• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] If you had a putter configurator....

geo_08

Double Eagle Member
So if there was such a thing as a putter configurator that let you choose between existing mold pieces, and plastics from all manufacturers. What would you use to build your dream putter, and what would the flight rating be?

For me, I would want a board flat top or slight puddle of a reko or chief series, add in a few spacers to give it a blunter taller edge, then throw on the wing of something like a pa3 wing with a good size bead. Make it out of a firm run of a pro like plastic, and I would be in heaven. I'd like to see ratings like 2,4,0,2.5 ish

Something with a nose shape like an Atom, but with a bit of a puddle top in softish plastic like BT Soft. Basically a middle point between an Atom and Swan2.

Fun question!

My dream putting putter would be a P2 with a Crown bead in Jawbreaker plastic.

I'd be happy with Fossil Flex Wizards with small shoulders.

The Link is my Go To putter for the last several months but I'd like a bit grittier plastic.

I'd be happy with Fossil Flex Wizards with small shoulders.

The Link is my Go To putter for the last several months but I'd like a bit grittier plastic.

Well yeah, hard to beat a good low shouldered wizard off the tee.

I think my all around putter (putting and putter drives) would be a cross between the judge and Reko. Shrink the bead on the Judge a bit but maintain the Judge nose shape (not super round/billet nose; keep the bevel), depth/feel (that 1.4 depth) of the Reko, and flat top (maybe a flat Envy is an easier description).

Flight right there with the Reko; maybe a little more true to the 0 turn (little more HSS).

Plastic a little more firm than Prime for putting. Lucid plastic that maintains the discs shape for driving.

Fun.

Hmm.

I love the Envy for a throwing putter but honestly don't care much for any of their plastics. Maybe just an Envy in something like soft P-line plastic?

As far as putting, I have been really liking the Roach but once again I'm not a huge fan of any of the plastics. So maybe a Roach in soft P-line?

Legacy already made it;)

Seriously though, I couldn't care less about hand feel. I find what flights I want and need.

Legacy already made it;)

Seriously though, I couldn't care less about hand feel. I find what flights I want and need.

What Legacy putter and plastic do you like? I haven't thrown any of their discs so I'm curious about their discs and plastic types.

I think my all around putter (putting and putter drives) would be a cross between the judge and Reko. Shrink the bead on the Judge a bit but maintain the Judge nose shape (not super round/billet nose; keep the bevel), depth/feel (that 1.4 depth) of the Reko, and flat top (maybe a flat Envy is an easier description).

Flight right there with the Reko; maybe a little more true to the 0 turn (little more HSS).

Plastic a little more firm than Prime for putting. Lucid plastic that maintains the discs shape for driving.

Fun.

I don't know what pieces I would need, but the feel of a Judge (particularly the outer rim as I put my finger on it similar to McBeth) but with the stability of a Deputy.

A reddish-brown with gold flecks brick. In the 6 to 7 pound range.
Wind? What wind?
Roll-a-ways? I don't think so!

A Rhyno that flies like a Judge inside the circle please.

So if there was such a thing as a putter configurator that let you choose between existing mold pieces, and plastics from all manufacturers. What would you use to build your dream putter, and what would the flight rating be?

For me, I would want a board flat top or slight puddle of a reko or chief series, add in a few spacers to give it a blunter taller edge, then throw on the wing of something like a pa3 wing with a good size bead. Make it out of a firm run of a pro like plastic, and I would be in heaven. I'd like to see ratings like 2,4,0,2.5 ish

Magnet Wing with Hydra Nose and top. Or a Magnet with a Challenger nose and top Whatever is closest to a Titanic nose shape but not as deep, more Magnet like average depth to the disc. It would be a 2|-1|2| or maybe even a 2|0|0 depending on what top it ends up with. Other then that a Magnet is about the best Putter I have tried. I have tried others and they do not work.

Another would be see if the Putt'r can be made in Pro D for a Stiffer plastic putter so the Soft X does not cause the concave and loss of nearly all the glide the mold has. Putt'r was an amazing putter when I tried it for a year, the mold did not work after the intial quick break in of the putter, the mold become concave at ~30 hits including chains of basket when the first quick stage of break in happened.

Last edited:

Latest posts