• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Well again, thus far I have yet to see a bad review from anyone who has ACTUALLY THROWN IT! So many nay sayers based on the looks, and again, it's ugly as hell, and I'm not a big fan of how it feel, but so far I like how it throws!!

I'd putt with a dog turd if it flew well and went in the basket.

When putting with dog turds, the "largest piece" rule becomes important. :D

On topic: Would love to hear more experiences from those who have used the Nova as a driving putter.

On topic: Would love to hear more experiences from those who have used the Nova as a driving putter.

Dont throw the hot steamy ones. Let them cool off to a nice firmness like a SSS wizard :gross:

Are they in retails stores yet? I'll probably find out tomorrow. I'm debating the merits of checking them out. I really love my judges.

you'll know if any of these innova overmolds are worth a damn when you see them pop up in a top pros bag that is sponsored by innova

Discs can still be worth a damn to non pros even if no pros throw them... I've never seen a pro throwing DX spiders and cheetahs, but they're damn good beginner discs.

I can't say whether or not pros will pick up either of these discs for their personal bags, but that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when it comes to what the discs' "worth" is.

I would be willing to wager Innova will ask Paul to put one of these in his bag to hype it to people.

I highly doubt that Innova would ask him to do that, this isn't a ploy by Innova. Even if they did ask him to I doubt he would add it to his bag usless he liked it. He makes a living off disc golf so why would he carry a disc he didn't really like/ want to use when it could costs him money for food & clothes? He wouldn't, read this page in the thread I linked to, Paul talks about this exact topic & says he wouldn't just talk about a disc for marketing purposes so I doubt he would actually use one/carry one for marketing reasons. Did Paul hype up the Atlas & carry it because the big bag evil Innova came up with another ploy? I think not
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93909&highlight=roc3&page=3

All I know is that these and the Atlas are basically a ready made canvas for the awesome disc dyers out there! Ive already seen a few but I predict we are going to see some really awesome stuff popping up here soon

Discs can still be worth a damn to non pros even if no pros throw them... I've never seen a pro throwing DX spiders and cheetahs, but they're damn good beginner discs.

I can't say whether or not pros will pick up either of these discs for their personal bags, but that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when it comes to what the discs' "worth" is.

New never said that just because a Pro didn't use a disc it was bad or not beginner friendly. All New is saying if top pros are using a disc it is a good disc. People whose main form of income is coming from disc golf aren't going to use a disc that is "bad" because for some of them Disc Golf is how the bills get paid, $ for food, $ for clothes ect. Also not being a New d*** rider but he is no beginner, from what I've heard he's throwing as far as most people inflate their distance to & is a solid all around player. So a pros opinion would be much closer in terms of skill & distance to how he throws than what beginners & most Ams could recommend (recommending can even just be by using a disc when a person is a pro).

I don't think Innova is evil, see my signature. From a marketing standpoint it would just make sense. If The best player on the planet throws it and people see that he does, they may be more inclined to buy one and try it too. Hell, when I see Ricky lace a 500ft drive with a D1, I know it makes me think about throwing one too. And that's not because I know him, I just get sucked into the hype machine like lots of other players do. I was just pointing out that Innova could really easily boost sales by having their best player endorse a product. Every other sport does this.

I don't think Innova is evil, see my signature. From a marketing standpoint it would just make sense. If The best player on the planet throws it and people see that he does, they may be more inclined to buy one and try it too. Hell, when I see Ricky lace a 500ft drive with a D1, I know it makes me think about throwing one too. And that's not because I know him, I just get sucked into the hype machine like lots of other players do. I was just pointing out that Innova could really easily boost sales by having their best player endorse a product. Every other sport does this.

I agree with that, I know that pros that I like I'm more likely to try the discs they use. I just can't see Paul throwing a disc just to get more money for Innova, but as you said it is very smart from a marketing point of view.

Got a Nova to test on Monday. Played 2 practice rounds with it and added it to the bag for The Blazer. Carried and putted the Nova this weekend. I'm a "stack" putter. I pull out three putters, A KC Aviar, a JK Aviar and the Nova. I decide on the fly or sometimes seemingly at random which I'll putt with. I made some clutch putts with it. Mostly uphill. It really grabs the chains and drops in the basket. probably the grippiest stable putter I've seen. I didn't have any issues with it sticking to my hand, I could let it go on a slight hyzer and it really didn't fade till it was in the chains. I was on a putting confidence high this weekend though. I didn't care if it was a 50 foot downhiller, I was going for it, because I'd either make it, hit the basket or make the comebacker.

I didn't throw any drives with it during the tournament, but it drives a lot like my JK... but it comes down like an elevator when it runs out of gas. Great for approaches to treacherous greens.

anyone actually throwing the Nova yet? It may have cured "The Peckham Putt". Hit the chains on the lower left side (I'm a lefty), and the disc grabs, flips vertical and drops over the back edge of the tray. I do it a lot. Otherwise a good putt, can't seem to replicate it with the Nova.

Well I have been using the Nova for a little over a week now everyday I am off. I believe I have in a little over a hundred holes with it. It is a great putter. I personally do not like it as a true driving putter, but I will use it for approach shots. Anything 75 feet or closer and the Nova is the disc I am grabbing. Tuesday was one windy SOB here in Wisconsin. I would not suggest using this putter in a direct headwind, but then again I watched my rhino get picked up and carried away too. The Nova has replaced my P2 psycho. I just like the feel and accuracy I am getting out of the Nova better. I love the way this thing grabs the chains. I have not had it blow through on a putt yet.

I have never once wanted a disc because a pro uses it. Who cares what they use? I hope individuals use what works best for their game, be it a pro or a chucker.

That said, I have no desire to use this goofy looking disc.

Guarantee these will sell like hot cakes when noobies see these at Dick's or any other retail stores. Just like how the groove is a beginner top seller.

Latest posts