• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Been gone from disc golf for a few days.. Should have seen another Innova coming!

This makes me laugh. How do you know it's good? What if it's bad. Very bad... and then Innova pumps out 10 other molds just as bad?
I never said the Nova was gonna be good, I just didn't assume it was gonna be a piece of crap like you did. How do you know Innova is gonna pump out 10 more molds? And if they do how do you know all of them are gonna be bad? Your just being a Debbie Downer & having a very pessimistic type attitude.

All that we have established on this thread is that it's an ugly disc... and yes... at least in the colors shown... it is an ugly disc! HOWEVER, there is NO reason to say that it is going to be garbage or anything of that sort until somebody throws it. This could potentially be the most comfortable feeling, best flying putter ever made, and half of you will never know because you can't get over the looks of it. Enough talking about fanboys, enough talking about gimmicks, enough talking about looks, can we just talk about how it throws WHEN IT ACTUALLY COMES OUT? Anything other than that at this point has been said, note taken. So silly how things get spun into nonsense when not a single person has actually gotten a chance to feel or throw this thing.

k, no worries.

But... taking your own theory, wouldn't you agree that MVP should diversify away from only overmolds? It may help legitimize their own brand more (which i thow none of, btw) especially if other companies along with Innova start producing overmolds.

I am with ZAM on this one, nope. :hfive:

Innova is already legitimizing MVP with their now 2 overmolds, if more companies do the same it will just legitimize them even more. MVP has carved out a nice little niche in the market for themselves with their overmolds.

Why should MVP go away from their bread and butter and what they are best at? To me, they would just blend in with an already fairly populated market. A market they would not be the leader in, but just another competitor playing catch up and starting way back in the pack.

Like that old saying goes, jack of all trades and master of none. Better to stick to what you do best and let others try and copy you than you trying to copy what others do best.

I am with ZAM on this one, nope. :hfive:

Innova is already legitimizing MVP with their now 2 overmolds, if more companies do the same it will just legitimize them even more. MVP has carved out a nice little niche in the market for themselves with their overmolds.

Why should MVP go away from their bread and butter and what they are best at? To me, they would just blend in with an already fairly populated market. A market they would not be the leader in, but just another competitor playing catch up and starting way back in the pack.

Like that old saying goes, jack of all trades and master of none. Better to stick to what you do best and let others try and copy you than you trying to copy what others do best.

I tend to agree with you and Zamm.

Competing companies want to compete against qualities products. Correct.

So let's hope the innova overmolds remain quality. Go ahead and call me pesimistic --- i personally think blizzard quality is junk. i think the majority of their run to run "consistency" is junk. I think their line of plus molds are junk. I think their echo plastic line is crazy overprised. I think the change of their DX plastic is junk. I don't have much faith their line of overmolds, if they choose to continue making more, are going to any different. sorry kids. again, i hope i'm proven wrong.

Originally Posted by joegraham
Hi Dave. Can you tell us about the newly approved disc, the NOVA please? 21.3 diameter and legal to 176, but the height is really high. Is it a putter and an overmold?

Hi Joe,

I don't know what they measure for height, but if they got the early ones, they were a little domier than what we are running now. I think there are some pictures out on line somewhere. Hero Discs might even have some for sale this weekend.

Basically, they are an overmold no bead Aviar putter. It feels like a big bead in the hand and flies like a big bead high speed, but doesn't have near the fade of a big bead. Probably less fade than a P&A.

The material is a tough grippy Pro like driver Pro, but grippier and softer on the rim. Overall the Nova has about the same flex as the Atlas. It is a very straight flyer like the Atlas too.

Originally Posted by joegraham
Hi Dave. Can you tell us about the newly approved disc, the NOVA please? 21.3 diameter and legal to 176, but the height is really high. Is it a putter and an overmold?

Hi Joe,

I don't know what they measure for height, but if they got the early ones, they were a little domier than what we are running now. I think there are some pictures out on line somewhere. Hero Discs might even have some for sale this weekend.

Basically, they are an overmold no bead Aviar putter. It feels like a big bead in the hand and flies like a big bead high speed, but doesn't have near the fade of a big bead. Probably less fade than a P&A.

The material is a tough grippy Pro like driver Pro, but grippier and softer on the rim. Overall the Nova has about the same flex as the Atlas. It is a very straight flyer like the Atlas too.

Thanks for posting that here. This might be worth trying for putting. Probably like an MVP Ion now.

Thanks for posting that here. This might be worth trying for putting. Probably like an MVP Ion now.

I would say more like an Anode perhaps? But not really. MVP is pretty unique. Sadly, Ive never been much for Aviars. Even in ye olden days I prefered the '86 Softie. This would make for some sick ace runs if it flies as advertised when thrown with power. The Atlas can handle a bit of mustard and still be a laser beam....

Different molds, I know, but still.

well I done did it folks. hero disc usa has the japan open nova up for sale. I ordered on so hopefully within the next week I will have an honest review about the disc up on here. and I am brutally honest. if I think this disc is poo-poo I will let ya know.

well I done did it folks. hero disc usa has the japan open nova up for sale. I ordered on so hopefully within the next week I will have an honest review about the disc up on here. and I am brutally honest. if I think this disc is poo-poo I will let ya know.

How much was shipping?

How much was shipping?

shipping was like 6.45 for priority mail with tracking. all told I think the total was like 26.40. I only got it because I just had a disc sell at auction for 35 dollars. that and I have a japan open atlas and wanted the japan open nova to match. could not get same colors. and it looks like the only flight plate colors they are offering are red white or yellow. I got a 173-176 white flight plate purple rim. my atlas is baby blue flight plate purple rim. and yes my crazy butt is throwing these discs.

shipping was like 6.45 for priority mail with tracking. all told I think the total was like 26.40. I only got it because I just had a disc sell at auction for 35 dollars. that and I have a japan open atlas and wanted the japan open nova to match. could not get same colors. and it looks like the only flight plate colors they are offering are red white or yellow. I got a 173-176 white flight plate purple rim. my atlas is baby blue flight plate purple rim. and yes my crazy butt is throwing these discs.

Why can we just have the option of black on black. Or black and red!