• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far are you from a course/field?

How far are you from a DG course

• Total voters
down the street from bradford in huntersville, NC. it was one of the courses that they used for the worlds. i feel pretty lucky

Well, the good news is the results are heavily weighted towards less than a 30 minute drive. However, it may take longer for the results of those using a dial up internet connection to register, and that could change things.

I've got a 5 minute walk or drive to the two fields I practice at. 20 minutes to a course, either from home or work (different courses).

Close enough that some really bad shots that miss the mando, can hit my house.

2 hours to Turtle Rock in the Summer. 2 hours and 10 minutes in the Winter. I don't count the object course that I designed in town. On the plus side, skiing is only 5 minutes away.

1 1/2 miles to 36 holes used for Worlds in 2008. Another 10-15 courses within a 30 minute drive...then probably another 10-15 within an hour drive.

It's really cool seeing the sport starting to actually become popular in my area. There used to be one mediocre 9 hole in town. Now, there's an 18 hole course, a pro is building a third course, and the mediocre 9 hole will be made into an 18 hole soon. Also, there's some pretty decent courses within an hour's drive.

When I finish moving to Columbus in three weeks, my closest practice field will take me as long as it does to get up in the morning get some tea/coffee and walk out into the front yard which is ~350 feet with a tunnel of trees and a practice basket. :p Tailwinds and Headwinds depending on which way I'm throwing and crosswinds during certain times.

Ok field isnt to hard to find its about 5 min away but as far as a course. I am an hour+ drive away from the nearest course currently. however that will change soon. My return to Mecca is close.

I have a 9 hole - "soon to be 18 this spring" hole course at my house. It is on roughly 6 acres. Other than that it is at least a half hour drive to anything and 45 minutes to anything really good. (Elk Creek)

I'm about a 15 minute drive from the closest course (Centennial in Waukee), but I have Walnut Ridge, Ewing and Grandview at 20-30 minutes, and Big Creek and Pickard at a little over 30 minutes. Granted, just about everyone in the Des Moines Metro has a very similar setup.

There's sort of a field in the neighborhood, but there are a lot of houses close by so I'm not sure how good it would be for practice. There are plenty of fields around so you don't have to drive more than 5-10 minutes to get to one. I could probably use the one at the elementary near by and walk there in 15 minutes.

I have a practice field and a nine hole within a 5-10 minute walk form both home and work. 2 additional 18 hole courses less than 5 minutes in the car. Makes it pretty easy to get out and throw just about every day.

7 miles but i dont like that course so i usually travel 17 miles

I live within a 30 minute drive of a couple of 3-3.5 disc courses, but one of those also happens to be within a 5 minute drive from work, so if I'm quick, I can get a full round in during my lunch break. In Metro Atlanta, the courses are spread out pretty widely, reflecting the sprawling nature of the suburbs, but as long as it's not during the rush hours, I can get to something like a dozen courses within an hour's drive on highways, so there's enough variety around to keep me from getting bored with any one course. And while I don't have the easy access to Flyboy like Connor can boast of, when I do get the the opportunity to schedule a round there, I'm close enough to make a day trip of it. :thmbup:

about 1.7 miles to the only disc golf course for about 45 miles and about 1/8th of a mile to a decent sized field.

I have a 15 minute drive to the 2 closest courses to me, but I have a practice field less than a block from my house that's 600'+ in any direction.

IF YOU DON'T LIVE WITHIN 25 MINUTES OF A DISC GOLF COURSE, IT'S TIME TO MOVE.

Or get a really good proposal going for your parks and rec department. OR buy some baskets and put them on some land.

Latest posts