• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

With that in mind, I expect you to be able to putt with the same consistency and reliability with a 10m brick in your hand in comparison to your typical putter.

If you practiced putting with a garbage can lid you would become proficient using it. I know why i miss putts and it has nothing to do with the mold i use.

If the discs don't matter, then why on earth do all of the fanboys argue back and forth about which company is better? Why do we go through piles of putters before picking the one that "works for us?" Why do people seek out 10x Aviars, or specific runs of Wizards?

Because it matters.

We hold ridiculous double standards for disc selection. Pros should use whatever they're handed and win worlds, but we mere amateurs claim to be able to tell the difference between an Aviar from 1997 and an Aviar from 2006.

This has nothing to do with skills.

If the discs don't matter, then why on earth do all of the fanboys argue back and forth about which company is better? Why do we go through piles of putters before picking the one that "works for us?" Why do people seek out 10x Aviars, or specific runs of Wizards?

Because it matters.

We hold ridiculous double standards for disc selection. Pros should use whatever they're handed and win worlds, but we mere amateurs claim to be able to tell the difference between an Aviar from 1997 and an Aviar from 2006.

Because fan-boys spend a lot of time touching them-selves.

I like how people are trying to point to ONE big factor but could it be that various factors are in play, you know, like how life actually is?

#stopbeingsoDGCRDGCR

I would say that if Will's lack of top notch performances are due to having more dedication to his marriage, that he's a better man for that than if he was ignoring his wife to be worlds #1.... I really wouldn't "blame" this on his decreased performances but would rather call it more along the lines of him meeting his responsibility as a husband... just two cents from another married guy... plus even on a bad day Will could probably destroy most disc golfers :thmbup::popcorn:

Will has not peaked, he is one of the purest throwers in the game; both backhand and forehand. He'll get the putt worked out sooner or later.

Also, he is not married yet.

You seem to imply all putters are the same and I disagree.

No he's not, just that if you practice enough, you can make any/most putters work for you. Aim isn't saying that a Dx Aviar and a Wizard are the same, just that if you practice, you can adjust to the differences between the two.

Not to mention... his fiance/wife has basically been his caddy & social media manager for as long as I can remember.

I think she is pretty aware of his dedication to his job and what that means for their future together.

I think blaming the lack of KC Aviars actually makes more sense than blaming his relationship - but even that borders on absurdity. Its 100% mental. Will just doesn't seem to currently have that fire that he usually has when he's throwing good.

I think blaming the lack of KC Aviars actually makes more sense than blaming his relationship - but even that borders on absurdity. Its 100% mental. Will just doesn't seem to currently have that fire that he usually has when he's throwing good.

Yup, but it doesn't help your mental game to use a putter you are not confident in. Confidence is everything, especially in putting.

No he's not, just that if you practice enough, you can make any/most putters work for you. Aim isn't saying that a Dx Aviar and a Wizard are the same, just that if you practice, you can adjust to the differences between the two.
Some molds just don't mesh, it happens. I will agree that inside the circle, it could be negligible. But if you took McPro Aviars away from Paul and gave him a Discraft Challenger and said "Win worlds with this", he will struggle.

Nikko and Will are in the same boat. Neither is a great putter. They can both throw a disc as well as Ricky and Paul. But when you are consistently clanking putts on the rim, you aren't gonna be at the top of your game enough to compete against the best, on a consistent basis.

This is the straight truth here.

he is one of the purest throwers in the game; both backhand and forehand.

'Tis true. He has more controlled power with drivers than anyone else in the game.

Still scratching my head at how in the world he didn't even cash at the TN State Championships this last weekend. Shot 957, 953, 980. Ouch.

I hope he figures it out. Really nice guy and great person for the sport. That putt though. Every putt starts out with a push putt motion, screeches to a halt, and then tries to spin putt it with all wrist.

Last edited:
Nikko and Will are in the same boat. Neither is a great putter. They can both throw a disc as well as Ricky and Paul. But when you are consistently clanking putts on the rim, you aren't gonna be at the top of your game enough to compete against the best, on a consistent basis.
Nikko seems to be aware of his putting woes, he mentioned a week or so ago that he was looking to work on it. Hope to see them both in top form soon.

Some molds just don't mesh, it happens. I will agree that inside the circle, it could be negligible. But if you took McPro Aviars away from Paul and gave him a Discraft Challenger and said "Win worlds with this", he will struggle.

We are getting into the weeds here. Wills putting problems are 100% technical. His stroke is a total mess and he has no confidence. Neither of those 2 things have anything to do with disc selection.

Latest posts