course and the weather, but in general I'll stick with one.

I've personally never found a place in my bag for 1.6mm rimmed drivers like the Leopard/3 when I already have a beat-to-crap Teebird3.

If I want to disc down and finesse a shot, I'll go straight to a 5 speed mid.

It's not like it'd be dumb to have a little slower of a fairway driver for more control, it just doesn't suit me because of the awkward hand feel.

Factory second champ Teebirds on sale in the factory store for $6 if anyone needs any.

definitely didn't need them but even after tax and shipping these are a steal. also threw in a pair of Star Shrykes for $7 each. can never have too many backups, right?

definitely didn't need them but even after tax and shipping these are a steal. also threw in a pair of Star Shrykes for $7 each. can never have too many backups, right?

Almost ordered a few myself. At that price they are great for those hero shots where the probability of a lost disc is high.

Mostly yes.

I hate how much unthrown plastic I have, though.

Mostly yes.

I hate how much unthrown plastic I have, though.

A constant debate I have is whether I should play exclusively with the same discs over and over again to learn them, or if I should always rotate backups in from the bins. Sometimes I've found backups that had been sitting years that are awesome and need to bag, or way worse than expected and offload them.

My haul of Champ 170-172's. They're all medium dome and fairly gummy and grippy, reminds me of Lat 64's Opto blend. Also are the new tooling that has "www.innovadiscs.com" on one side and "made in USA" on the opposite.

a03f368d91be1aed670b5aaadbcc4cc0.jpg

Latest posts