• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far have you thrown in one day?

Most holes in one day for me was 109, so I assume that is my longest distance day also.
West TN course bagging: Muse Park twice, Milan, McKenzie, Huggins, Volunteer Ridge, Harrison Rd.
Total distance was 30,094 feet! (5.7 miles)
I had planned for another 18 more at Grove Creek, but course was temporarily closed that day.
I've never thought of that day in distance before. Wow!
And then the next day I played 54 more holes for 16,322 more feet.

Other memorable long days I have done:
all 4 Lemon Lake courses- Red, Blue, White and Silver (not Gold)
Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Boone Woods
the 3 IDGC courses
Mason County, MI- Leviathan, Beauty, Beast trio

24,206 over 72 holes.

2010 US Masters, my division played Jackson and Warner the same day. Ate supper and drank a couple of beers and fell asleep after two more beers when we got back to the campsite. The most dehydrated I have ever been at a tournament was the next day when we played the Ed.

Only about 20,000. Sigh.

Just guessing at 4 18-hole courses I played once -- a long time ago -- back when courses were sparse and driving time ate into the single day possibilities.

Or the 2-round tournament day on a 10,000-foot course.

Alas, even those meager totals are out of reach for my old self, these days.

I played The Woodshed and Whippin' Post twice in one day. Which according to my math is 31,470'. It seems much much longer than that. We started at 6am and finished around 8pm.

It ain't called it the Mountain State for nothin.

The best I can figure is 40471' in East Texas:

Coleman Park 5628
Selah Ranch - Creekside 9176
Selah Ranch - Lakeside 8854
Trey Texas Ranch - Texas Twist 8833
Trey Texas Ranch - Trey Deuce 7980

7.66 miles

Last edited:
I don't ever want to play more than about 15,000 feet in a day, which comes out to about 36-54 holes.

Oops. Wrong thread. :eek:

Last edited:
I have no idea but the most holes I have played in a day is 144 in Waco. I have played over a 100 many times in a day. Just played 90 today but distance probably only around 17k

This may not necessarily be the most distance I've thrown in a day, but it's probs in my top 3 or so.
Day 1 of my St. Louis trip in 2014:
Foundation 9: 4039
Foundation 18: 7776
Jefferson Barracks: 5672
Willmore: 6806
Crystal City: 4410
Total 28703 (5.4 miles)

Total could be off a bit due due to pin placement at Found Champ 18, but it probably reasonably close.
Honestly though, playing really hilly courses takes more out of me than playing longer courses.

The best I can figure is 40471' in East Texas:

Coleman Park 5628
Selah Ranch - Creekside 9176
Selah Ranch - Lakeside 8854
Trey Texas Ranch - Texas Twist 8833
Trey Texas Ranch - Trey Deuce 7980

7.66 miles

That's a haul, especially considering that soft, sandy soil at Trey Texas! Did you rent a cart at Selah, I hope?

I've played 4 courses at Highbridge in a day, followed by multiple rounds of Chestnut glow. That's probably the most distance wise.

I played over 100 holes in Stevens point, WI rapids and Marshfield last year.

BRP twice and Visionquest twice in a day.

The toughest though was Knob hill, Deer lakes and the 2 NoBo courses last fall. Especially NoBo as the last one.

I've played 4 courses at Highbridge in a day, followed by multiple rounds of Chestnut glow. That's probably the most distance wise.

I played over 100 holes in Stevens point, WI rapids and Marshfield last year.

BRP twice and Visionquest twice in a day.

The toughest though was Knob hill, Deer lakes and the 2 NoBo courses last fall. Especially NoBo as the last one.

NoBo is no joke.... but that Learn to Play course probably doesn't total up to one of the big course's long holes.

Some of you guys are crazy. I don't think I've ever played more than four courses in a day, with my longest being ~27,000 ft in Finland in September 2019 - made possible by cool temps and lots of time between rounds.

This is far from the most holes I've played in a day, but it was the longest day trip.

6/9/18. 567 miles. Five courses. 102 holes. 4 states. 38,550 feet.

Runner up is 8/15/20. 450 miles. 9 courses. 109 holes.

The one day, 5 course, 90-hole trips have become chump change.

I've discovered three more 30,000+ foot days. One of these was the day after - 6/10/18. 7 more courses. Three more states. 32,741 feet.

On an aside, I'm realizing it's virtually impossible to get an exact distance. I couldn't tell what the course length was for the IDGC in August '14 for example when I played the 3 courses. That day was followed by four more courses, then an additional 5 the day after.