• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Maybe they should have been more like Ferrari and named the disc "Lainnova".

I gave a buds atlas a throw and even though I air bounced it didn't fade out hard, so I can see that its a neutral flier. I think the bright colors will be a selling point to a younger market... which is a good thing IMO.

The Nova looks cool with its slits and the pro plastic sounds good too. Again, the disc looks like the kids would pick one up over a bland pastel wizard. I'm guessing similar to an anode.

if i see kids throwing this or the atlas i'm going to take it and throw it as far as i can then kick dirt in their face

if i see kids throwing this or the atlas i'm going to take it and throw it as far as i can then kick dirt in their face

Obviously you aren't be serious, but I get the feeling there is a grain of truth in there...do you harbor secret hatred for Innova's glorious overmolds?

i got a few rounds in yesterday and threw it a bit. Definitely a grippy flight plate that some will love. the overmold didn't seem to wear too much even will several significant tree strikes. I imagine there will be some love for this disc once enough folks start throwing them.

i got a few rounds in yesterday and threw it a bit. Definitely a grippy flight plate that some will love. the overmold didn't seem to wear too much even will several significant tree strikes. I imagine there will be some love for this disc once enough folks start throwing them.

I like that it feels good, but how does it throw? Good driving putter?

I managed to drive it well a few times and it would really hold the line you put it on. I prefer a slicker putter in general so the errors I saw were mostly just grip issues. If you're coming from something like a really grippy glow warlock I think you'll be very happy.

just got doing some putting practice with the nova I received today. first off for all you haters thinking oh it is just a toy, it is not. this feels like a disc. it throws like a disc. this disc has a very nice grippy flight plate. the rim is just a little more tacky than the flight plate but not much. I know someone was asking whether or not this disc has the same points on the bottom and the answer is yes. when I first saw this disc in the picture innova released, I was skeptical to say the least. I thought it looked like a toy, just a Frisbee. well, I am glad I decided to TRY it BEFORE passing total judgement. this disc, for me, feels great in the hand, flies amazing( haven't put much power on it yet) for putting. this thing is laser beam accurate for me. now for durability. I did get in some medium power throws that hit my privacy fence, my garage, the pole of my basket, etc. and the rim seems to be holding up ok. we will see when I go out on my home course here in a bit. I know I am gonna drive this disc on a hole that I have a tendency to take trees on. all in all so far I am impressed. this disc is slowly proving itself. if it drives as well as it putts, I am gonna have to get another. one for driving approach, on for strict putting.

Last edited:
I got one today for kicks....I gotta say I kinda like it. It's kinda ugly but it feels nice and is super comfortable. Feels similar to my voodoos. Putts nice, minimal fade - didn't drive with it.

I got one today for kicks....I gotta say I kinda like it. It's kinda ugly but it feels nice and is super comfortable. Feels similar to my voodoos. Putts nice, minimal fade - didn't drive with it.

If you ever get a chance to drive with it, let us know what you think of it & how it flies. Does it have the injection points like the Atlas?

Reason for edit: Mispell. :clap:

Four thousand posts in just over a year on the site and one course played...

I can't wait to hear more reviews of this disc. It sounds like it'll be a nice option off the tee if it throws as straight as it sounds like it putts. I really want to order one, but I am trying to save money. :(

If you ever get a chance to drive with it, let us know what you think of it & how it flies. Does it have the injection points like the Atlas?

Yes it does have the injection points on the bottom (4) like the atlas. It also has all those little points on the top that stick up a tad. Didn't bother me feel wise, but aesthetically...not so much. It also has those 4 dimple "compass points" on the top.

Yes it does have the injection points on the bottom (4) like the atlas. It also has all those little points on the top that stick up a tad. Didn't bother me feel wise, but aesthetically...not so much. It also has those 4 dimple "compass points" on the top.

Does it have a plus rim like the Atlas?

Latest posts