• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I thought losing discs was bad...

giddyup

Par Member
Lat night was the first cold weather round of the fall here in mid-MO. I've also lost about 40 lbs. this past summer. So, between the cold weather and the weight loss, my wedding ring fell off somewhere on the course.

My hands were pretty cold so I didn't even feel it was gone until the 14the hole, so it could be anywhere.

Anyone else ever loose something way more valuable (monetarily or sentimentally) than a disc of the course?

Are you saying "loose" instead of "lose" as a joke?

Yes, i'm that guy..

But anyway, yes, i lost my cell phone during this past winter. Printed out a pic of it.. posted it on the board at my home course.. I didn't really want the phone back per say, since i knew it wouldn't be operational anymore.. it had some... pictures on it... that I did not want in the wrong hands..

Long story short: I got it back about a month later, was playing a round when a guy says "hey i found a cell phone over here!"

Best part: freaking phone still worked.

I totally dropped my phone and wallet at Alexander during my approach on hole 5, realized it at the next tee, ran back and they were both laying in the dirt. *whew*

Are you saying "loose" instead of "lose" as a joke?

Yes, i'm that guy..

But anyway, yes, i lost my cell phone during this past winter. Printed out a pic of it.. posted it on the board at my home course.. I didn't really want the phone back per say, since i knew it wouldn't be operational anymore.. it had some... pictures on it... that I did not want in the wrong hands..

Long story short: I got it back about a month later, was playing a round when a guy says "hey i found a cell phone over here!"

Best part: freaking phone still worked.

I wish I was that clever.

Lost my pride on hole 4 at North Valley. Hit a tree about 10 feet in front of the teepad with 8 people watching. The disc stopped 3 feet to the right of me.

Lost my wallet and car keys at Joshua Franklin @ Chehaw a couple weeks ago,realized it after the round,mentally backtracked my shots and remembered my bag tipping over,found them both in the dirt,thank god.

I once had a guy who was metal detecting walk up to me and tried to grab my wedding ring right off my finger! That was at Edmund Orgil in Millington, hole 8.

Lost the rental car keys and had a flight out of town in 3.5 hours, from an airport that was a 2.5 hour drive away. I had to run back 14 holes before I luckily found them.

Lat night was the first cold weather round of the fall here in mid-MO. I've also lost about 40 lbs. this past summer. So, between the cold weather and the weight loss, my wedding ring fell off somewhere on the course.

My hands were pretty cold so I didn't even feel it was gone until the 14the hole, so it could be anywhere.

Anyone else ever loose something way more valuable (monetarily or sentimentally) than a disc of the course?

This actually happend to me once too. I was freaking out and couldn't find it anywhere. After a couple of hours of searching I gave up, put on my gloves, and there it was....in my glove! After that, I never wore it while playing ever again.

lost my iphone on hole 8 @ madison meadows while trying to finish playing in the dark. Around hole 14, My friend realized he lost one of the discs I let him borrow and that made me realize my phone was missing!

Worst part about it, my phone was on vibrate!!!

After retracing my exact steps... and calling and calling it... eventually found it right by the teepad!

After the first round at the Top of Texas Open this year someone turned in a cell phone found on the course. The nice lady who took it to hold checked the phone for info about the owner and saw a pot leaf for the screen saver (or some such picture). She also called the number listed as "Mom" on the phone and explained to the person about the lost phone, and if she could contact her "son", he could come get the phone. When the kid came to tourney HQ asking about a lost phone, the nice lady asked him to describe the screensaver picture and he could have the phone. Needless to say, he was very reluctant to describe what he knew was going to get him in trouble.:doh:

This actually happend to me once too. I was freaking out and couldn't find it anywhere. After a couple of hours of searching I gave up, put on my gloves, and there it was....in my glove! After that, I never wore it while playing ever again.

That's my new plan!

My friend lost his wedding ring while throwing a rock in a tree to get a disc down. The rock caught the ring and pulled it off. He used a metal detector to try to find it, but had no such luck. So now when I lose another disc, I can at least say its not as bad as losing my wedding ring.

I carry an extra battery for my camera on long days, and I dropped it while playing Sunset Park in Vegas. I realized it about 12 holes into the course, and retraced my steps all the way back to the first tee. Luckily a guy hanging out there had seen it and picked it up, those things are expensive!

I hope you find it... I lost a arrowhead pendant (Montana Agate) while doing freestyle disc with my dog last summer... I was on the field looking and a guy came up and said he thought he seen me drop something and pointed towards the area I was at... He helped me find it.. I made him an arrowhead pendant for helping me look and find it.. It was more sentimental than anything..

Lost my phone by the gold pin of 3 at Renaissance Gold in Charlotte. Didn't know that's where it fell out of my bag. Didn't even realize it was missing until after the tournament (I just assumed I left it in the car when I couldn't find it during the round).

Prey saved me. If you guys with smart phones don't have this yet, I strongly recommend it. Actually I had to use it again about a month ago. Once enabled you can remotely turn on the GPS on the phone so you can see exactly where it is (if it's outside and the battery isn't dead yet), you can also set it to sound an alarm. The GPS is enough for me, since I don't want the phone making noise in the middle of a field without me being there to pick it up. http://preyproject.com/

As for the ring, as someone already suggested, you can always either get a metal detector or find someone with one. There is a high school kid around one of my home courses that is always either wading through the river looking for plastic or walking up and down the park with a metal detector looking for ....metal, I guess.

I lost my 9 year old on the course once...j/k...she was hiding behind a tree she freaked me out!! Urg.