• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

Somewhere, someone talked about the element X. But searching from the phone is tedious. Thinking about it more, I believe their four mids are two tops and two bottoms.

Notch top & bead - warrior
Notch top & beadless - scout
Angle top & bead - karma
Angle top & beadless - element

Good chance I'm way off too. Maybe Allen or JCass can clear it up.

Mmmm I loved the Element-X. The Karma just didn't feel the same.

Somewhere, someone talked about the element X. But searching from the phone is tedious. Thinking about it more, I believe their four mids are two tops and two bottoms.

Notch top & bead - warrior
Notch top & beadless - scout
Angle top & bead - karma
Angle top & beadless - element

Good chance I'm way off too. Maybe Allen or JCass can clear it up.

Element has a small bead, the Mystic is supposed to be a Element top (likely domed up if in Evo) with what looks like a concave tooling of the Scout wing. Karma from what I understand is an evolved version of what used to be called the "Element-X", basically an element with a blunt edge wing and a bigger bead.

Element has a small bead, the Mystic is supposed to be a Element top (likely domed up if in Evo) with what looks like a concave tooling of the Scout wing. Karma from what I understand is an evolved version of what used to be called the "Element-X", basically an element with a blunt edge wing and a bigger bead.

Damn, forgot about the Mystic. I knew I was wrong. :wall:

Two bottoms and three tops

Share top: Warrior and Scout
Share Top: Karma and Element Discs Lithium
Share Top: Element and Mystic

There is currently a beaded and non beaded wing.

Element X is very likely to reappear as Gateway is cutting an old school, squared off inner rim which will make the Karma a match for Element X

Well, that's cleared up.

I think if had remembered the Mystic, I would have got it right.

So what would it take to get Fossil (SGS) Scouts with RDG Ouroboros stamps?

And some RDG Eye Stamped Warriors again.... I bought like 6 of those ones you had up last summer jcass, and i'm good for 6 more ;)

Ok I have heard Dave Mac likes to experiment with plastics blends and does a great job at it. I am know expert but always thought a blend of 40% Delrin and 60% rubber would make a great blend for a golf disc in theory. I am sure there is a lot more to like melting points and how well they will bond together it but I think it would have a chance to pass the flexibility test with enough rubber. And would be very durable disc with good memory. However Delrin isn't cheap and it might not be cost effective. I guess this in more of a suggestion then a question and a dream of mine to be a mad plastic blender ��

The Scout used to be different, no idea what it was before.

I don't want to confuse people too much but the Scout used to be the Demon molded in H plastic. Gateway discs molded in H plastic flew so differently Gateway gave them different names. Demon/Scout, Blaze/ Warrior and Wizard/ Chief.
For the most part Gateway recycles good names for discs nobody remembers so it's all good.

I don't want to confuse people too much but the Scout used to be the Demon molded in H plastic. Gateway discs molded in H plastic flew so differently Gateway gave them different names. Demon/Scout, Blaze/ Warrior and Wizard/ Chief.
For the most part Gateway recycles good names for discs nobody remembers so it's all good.

Wow, no idea it was the Demon mold. I've only seen one, it was on feebay and it looked domey and weird.

Scouts were pretty stiff and domey. I remember the Scout not being as overstable as the Demon.

Wow, no idea it was the Demon mold. I've only seen one, it was on feebay and it looked domey and weird.

When they first used the Scout name, they did something (I wanna say they put them in water right after) to make the Demon dome up and get something like a Spider, now the disc called Scout is completely different, large diameter and flies like a Buzzz or Coyote.

Are there plans for running Assassins in weights other than 175? Something in the high 160's would be nice

Latest posts