• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far are you from a course/field?

How far are you from a DG course

• Total voters
I'll be visiting family in the Cities this weekend, and they live a mile or two from Kaposia or the one in Cottage Grove - I'll bring a bag to play on my way out of town :)

Nice! Sunday/Monday we will be out for sure.. Lets hit something up. PM me for my cell if you want! We are right by Lakewood/Acorn and always willing to travel so holler-- just hit up KP last week was pretty good, maybe oakwood?

Nice! Sunday/Monday we will be out for sure.. Lets hit something up. PM me for my cell if you want! We are right by Lakewood/Acorn and always willing to travel so holler-- just hit up KP last week was pretty good, maybe oakwood?

Is that the one in Cottage Grove? Looks kind of nice there.

I chose < 15 minute walk, but that's only in the winter cause there's a 9 holer right next to my neighborhood but it's only up from October to the beginning of March. The next closest one is Eagle Island which is about a 10 minute drive and that one is open year round. But figured I'd live in the "now" and choose less than a 15 minute walk Haha

about 35 minutes to Yucaipa for me. Makes it difficult to go during the week because I can't just pop in for a few holes like back in my hometown of Toledo, OH. Damn weird work schedule.

More than once I've put the bag in the back, jumped in and started the car, and stared at the dash trying to decide where to go play. Truly, an embarrasment of riches here.

I know that feeling. My biggest problem is that I'm not super duper close to any of them, although Renny's only about 10 minutes away.

Pretty rough living here in central Iowa. A course <5 min drive from my place and another <10 min drive. I have 17 course within 25 miles of me and 45 within 50 miles of me. Never a problem to go out on a nice day and play a different course.

I just did an advanced search with my zip code.. I have over 40 courses that I can hit up within 50 miles of my house :) (Only 17 are worth playing though lol)

I have two parks near me 1 is about a 5min drive the other is close to 15min. I then I have 30min to whitehall (my favorite local course to play) and 1 hour to Flipcity.

I think Bill from flip needs to comment and make everyone envious of him :). "I live at the #2 course in the country"- Bill McKenzie.

I'm a 3-4 minute walk to the High School practice fields, a 10-15 minute drive to a Steady Ed designed 18 hole course, and a 30-60 minute drive gets me to as many as 30 courses, including three listed in the top 50. :D

Just looked at the map on this site and within a 50 mile radius from my house are 68 courses of which 30 are rated 3 or higher. I live just north of Charlotte and can drive to Bradford in 2 minutes, and Hornet's Nest, Nevin's, R.L. Smith, Brackett's Bluff, Bailey are 15 minutes or less.

Trip time from home to my local courses:

Kilborne 7 minutes
Eastway 12 minutes
Sugah 14 minutes
Nevin 14 minutes
Renny 16 minutes
RL Smith 17 minutes
Scrapyard 17 minutes
Reedy Creek 21 minutes
Bradford 29 minutes
Elon 30 minutes
Winthrop 36 minutes

Work (Lunchtime):

Kings Mountain HS 8 minutes
Rankin Lake 13 minutes

I live in the southern part of the Twin Cities and I'm about a 5 min drive away from the nearest course and just a little further from many many others. Within 30 miles there are plenty of courses to hit up.

I'm a 3-4 minute walk to the High School practice fields, a 10-15 minute drive to a Steady Ed designed 18 hole course, and a 30-60 minute drive gets me to as many as 30 courses, including three listed in the top 50. :D
Quit bragging Jeff

Just moved ...

And the first thing said to me as i left was " you better get a course in down there !".

Well , the fenced in , artificial grass ( not turf ) lit soccer field across the street was frequented almost daily .

Then the wife found out they plan on building a new park with a course 2 blocks down the street ! Cool , gotta get involved in that !

Then I found out the locals have an 18 hole target (signs, etc.) course on the go!
That's cool , but I really liked the open old growth forest that a few holes went through . So I wondered around the forest and found some more old growth and started setting up the Tonals I had built . Now I have 9 Tonals set up and everyone LOVES them ! And now there are 27 holes !

BUT now that I've played my add-ons a few times , I have figured out that 2 of my holes that follow an old logging road that ends right right at the parking area ! Losing sleep trying to figure out how to get my 9 holes to work in reverse!

So instead of moving to nothing , I feel like I'm even more in the middle of a new scene !

But I still can't imagine living in any one of the DG hot beds of America ! Wow you guys are lucky ! :clap:

Out my back door to my back yard is 300 feet from back porch to fence

Less then 5 min drive to a field

Ad anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour plus get me to 20 plus course 4 in the top 50