• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Lycan

I saw one yesterday... they for sure stole the Comet mold.. it's an exact replica.

Spent a couple hours throwing my new Lycan in the field today. Yes, it *looks* like a domey Coyote in the hand - they're almost identical. No, it is NOT a Coyote and doesn't fly like one. It's an awesome disc and one of the first Innova has released in awhile that is worth a damn. Very straight flier, doesn't want to turn over unless you put anny on it, and slight but dependable fade. Easy distance for a mid and it doesn't need height to get there. Very nice. Throwing it back to back with a star Skeeter, gold Core, and an Axis, it was comparable to all but less apt to flip. It seemed closest to the Axis but with more glide. The Lycan will handle a wider range of power without affecting the flight so much. Compared to the Core, which gives easier distance/more distance and is a little more sensitive, the Lycan might fit more throwing styles and is tolerant of mistakes in form.

Innova still can't seem to weigh their discs, though. This one is marked 177 and weighs a little over 180. Other than that, this disc is a winner and is going in the bag...may even replace my Axis but I'm not sure yet.

Let me say one more time for you chart-watching kids, this is NOT the same as a Coyote. Get out and actually throw one. :)

I had the same thoughts with the Core comparison. This disc is everything the Core should be

I saw one yesterday... they for sure stole the Comet mold.. it's an exact replica.

What kind of crack are you smokin'...?? Have you held or looked at a Comet? The mold is nothing like the Lycan or the Coyote. Nothing. Really? Might as well say it's an exact replica of the Aviar. lol

Don't know if it has been asked, and I don't want to sound too skeptical, but if I'm really happy cycling my Rocs, should I even consider the Lycan?

i heard it shoots lasers on top of being an exact replica of the comet... man it's so great.

Don't know if it has been asked, and I don't want to sound too skeptical, but if I'm really happy cycling my Rocs, should I even consider the Lycan?
I ask myself this all the time because I love mids and want to throw them all. The answer is always "no." Those of us that are perfectly happy cycling Rocs don't need any other mid. It really is the beauty of the Roc. People who don't cycle Rocs will never understand what is so great about the Roc, and I'm OK with that.

I ask myself this all the time because I love mids and want to throw them all. The answer is always "no." Those of us that are perfectly happy cycling Rocs don't need any other mid. It really is the beauty of the Roc. People who don't cycle Rocs will never understand what is so great about the Roc, and I'm OK with that.

Thanks! :hfive:

6540712605_12263272f2.jpg

Ignore the top picture, I was killing two discs with one picture. The bottom picture is the side/ wing view of the Star Lycan I received along with my F2 Blizzard Champ TeeDevil and Sparkle Champion Dart.

From an absolute quick look, the Lycan reminded a lot of a doomier Mako. I do not have the calipers handy nor the spec sheet, but it looks and feels remarkably close to a Mako. The biggest thing I see is in the dome. It reminds me a little of the Archon or Vulcan with the angle in the flight plate, almost creating a defined ring where the angle of the slope changes. It is definitely not as defined with a visible line like the Archon or Vulcan, but I can almost trick myself into seeing where it pops up.

If, IF, this is the case, I would expect the same high speed stability as the Mako but more glide (and thus a slight distance advantage) and a little more slow speed stability. I actually have no clue how it is going to fly and it will be a day or two before I can get a chance. I really like the Mako for driving, especially when driving with a slight hyzer, but I could not other uses for it because it was not finesse enough at lower powers. I guess I will see how it goes.

How does this compare to a Meteor? I had originally guessed this would be a tweaked MD2 but it appears that I was wrong.

so what are the best cross-brand comparisons for the Lycan? I've heard Core and Axis. anything else?

it falls in the neutral midrange category. it feels big in the hand because of the plus mold. has a slight forward fade when thrown flat.

The Lycan and the Cro are like almost exactly alike when I hold both (Both first runs) next to eachother... I don't know if anybody else made that connection.. Plus according to the charts they look the same with the Cro having a bit more fade..

The Lycan and the Cro are like almost exactly alike when I hold both (Both first runs) next to eachother... I don't know if anybody else made that connection.. Plus according to the charts they look the same with the Cro having a bit more fade..

so it's a small diameter?

No...Lycan is large diameter. Also doesn't fly at all like a Cro, but I've only thrown one star Cro for a short while.

the profile is nothing like the Cro

I have stated like 50 times in this thread. Lycan = coyote + nose spacer + plus mold

Latest posts