• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if there is a story, but I saw him at Indian Creek DGC just a few weeks ago.

I was just wondering if he was still around, still played, still alive. Honestly, I have no idea. Didn't even know who he was until yesterday.

I like the idea of a real big disc. Over the years I've thrown Jaguars, The Lynx and a Condor. All have been great discs. Compare those to a Whippet and they're much bigger.

One of my best mates has a Condor and when he puts it in his bag he'll sometimes spend minutes looking for a disc when it gets hidden inside the Condor and the side of the bag. It's hilarious-sized.

One of my best mates has a Condor and when he puts it in his bag he'll sometimes spend minutes looking for a disc when it gets hidden inside the Condor and the side of the bag. It's hilarious-sized.

That's actually really funny.

^^^Not sure if it had been posted yet but I really didn't feel like skimming through 73 pages to find out. If it hasn't been posted yet enjoy.

Jeremy Koling just jumped on the ship too.
From his facebook page.
For the past 5 years with Discraft I have appreciated and relied on their support. I'll never forget my first family in disc golf. That being said, beginning 2013, I will embark on a new disc golf journey. I don't know the best way to do this so I think I'll list a few of the big events that have led me to where I am today:
In May '06, I played my very first round of disc golf, the sport that has since consumed my entire life.
In October '07, while spectating the USDGC as an amateur who had never won a PDGC event at any level, Kirk Yoo approached me and asked me if I was interested in throwing for team Discraft. Without hesistation I say "OF COURSE!"
In February '08 I was officially a proud member of the team. They sensed my excitement for the game and did something that most companies rarely do and signed on an unproved amateur. The following summer in Kalamazoo, I won AM worlds and was ready to begin my pro career.
Since then I have won Pro Rookie of the Year ('09), won 40 pro tournaments and traveled the country (and even overseas) pursuing disc golf, the thing I love most, all as a member of team Discraft. There is no way to put into words how much I appreciate their support through these past 5 years. I had never imagined a situation where they wouldn't be by my side in my pursuit of this amazing game.
Very recently something unique and exciting has come up. An opportunity too great to pass on. I would like to thank Discraft for all that they have done for me but it is now time for me pursure a new venture and to go in a different direction. 2013 proves to be an exciting season and I CANNOT wait see what the future holds for both me and this amazing sport!

I am more and more intrigued that more and more pros are leaving . . . supposedly for the same company. If they take on a bunch of the top players in the game and are a young company, I wonder how sustainable is their business model. Are they going to be a non-profit and act somewhat like a players union? Or are they doing this to make money and partner with the young pros to help them accomplish the same thing for themselves?

I am not being a doubting thomas or a negative nancy . . . but I am by my nature inquisitive. Obviously I am basing my own comments on speculation . . . and will reserve the right to adjust my comments and observations based on fact when it is announced what the grand plan is.

I can't wait to hear the supposed news on January 1st . . . or whenever it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.