• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own?!

How many discs do you own?

• 0-25 (Just enough for my bag)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • 25-50 (I got backups yo)

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • 50-100 (I got backups...for my backups)

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • 100+ (I got 99 problems and a disc ain't one)

Votes: 70 46.1%

• Total voters
DiscnFiend!!! That is awesome! How do you afford all that?! Is your last name Buffet, Trump, or Gates! I showed my wife that photo and I am waaayyyy off the hook for my 120. Thanks man!!

about 60ish. About 30 are discs that I tried and will never use. I guess I should give sell or trade.

Wow, there are some pretty high disc counts on here. I have a question for the guys with a bizzillion back ups. Do you order a boat load of your favorite discs all at once or are these bit by bit accumulations?

Wow, there are some pretty high disc counts on here. I have a question for the guys with a bizzillion back ups. Do you order a boat load of your favorite discs all at once or are these bit by bit accumulations?
I've had about the same count for the last 14 years i.e. what comes in replaces what goes out. What was different before when the number was building (and I think this is usually the deal) was that I got engaged 14 years ago. Huge disc collections are generally a single man's game.

When I was single I tried all the new discs and bought them in three's-one to throw and two back-ups. If I liked the disc I would right away get two more back ups and put three total in my bag to throw. In fairly short order I'd get two more back-ups. So discs I tried that I didn't really like I would have three of and discs that made my bag I would have seven of. When I went to events I would pick up the stuff I really loved (Aviars, Rocs, Cyclones) and they would be added to the hoard pile. I had 20+ of those three molds after four years of playing seriously.

The other thing was trades. I'd buy three Gators and know right away that it wasn't my thing. Those three discs didn't go anywhere. I didn't trade them to get something else. Once I bought something, it was mine. I was very content to let discs sit. When I needed discs to throw, I spent more money. Other than losing discs and discs that got worn out, my number only went up.

Then I got married, my wife discovered ebay and the number starting going down. :(

i got to know out of 2734 discs, what is your favorite one?
Champion Teebird by far. I carry four in my bag at all times. Three of them are for backhand/sidearm & one is just for thumber/tomahawk. The three backhand/sidearm Teebirds are all beat into various levels of stability. My favorite Teebird is a Champion 11x that is beat up perfectly. If I throw it flat it will fly dead straight & only fade maybe 5' at the end of the flight at around 400-425'. I have never found a disc that can do this besides a beat up Teebird. I'm not saying its just 11x Teebirds that can do this, thats just what I ended up using for this shot.
DiscnFiend!!! That is awesome! How do you afford all that?! Is your last name Buffet, Trump, or Gates! I showed my wife that photo and I am waaayyyy off the hook for my 120. Thanks man!!
I'm not rich by any means its just been years of collecting. I started playing disc golf when I was in my toddlers (just walking & carelessly chucking a disc with my family) & started collecting in middle school. I used money I got from shoveling snow & mowing lawns & spent it all on discs. Since then (I'm 18) I've spent a good chunk of any money I've gotten from working on discs. Around 75% of my discs I bought or I won at a tourney/league. Around 25% of them are discs I found. I've never really went out looking for discs I just kind them on the course or in the water when I'm looking for one of mine I threw in the drink. I disc recklessly so I guess I just end up in places where people lose discs a lot. I've always believed in calling peoples numbers if they're on a disc & like when people do the same. When I called a lot of the original owners they told me to just keep the disc or a lot of times when I would meet up with them to give it back they would give me money or other discs. All the money I got just went to buying more discs. As of the end of last summer I had multiples of every Innova disc in production in every plastic & a decent amount of OOP discs. I'd say my collecting is 70% Innova & the other 30% is a little bit of every other company.
I only buy a lot of backups of my favorite molds & plastics. I don't however buy 50+ discs at a time. I buy a majority of my discs in person, so I just go to local shops. They only discs I stock up on are Aviars, KC/DX Rocs, CE/Champion Leopards, Champion Teebirds, Champion Firebirds & Star Destroyers. I will go through stacks of these discs at a disc shop & all the ones I like I buy. It really depends on how many I like, It could be 2 or 30 discs. Just doing that has gotten me between 75 & 150 of each of those molds in those plastics. The rest of my disc collecting is 5+ discs of every Innova mold in every plastic & a little bit of everything from other companies.

I've got about 100 discs in boxes at my house. Most of those are new unthrown backups of the molds i bag. When i find a certain run of a disc i really like i'll buy like four or five of them and stash them in a box until there called up for duty. The only thing is i rarely lose discs and i've had the same discs in my bag for almost three years now.

2734 discs? Wow! Eight months in, I own 26 and get called an addict by some of my friends. Lol.

Around 200. 20 or so are hanging on the Wall. I carry about 15 in my bag. I have about a dozen backups for the the throwers. There are probably 20 or so that I like, and experiment with. And the rest are collecting dust.

Well kudos DiscinFiend, you seem like an industrious young man with a hunger for the game you love. Well done sir!!

Over 2000, I only put the discs I carry in my bag on the disc organizer...though if I took the time to enter them all I could get some achievements. I have a room dedicated to just disc golf, it has homemade shelves around the room. I also have the walls of my bedroom & part of my "disc room" covered in OOP, Cool Dyed, Tourney & Ace Discs.
Sorry for the large picture
969421_704866792856936_1830604158_n.jpg

I have 1/100 the amount of discs you have... I feel less addicted now

wtf.. some people have a problem. Disc Hoarders Exposed reality show anyone?

Myself, i have about 22 discs in the bag, and keep 1-3 backups for each one at home.. except the Ion, i have about 12 of those.

All together, around 75-80 discs.

Anytime i get up to a 100 i start giving discs away to friends, donating to league CTP, beginners, or selling them here on the marketplace.

More each week it seems. I can't stop. I have 72 now, most of which are experimental throwers I was curious about. 20 are in my bag. Some may still make the bag, and others I hang onto for newb friends. Still others are for when I "grow into them". A few are backups and four are practice putters identical to my main putting putter.

counted.. 102. I have some im getting rid of though.. check my sig ;)

I have around thirty. I carry 15-18, 10 of which I actually throw. The rest of my bag are practice discs.