• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you get 500+ throws??????

Wich disc is best for flat distance speed drives around 300-500ft ?

• Total voters
Double S turn? Are you using an Epic? You could probably get a dozen s turns with that ridiculous disc if you wanted.

My only point about gravity was that it isn't strong enough to accelerate a disc to the point that it goes from fading to turning over unless you throw it off a cliff. I don't know why y'all got to arguing about the relative effects of gravity on different objects. The point I'm making is more about the time and distance that the disc would have to accelerate back to turnover speed before it hits the ground. And even if you could throw it that high on a flat field, you'd have to throw it so high that you'd lost most of the distance on your throw. It would be more of a trick shot than a usable drive.

Throw with 2 fingers.................not even kidding....some of the biggest throwers you know only use 2-3 fingers.

Throw with 2 fingers.................not even kidding....some of the biggest throwers you know only use 2-3 fingers.

Really? backhand?

I throw with 2 fingers but was getting ready to work the full power grip back in.

Kallstrom, Brinster, Bratten, Coda, and A lot more players throw that way. Allows less friction on release and Robbie says it helps get more snap as well...he also tries to throw mids like this but I wouldn't advise that.

Thats why I started using 2 fingers. I noticed when tossing that it came off with a lot less wobble that way. I think I will stick with it for now.

I use only 3 fingers for my drives, and on my approachs I only use two fingers. Using only 2 fingers to approach with, puts the disc on a slight hyzer line, and the disc just floats in.

Yeah but I cant remember the last time I had grip-lock either though with just 2 fingers.

I use only 3 fingers for my drives, and on my approachs I only use two fingers. Using only 2 fingers to approach with, puts the disc on a slight hyzer line, and the disc just floats in.

You could also just throw it normal with smooth form and a decent hyzer......

Def not a fan of having too many grips. I use a power 30% of the time (on real long shots and hyzers) and a fork grip on everything else for more flightplate control.

I don't specifically say "Well I'm driving now I'm going to use three fingers" or "I'm approaching so I'll use two this time" but I have found that there are times I've used variations and a lot of the time I do drive with two finger grip and I've thrown just as well (or just a lousy) using them than I do with a full power grip.

Throw the NUKE.........see Nuke thread for explanation.

Also the worst final 9's are just like the one boogs mentioned...............long and boring as hell with no scoring spread (everyone shoots within 3 strokes unless they blow it). I'm more into the 350-400ft tight holes where birdies and bogeys occur regularly.

despite being young and anti-pdga (jk) scooter knows of what he speaks.

I will be Pro PDGA if they ever take steps to support the one event they put their name on..........Worlds....giving $5,000 or even $10,000(combined) isn't sponsorship when you take half the profit when the tournament is through.

Bottom line if you ask any of the top guys about Worlds payout ............they pretty much all agree that something needs to be done to boost the event which has been losing MPO players for years.

........ok i'm done.

I will be Pro PDGA if they ever take steps to support the one event they put their name on..........Worlds....giving $5,000 or even $10,000(combined) isn't sponsorship when you take half the profit when the tournament is through.

Bottom line if you ask any of the top guys about Worlds payout ............they pretty much all agree that something needs to be done to boost the event which has been losing MPO players for years.

........ok i'm done.

Nah you could always go into how the locations DG clubs who have supported the World's event always has its treasury gutted and all they get is told to MODIFY their courses.

I know I know the PDGA is a needed evil but well this is another thread I will shut up now.

I liked the physics lesson but the ticket to the long drive is turning over something stable, I drive 350' on a good day if the moons in alignment with the stars.... and I can make that turnover shot if it's on a DOWNHILL with my beat up light surge, theres no way I can turn something stiff up in the air like that with the added wind pressure on the bottom of the disc.

You guys must be able to let out a Leopard or Avenger SS, even a Crush on a hyzer downhill and have it pop all the way over so it's turnin anhyzer and then you just wait for the stability to get it back the regular way. If I had a monster arm I bet you could apply the same flight characteristic high in the air where you can really get some glide.

A good distance practise thing should be that you would throw with drivers, to overstable for you to master but in time you will turn them over like paper plates in the wind.
For Example....If you can throw a monster or predator 200-250ft then you should try to find a way to throw it longer maybe around 300ft.
In the beginning the Orc felt like the most overstable driver out there for me but now i can turn over my XCaliber and my Boss like if they were a midrange or something.

A good distance practise thing should be that you would throw with drivers, to overstable for you to master but in time you will turn them over like paper plates in the wind.
For Example....If you can throw a monster or predator 200-250ft then you should try to find a way to throw it longer maybe around 300ft.
In the beginning the Orc felt like the most overstable driver out there for me but now i can turn over my XCaliber and my Boss like if they were a midrange or something.

it´s just like weight lifting, the more you do it the easier it will get. But this is more likely for them who wants to get more into distance instead of being able to throw some 350ft floater shots.
You don´t need big power to force a overstable monster disc over you only need a SMOOTH form and technique.

Throwing more overstable discs only makes you throw with more SPEED which is exactly the thing you need to be able to bomb those disc out there.

Latest posts