• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

ah he is in a rut. if it matters to him he will get back to his old self. but his old self may not be good enough to keep up with paul and ricky. Id like to see another one or two golfers challenge the top. a two horse race is fun and all but...

I think he can. He can match distance shots, big annys, sidearms too. The unfortunate part is they may all be parking similar shots. But, will is missing putts inside the cirlce, where Ricky and Paul are banging them from way outside! That s the difference I see.

We'll compare again after the Beaver State Fling. It's a long, technical course which he has historically done good at.

How do we set the record straight? I thought Will was recently engaged yet several people continue to repeat the recently married excuse. Can a mod fix the thread title so that people stop repeating false info? Haha.

Has Will Schusterick married?

Lol. I love how the first bunch of posts in this thread blame his performance, with such certainty, on having just gotten married, the stress of going through the whole day of the wedding, honeymoon, etc. Then, finally, someone states correctly that he's not married. Then the posts blaming his performance on having just been married start up again. Reminds me of the time when someone on DGCR blamed Avery's drop in tournament performances on getting married and having a daughter, despite not being married and having a son. Smdh.

Btw, since when does being married have anything to do with job performance? Steph Curry's married, he's pretty good at his job. Warren Buffet's married, he's done okay for himself.

Will's performances have dropped, to be sure. It's pro sports and pros grind and compete hard, it happens. I'd love to hear someone interview him on one of the pods. I used to hear him get interviewed a bunch on the podcast circuit, but haven't heard from him recently. If they could get him on the show, I'm sure Terry could get to the bottom of Will's recent slide.

Lol. I love how the first bunch of posts in this thread blame his performance, with such certainty, on having just gotten married, the stress of going through the whole day of the wedding, honeymoon, etc. Then, finally, someone states correctly that he's not married. Then the posts blaming his performance on having just been married start up again. Reminds me of the time when someone on DGCR blamed Avery's drop in tournament performances on getting married and having a daughter, despite not being married and having a son. Smdh.

Btw, since when does being married have anything to do with job performance? Steph Curry's married, he's pretty good at his job. Warren Buffet's married, he's done okay for himself.

Will's performances have dropped, to be sure. It's pro sports and pros grind and compete hard, it happens. I'd love to hear someone interview him on one of the pods. I used to hear him get interviewed a bunch on the podcast circuit, but haven't heard from him recently. If they could get him on the show, I'm sure Terry could get to the bottom of Will's recent slide.

I've got some comments from him coming tomorrow at UWDG. He definitely owned his struggles. I'll link here when it's up.

You know, I'd bet Will is deadly at the practice basket. and is working so hard on his mental game during tournament play that he can't relax and get the focus needed to just let it happen (i.e. "working on the mental game" itself causes mental problems).

You know, I'd bet Will is deadly at the practice basket. and is working so hard on his mental game during tournament play that he can't relax and get the focus needed to just let it happen (i.e. "working on the mental game" itself causes mental problems).

^^^100% true; that's the paradox of the mental game. The thing is, Will has obviously had it on lock in the past, so there's no reason why he can't get back to that.

Obligatory thx to the Mods :hfive: the page count in this thread was entirely too high.

Will's fall off represents the extra time and energy he's put into the wedding and honeymoon.

Once he settles down from that he'll be back on top.

Will's fall off represents the extra time and energy he's put into the wedding and honeymoon.

Oh give me a break! He's been falling off long before said wedding plan.

I'm showing my age, I don't recall the exact date when men became pansies because they're getting married. Any one have a copy of that memo?:p

9c60eb19-4388-40da-a0eb-d983742373fe_text.gif

I think its also been noted in here that HE ISN'T EVEN MARRIED YET.

Yes. Planning a wedding takes time and energy. I'm guessing the future-wife is most likely taking care of the details.

He is much better player than I'll ever be, so me offerignore suggestions is kinda dumb, but I know for me, the longer I think about it the worse my putt.

I think his putting style is imperfect and he would do well to adopt a new one.

He's literally had three different putting styles in recent memory...I don't think he's going to figure out honestly. What I wouldn't give to have as smooth of a drive as him though...

Alrighty, but the math suggests he could have been 1050+ rated if he didn't switch.

I get it. You're saying "his rating suffered" because you've equated that to "not achieving a higher rating" while at the same time maintaining the same rating."

That was part of my point. Despite the obvious regression of the other players of the same caliber, Rick was still young and improving enough to not see the same statistical regression as his peers.

Which is the biggest support of my contradiction to your next point.

Sorry chief... Will's rating(1044) was actually higher than Rick's(1041) just before the switch. Lieviska was hovering at 1040 just before switching as well.

So then,... while others who switched to the same company had their ratings go down, Ricky, with the exact same choices/options maintained the same. I don't see that as a rating suffering either.

The Lat64 transition is a totally different situation, they actually had a full line up of discs.

Will is 2 1/2 years in. By now both companies have considerable lineups.

Which is the biggest support of my contradiction to your next point.

So then,... while others who switched to the same company had their ratings go down, Ricky, with the exact same choices/options maintained the same. I don't see that as a rating suffering either.
The other players also rarely throw FH except for Uli. Only need half as many discs when you can throw hyzer bombs either direction.

Will is 2 1/2 years in. By now both companies have considerable lineups.
Prodigy has 28 discs, which is less than half the 61 discs Trilogy has.