• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

So, I'm thinking about giving the Nova one last chance as a driving putter since it is the straightest glider I've thrown.

My problem is getting a clean release. How do you guys do it? Slight hyzer to compensate?
I find that 30% of my Nova drives will get some OAT and turn away from desired path.

I normally only throw a modified fan grip (half power with stacked middle fingers), I've also tried to spread out all 4 fingers under the flight plate but this also gives me a unclean release. Am I simply holding and throwing too hard?
I'm at the stage where in considering to grease up the inside of that sticky rim... :D

Form work will straighten out a Nova, pretty much nothing else will. You have to have exactly 0 OAT to keep them flying smoothly. McBeth rips his with crazy power on some dead straight lines, it's not that it's being overpowered it just doesn't like OAT

Poor AIM

His heart just exploded

Eh ive been there b4. Atlas/ nova work well 4 straight-ish finesse play but feel and look like something questAT would have made when I first started playing. :gross:

Plus I found I was able to throw dat GYRO **** much harder and show off to the ladies.

Form work will straighten out a Nova, pretty much nothing else will. You have to have exactly 0 OAT to keep them flying smoothly. McBeth rips his with crazy power on some dead straight lines, it's not that it's being overpowered it just doesn't like OAT

This. Working on throwing the Nova with as much power as I can and getting a flat, straight flight improved my putter driving with other less OAT sensitive molds more than just about anything else. Releasing a Nova with slight hyzer does not work. They tend to take the line they are thrown on and do not generally like to "flip up" . Stick with it and keep practicing throwing the Nova hard and flat and then switch back to your normal driving putter access see what happens. Its pretty cool!

As far as getting the Nova to fly a line without flipping out, try throwing it a little more nose up than you think you should. It's more forgiving than almost any other disc in that regard.

Obviously you can't take this too far or it will stall/shyzer out. But the sweet spot where it flies straight and glides is at a higher nose angle than you might think.

I agree, it is very HSS, I just have to find a way get those clean releases...
I took it out for a spin today. After 1 month with the Pure I still putt better with the Nova. I think it'll just go back into the bag, better for long putts, HSS and short annys.

So, I'm thinking about giving the Nova one last chance as a driving putter since it is the straightest glider I've thrown.

My problem is getting a clean release. How do you guys do it? Slight hyzer to compensate?

What I would do is get a blank MVP/Axiom putter and just dye "Nova" onto it. :thmbup:

How would you nova lovers compare it to a glow comet? Im just learning to throw my comet, i think something with a touch more hss would have more to add to my bag in more different wind conditions.

How would you nova lovers compare it to a glow comet? Im just learning to throw my comet, i think something with a touch more hss would have more to add to my bag in more different wind conditions.

Two completely different discs. A Comet will show form flaws, in that if thrown clean, it should show no turn and not fade too hard. (Excluding wind of course) A Nova has a good bit more HSS so I think that if you're looking for an approach disc, it would be a good fit. I know you didn't ask, but if you're looking for something that has more stability to fit a midrange role/wind fighting, people have been pairing Rocs and Comets for many, many years.

Latest posts