• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

You are both adorable when someone has an opinion that is different than yours. :popcorn:

You dont even make sense. No **** Paul would stuggle with a new putter when hes used aviars forever. What are you even talking about?

Will S used to be better. Hes slacking. Has nothing to do with equipment. It all works'

You dont even make sense. No **** Paul would stuggle with a new putter when hes used aviars forever. What are you even talking about?

Will S used to be better. Hes slacking. Has nothing to do with equipment. It all works'
So putter selection matters then? Or it doesn't?

Do you just like to argue for the sake of arguing?

I like how people are trying to point to ONE big factor but could it be that various factors are in play, you know, like how life actually is?

#stopbeingsoDGCRDGCR

Ehhhh, there might be some truth to this, but life isn't affecting that hitch in his putt. Make him putt like McBeth for one tourney and tell me he won't win. He's usually in the hunt as it is now, even WITH the putting issues. Let's not forget that he almost (and should have) won Worlds last year.

And thanks, Dana, for setting us straight on his upcoming marriage.

If he reworks the putt, and "life" doesn't get in the way, then he could be unstoppable.

So putter selection matters then? Or it doesn't?

Do you just like to argue for the sake of arguing?

Its pretty simple to understand. It doesn't matter given time to practice. Will has been throwing Prodigy for what 3-4 years? Giving Paul that much time to adjust he could throw anything. That is the point. At this point you can't blame the disc.

Y'all may not believe in the power of thought and prayer but maybe all this homoerotic attention on Paul has sucked the mojo out of Will's dojo. Does Will even have a super lustful stamp of his rippling muscles? Are ANY of you posting daily to his social profiles to keep your head up, champ? Well then it's on you. You experts should offer him some coaching since you got it all figured out. Poor Will. And his poor imaginary wife taking all the heat during this in depth marathon of solid factual analysis.

Ahem:

A. Millenials expect success and have an early peak. If they haven't made it by 25 its all over.
B. Its hard to putt all day and all night.:D

Last edited:
Its pretty simple to understand. It doesn't matter given time to practice. Will has been throwing Prodigy for what 3-4 years? Giving Paul that much time to adjust he could throw anything. That is the point. At this point you can't blame the disc.
Seriously. Look what beastie did with those 90s molds in DX...At any point you cant really blame a disc for anything. Even if a player flips one over or it fades early etc thats not on the disc at all. Takes a few throws to understand most molds its not rocket science.

I just like calling my discs stupid bc im too perfect of a thrower to blame myself.

Y'all may not believe in the power of thought and prayer but maybe all this homoerotic attention on Paul has sucked the mojo out of Will's dojo. Does Will even have a super lustful stamp of his rippling muscles? Are ANY of you posting daily to his social profiles to keep your head up, champ? Well then it's on you. You experts should offer him some coaching since you got it all figured out. Poor Will. And his poor imaginary wife taking all the heat during this in depth marathon of solid factual analysis.

You might be onto something with this homoerotic attention and rippling muscles.

I mean it worked for Mike C and MVP for awhile.

Some molds just don't mesh, it happens. I will agree that inside the circle, it could be negligible. But if you took McPro Aviars away from Paul and gave him a Discraft Challenger and said "Win worlds with this", he will struggle.

When are you switching his discs on him, right before round 1 or a couple weeks before the tournament? If it's right before round 1, and he's never thrown a Challenger before, then yes, I'd expect him to struggle. If you give him a couple weeks to work with the discs and learn them a bit, I expect he'd make some adjustments and be fine by the start of the tournament. He might still need more time for the fine adjustments to come on line so he probably wouldn't be the lights-out putter he's been known as for years, but in terms of contending to win the tournament using new-to-him putters, he'd be right there.

Will's been at least 2.5 years (not counting year one of Prodigy when they allowed the players to throw anything) out of his KC Aviars. If he hasn't made the adjustments necessary to be at least as strong a putter with whatever Prodigy mold he chooses then that's on him not the disc. The disc might be a fair excuse 3 months or 6 months into a switch...not 2.5 years. Will's putting woes go beyond the disc in his hand.

I think Ricky has shown that switching companies isn't that big of a deal. He was still competing at the highest levels shortly after switching away from prodigy.

I agree that the discs have nothing to do with it.

There's a YouTube video of will and Katrina playing cedar hill park tn, and will is using/trying out a textbook straddle pitch putt throughout the round and damn he's putting lights out with it. Kind of wish he would just go with that.

It's easy to diagnose and more importantly, fix, problems when you have a standard push/spin/etc type of putt.

I think Ricky has shown that switching companies isn't that big of a deal. He was still competing at the highest levels shortly after switching away from prodigy.

I agree that the discs have nothing to do with it.
But his rating suffered when switching to Prodigy. :popcorn:

Rick and Nikko both make compelling antecdotes for why the plastic doesn't matter. Rick has switched more then anybody over the last 3 years and his putting has never skipped a beat. A lot of people blamed nikkos putting woes on prodigy and thought he would turn it around when he went back to wizards. He got WORSE putting a disc he was MORE compfortable and familiar with.