• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Info needed on two California courses! Any Help would be great...

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I am trying to make arrangements to play Shaffer Park in Santa Cruz, the 26 hole course because it looks awesome and super unique. Who has played it and what info can you give me?

http://chaaaching.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html?m=1

Ok, here is a tough one. Does anyone know about the disc golf course that existed at Tilden Park in Berkeley CA. I want to get info about it. I heard it was a hidden course back in the day with some of the first baskets or at least for that area. I just want to know what happened to it, designer or if any older members ever played it. Any info would be awesome.

The Berkeley course is not in place. I am still looking for a guide for Monterey though.

From what I've heard in Santa Cruz, Shaffer is only open a couple times a year: a yearly tournament and a practice weekend shortly before the tournament.

I figured the Tilden park course no longer was there from the late 70's, but I was told it was hidden and with 2,000 acres at Tilden regional park I can see why. I just wanted history on it and I know who the designers were, just no contact info or real history. Would be nice to know.

Shaffer Park should be pretty easy to get access to. I am pretty sure you can just drive in and ask to play. as I think the property is open to the public most of the time. A member of the family invited me to a BBQ at the park and I walked most of the course. There are some interesting holes for sure. When I was there a few months ago, it was pretty over grown (mainly weeds), and all the "baskets/targets" are home made, but it looked fun, also most of the holes were pretty short but interesting. I was all amped up to play it then I kind of forgot about it.

Recently there was an object 9 hole near Lake Anza at Tilden. It wasn't playable in the summer due to traffic on the trails it uses as fairways. It looked like a crappy course anyway.
Everytime I see an EBRPD ranger I tell them they need a course up in Tilden.
If you are in Berkeley come play Aquatic Park. It gets very mixed reviews but it is actully a fun and challenging course with low ceilings, tight fairways, wind and water hazards.
Many who bad mouth AP do so because they lost all their discs in the lake...

Recently there was an object 9 hole near Lake Anza at Tilden. It wasn't playable in the summer due to traffic on the trails it uses as fairways. It looked like a crappy course anyway.
Everytime I see an EBRPD ranger I tell them they need a course up in Tilden.
If you are in Berkeley come play Aquatic Park. It gets very mixed reviews but it is actully a fun and challenging course with low ceilings, tight fairways, wind and water hazards.
Many who bad mouth AP do so because they lost all their discs in the lake...

AP is pretty cool.

Nice video BENFTS.
Glad to see there are a few who appreciate AP. Looks pretty recent but many pins are moved including #18 at the #1 long position.
BTW it appears to be a foot faul on the first tee, look close. To make that shot you need to reach off the right edge of the pad, to do that you need to get to the very close to the tee pads edge. Sometimes the toes are off the front part of the pad, looks like it happened on that roller.
If you are coming out to AP drop me a lone. Also Weds weeklys at 5 until October then Sats at 1030.

Oh yea that's a total fault, I have seen the screen shot lol but hey the roller worked out. If I can make it out there soon Ill totally hit you up. We shot this after playing GGP back in March or Feb. I have wanted to play the monthly or weekly for some time now but just haven't had the time.

Latest posts