• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I thought losing discs was bad...

Was playing a night round alone and threw a floating light up disc in the middle of a pond. The only flashlight I had was on my keyring and after looking around the edge for a safe entry into the pond I gave up and in my frustration tossed my keys on the ground next to my bag and took my shot. I walked up to finish the hole and it dawned on my that I just left my car keys on the ground in the dark with no light to find them with. I crawled around on my hands and knees for 2 hours before I found them. My knees didn't heal for a month. It was a bummer.

I've lost 2 phones, 1 at a tournament that was not returned, and 1 at the home course which was found about a half our after I got off the course.

i know a guy who lost his wedding ring and he went back everyday for about a week. 2hours at a time and finally found it. he threw a rare lefty shot and knew where he lost it. so basically i think the metal detector and more people searching is the best option.

Cost pizza and beer keep 4 people drunk and eating on the holes you lost the ring and just keep them circling the area playing/searching when not throwing. worst thing is you lose another 40 bucks and have some fun. best thing is you find the ring.

might work out.

Having myself lost a substantial amount of weight, my ring has become loose. I also throw righty and lefty, so it can be quite dangerous. I found that if I switch it to the next biggest finger, it's fine. :)

Last edited:
This reminds me of a story awhile back on here. A guy threw one of his fave discs in a pond and decided he couldn't live without it, so he goes diving for it. I think he found the disc but lost his wedding ring in the process! The last I remember, he hadn't located the lost ring.

I lost my iPhone at Sun Valley DGC, it was returned to the bolf pro shop.

In addition to two discs, I lost the map at Diamond X and if anybody has ever played there, you KNOW I went back and had to look for it (found it!).

There are three courses that have claimed beepers of mine. (Yes I still carry a beeper.)

I lost my wallet one time at McFarland park and did not realize it until I got home, which by that time it was dark. I went back the next day and tried to remember each shot I made and on hole #4 there it was, laying near the tee box. Got very lucky.

Lat night was the first cold weather round of the fall here in mid-MO. I've also lost about 40 lbs. this past summer. So, between the cold weather and the weight loss, my wedding ring fell off somewhere on the course.

My hands were pretty cold so I didn't even feel it was gone until the 14the hole, so it could be anywhere.

Anyone else ever loose something way more valuable (monetarily or sentimentally) than a disc of the course?

UGH! :gross:

Hope you find it.

There are three courses that have claimed beepers of mine. (Yes I still carry a beeper.)

totaly OT, but why ?

When your mobile rings, you just pick it up. When your beeper beeps, you have to get your mobile out and then call the guy.

Dont tell me you dont have a mobile.

totaly OT, but why ?

When your mobile rings, you just pick it up. When your beeper beeps, you have to get your mobile out and then call the guy.

Dont tell me you dont have a mobile.

A lot of doctors still have beepers, along with the white coat and stethoscope it lets everyone know how important they are and that they are better than normal people. (I am a scientist and I have worked in/near a couple of hospitals.

And as long as we're asking questions, did you really say "mobile?" Are you British?:)

As for the OP, I have never lost anything but I have found a grinder/keef box, it even still had some "valuables" in it.

Latest posts