• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much have you spent on discs?

How much have you spent on discs?

• $0 - $25

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $25 - $75

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $75 - $250

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • $1000 - $2000

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • More than $2000

Votes: 75 38.7%

• Total voters

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Ok, disc golf is fun. And a big advantage is that it doesn't break the bank. BUT I've come to realize that I've spent more than I'd like to admit on discs, not including other gear, travel expenses, etc.

What about you? What's a ballpark for how much you've spent on disc golf discs?

(Answers are anonymous, and it was a little tricky to know what numbers to use as cutoffs...)

Last edited:
I've spent about 225 to 250 in disc alone. But unlike sports like basketball and football. You have to try different discs to find out which ones suit you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

I'm afraid (and ashamed) to think about how much I've spent, but it's considerably more than $2000.

On discs alone I've spent...probably around $1,500 total.

I'm sure that some of our bigger addicts have blown over $10K.

It was the "post your new purchases" thread that inspired this. Maybe I should have made another "$2000 - $5000" category. Disc golf is so dang affordable, and yet... oh how we love buying plastic. I'm wondering how many on DGCR are in the <$250 category.

I can tell you that all of our regular posters have spent well over $250 on discs. That's just what you put into a full backpack style bag. And that's not including the trunk strewn with randoms, and the stacks of backups at home.

That's really hard to guess. I have owned, at one time or another, at least 400 discs, which would be well over 4K, but so many of those were either in player packs, or bought with tourney winnings (not real $). For a while I was making $50+ orders from Mst monthly...and I also bought like $300 worth of Vibram glow one year. I would guess about 3K. Over 8 years that doesn't seem that expensive. Add in travel and tournaments and bags and all that and it looks a bit worse.

Actually spent on disc purchases? Not all that much after my first year, but... I'm neurotic enough to have kept a little 'accounting' of purchases and tourney fees (not gas or meals, but occasionally the odd hotel night here or there) made in the 5.5 years I've been playing. I subtracted discs sold (net: which ain't much) and cash winnings, and am running at about $2700. I do have an inventory of bags & discs, etc., but that's not the question here...

So for a health club membership, and a great hobby, I've spent about $40 a month. Not bad.

What gets me is the surprising frequency of wearing out shoes!

I've spent between $600 and $700 on discs alone. Adding in bags, fees for play/tournament, disc-golf related apparel, gift cards for my playing partners for Christmas, and all other disc-golf related paraphernalia, I could easily double that number. The amount of fun I've had in the 15 or so months I've been playing cannot be quantified in numbers though; suffice to say it's been worth every penny and more!

the cost of the discs that I actually bag isn't horrible. but I bought a bunch of discs I never throw to find out what discs I should actually bag.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

is this annual? i spent 50$ just this week, i have moved from just buying disc to buy them and have actually started buying "art" so to speak. i am a sucker for a cool stamp and love me some limited run stuff. Also wizards, i can't stop buying wizards.

I'm glad that the top bracket just leaves it at >$2000 so that I don't have to do the math.

This is what happens when they give people like me money.

I started last July. Let's see...over $725 (estimated) in discs, which now include backups and discs I no longer throw. Bags: $75. Two tournaments: $75. Shoes: $130. Practice basket: $145. Machete for a particularly brutal local course: $25. Misc (mini) items: clip-on towels, mini clipboards, mini discs ~$25. That totals about $1200. Not bad for an inexpensive sport...

Latest posts