• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

I am glad I decided to TRY it BEFORE passing total judgement.

kudos to you :clap: most people on forums make unfounded judgements before trying something. i hope to get a few test throws in this weekend. i've been looking for something to kick out my BB aviar driver.

So I took the nova out on the course tonight. I must say that it is a very nice disc. It does seem to handle power off the tee quite well. This disc held whatever line I put it on. I absolutely love it as an up shot disc. Once it hits the ground it just stays. I must say that driving felt a little weird to me. I believe once I get used to the grippier rim it will probably go better. As with every disc, I will just keep on practicing with the Nova. Also, when it hits the chains it just falls flat into the basket. All told I think the Nova may just take my p2 psycho's place in my bag.

(Hey BigSky did I do better this time Mr. Grammar Policeman?)

Maybe I was too hard on you. Your edit, and it's reason were humorous, especially since you misspelled "Mispell." :D

Anyway, I have no comment on the Nova. You guys enjoy it.

Edit: Nice, Nate. :thmbup:

Thats got to be the ugliest turd of a disc to ever grace this planet.

Honestly BirdieMachine, when I first saw the pictures on the website of the red and yellow I thought the same. I got white flight plate, purple rainbow foil stamp, purple rim. This color combo is much more pleasing on the eyes by far.

you'll know if any of these innova overmolds are worth a damn when you see them pop up in a top pros bag that is sponsored by innova

Whatever plastic they made the flight plate out of compared to the plastic they used on the flight plate of the Atlas is seriously lacking. The Atlas was not for me, but at least the plastic in the flight plate felt great (like Star), this stuff feels terrible. Like my P-PD but not as nice.

so it flies on any line u put it on, but is it a longer teebird?

Whatever plastic they made the flight plate out of compared to the plastic they used on the flight plate of the Atlas is seriously lacking. The Atlas was not for me, but at least the plastic in the flight plate felt great (like Star), this stuff feels terrible. Like my P-PD but not as nice.

They said it was Pro, hence the P-PD feel.

you'll know if any of these innova overmolds are worth a damn when you see them pop up in a top pros bag that is sponsored by innova

From what I've read, McBeast is liking the one that he has. Says you can put it on any line and it will hold it, and then proved it.

So I took the nova out on the course tonight. I must say that it is a very nice disc. It does seem to handle power off the tee quite well. This disc held whatever line I put it on. I absolutely love it as an up shot disc. Once it hits the ground it just stays. I must say that driving felt a little weird to me. I believe once I get used to the grippier rim it will probably go better. As with every disc, I will just keep on practicing with the Nova. Also, when it hits the chains it just falls flat into the basket. All told I think the Nova may just take my p2 psycho's place in my bag.

I threw and putted mine yesterday too. Yellow plate with purple rim 171g. Definitely flew where I pointed it. Not really BB Aviar stability but straight. the plate is stiff and the rim is firm but really grippy. the profile looks almost like an Aviar P&A no bead. It putted good but dropped really fast. Once I got used to that, it went really straight and stuck well in the chains. For me, this may make a better putter than upshot disc. We'll see.

I would love to see a combo of flexy Champion flight plate with R-Pro soft tacky rim for putting!!!