• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

I do not see top level competition going any way but towards more hyzer fests. Event organizers are all about the views and ability for fans to follow cards.
The future (next 20 years) is the Utah Open and Ledgestone - 4 rounds out in the field.

I'll politely disagree with this. I think as technology continues to advance -- meaning better cell signals, cheaper equipment, etc. -- we'll see a correction back toward the middle. We may not have a tour full of DeLas, but I think it will be closer to a tour full of Wacos or Green Mountain Championships, where you have quality lines and decent room for spectators.

I'll politely disagree with this. I think as technology continues to advance -- meaning better cell signals, cheaper equipment, etc. -- we'll see a correction back toward the middle. We may not have a tour full of DeLas, but I think it will be closer to a tour full of Wacos or Green Mountain Championships, where you have quality lines and decent room for spectators.

I think so to. There's a combination at work of improving technology and facilities actually being built from the ground up with high end play including video in mind.

I think the biggest shift will be away from live spectators on the course, to a focus solely on video/at home audiences at bigger events. Everyone can sit around the 18th/27th whatever watching the final round come in. Most 'wooded' courses still open up on a final hole for an audience to watch the end live. Id rather see better courses being played with less crowds there.

Un-related to his game, I was always curious about his neck...His statement cleared that up for me. "cystic acne" Sounds bad. I always assumed it was a burn of some sort.
I've always loved watching Will though, and I look forward to seeing him back on top

Cystic acne is not the end of the world. He can see a dermatologist and get the cysts removed... just has to make sure the doctor is good and gets it all out...

Cystic acne is not the end of the world. He can see a dermatologist and get the cysts removed... just has to make sure the doctor is good and gets it all out...

It's not that simple. He has a lot of scarring there which would require more invasive (and costly) techniques. But you're right. It's not the end of the world. The internet seems much more worried about it than he is. And how he feels about it is all that matters.

I do not see top level competition going any way but towards more hyzer fests. Event organizers are all about the views and ability for fans to follow cards.
The future (next 20 years) is the Utah Open and Ledgestone - 4 rounds out in the field.

I tend to agree, though I hate it. Though technology will allow filming of tournament play in the woods, the powers that be that want DG to be a spectator sport want to show long bomb throws to the viewers, whether live or on TV. I fear the art of well played DG on technical courses will go the way of defensive football... discarded in favor of the "ooh, ahh" Lizotte 750 ft. throw...

I tend to agree, though I hate it. Though technology will allow filming of tournament play in the woods, the powers that be that want DG to be a spectator sport want to show long bomb throws to the viewers, whether live or on TV. I fear the art of well played DG on technical courses will go the way of defensive football... discarded in favor of the "ooh, ahh" Lizotte 750 ft. throw...

One great thing about the sport is that while the big events with the most cash may be played in in the open, there will still be B and A tiers hosting great competitive tournaments each weekend at awesome courses across the country.

Agree to disagree. Anyone can answer who he is?

He is a talented professional disc golfer. What else would you like to know that you cant search?

Not trying to come after you, just letting you know this site has a lot of info and youtube has alot of videos.

He is a talented professional disc golfer. What else would you like to know that you cant search?

Not trying to come after you, just letting you know this site has a lot of info and youtube has alot of videos.

Come after me? Strange. Feeling guilty?

Anyway if you could read instead of "come after me" I was asking if he's touring because I haven't seen him.

He is skinny, throws farther than almost anybody on this forum, has extremely bad putting rounds and recently got married. Won USDGC a couple years ago. Anything else you need to know?

One great thing about the sport is that while the big events with the most cash may be played in in the open, there will still be B and A tiers hosting great competitive tournaments each weekend at awesome courses across the country.

True. I hope they get good video coverage.

(Which reminds me... I haven't seen any Matt Dollar Disc Golf videos lately. Wonder what he's up to?)

True. I hope they get good video coverage.

(Which reminds me... I haven't seen any Matt Dollar Disc Golf videos lately. Wonder what he's up to?)

There are a couple vids from Flyboy in the tourney video thread that were posted a couple weeks ago.

In this AMA with Paul he kind of touches on courses of the future saying that they will be more open and "fair" to everyone, whatever that means.. But I feel like if anyone would know where top level layouts are headed, it would be McBeth.

https://youtu.be/EXxHvIZu4Sg?t=322

Last edited:
Come after me? Strange. Feeling guilty?

Anyway if you could read instead of "come after me" I was asking if he's touring because I haven't seen him.

Im so glad you brought up "reading". If you were to just read the thread you posted in, you could answer your own questions.

Guilty is definitely not a feeling i will ever have towards an online person i never met. Just trying to help you get accustomed to the site. Maybe i could of delivered it differently but then again, i dont know you or care enough.

Good luck with certain other ppl on this site that wont play as nice as i have.

On the Will topic, what he is saying about his shoulder would explain alot about his putt. I hope he gets it figured out because the rest of his game is top 10 in the world and he seems like a nice guy.