• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait I forgot one: McBeast!! sorry Paul
so the team is:
Schwebbie
MJ
Barsby
McBeast

actually we now have a doubles pair representing NC and Cali. Now we just need to fill in some spots.

you can add Holly to the list

paul if you were stuck on an island after nuclear and zombie holocaust with no chance to escape which female disc golfer would pick to repopulate mankind.

Also what blend is your purple putter from worlds, and does it have a bb, micro bead or no bead. thx

paul if you were stuck on an island after nuclear and zombie holocaust with no chance to escape which female disc golfer would pick to repopulate mankind.
Hah. This should be in the ask MJ thread, though... it is kind of a loaded question, seeing as pretty much every female disc golfer has a boyfriend or a fiance at this point.

I am skeptical myself, but I feel like I am allowed to be that way until they give me something to test. That is part of the reason I dis like the way they are going about the big announcement on Jan 1. I think I will sooner throw DD than I will Prodigy. At least with DD I was getting information sooner than some of their sponsored players.

Really? If you're not in the loop before the sponsored players then you have a problem with it? I think it's brilliant the way this is being announced, it's got every disc golf forum talking about it and waiting for the "big news". They've managed to get an enormous amount of free publicity by having each of the players independently make the same cryptic announcement so everyone stays tuned in and keeps the rumor mill churning.

Also what blend is your purple putter from worlds, and does it have a bb, micro bead or no bead. thx

My GF Brittany Blair
They were KC Aviars bb I perfer no bead but the new DX wasn't firm enough. My dream putter is a KC P&A

they are not the only essential piece to the puzzle, they need amateurs as much as we need them.

I'm not sure the amateurs "need" the pros much at all. Pros need amateurs, though, because that's their core audience and thus the people who pay for them to be pros.

And this is being handled to gain the most PR, I agree with those saying that. Heck they could have had one pro per day do it and called it the "Twelve Days of Discmas" or something like that and had one announce each day.

But in the end, what, 150 people outside of the immediately affected (the pros and the new company, maybe their super-close loved ones) really care about this, right?

Tempest in a teapot.

I'm a little surprised to find out that Koling is one of the "cool kids"...

I'm a little surprised to find out that Koling is one of the "cool kids"...

really? kinda seems like a slap in the face. I met him once last year and got to play several holes with him. He is a really nice guy and incredibly personable. I would imagine it hard not to like him.

Their PR strategy is good for hyping it in the Forums/facebook. Outside of forum/facebook goers know one gives a dang. I have several friends who have been playing/competing for years that don't know the Skyiron, Skyquest, Snap!, RIP, Discwing, lightning, prodiscus, DKG, and MVP. And all of them dont get on the forums or follow the sport.
Also most people don't go out of their comfort zone or they have that "i only throw *insert company here*" snobby attitude. I usually buy at least one of every model I can and then bring them to leagues to encourage people to try them out. Heck I am always pushing Legacy Discs. Love their stuff! I really hope they dont go with the million discs under the sun approach. I would rather see a line-up that is a complete bag (need overstable mid-range and stable speed 10/11 driver to be complete imo).

My GF Brittany Blair
They were KC Aviars bb I perfer no bead but the new DX wasn't firm enough. My dream putter is a KC P&A

kc snub nose with a small bead. i have one. but they need a production run!

No the worlds putters were stock Kc Aviars... My dream ones have no bead

yeah...and mine have a small bead that i turn into a no bead. beadless would be fine too, though. so long as it has the snub nose of a kc.

i feel like they're just a tad different. seems like there is some extra plastic where the bead would be. i'd like a kc snub with the big bead gone...kinda a more low profile i suppose.

I don't have time to read through 400 posts. Can I have a recap please?

Every pro jumped ship, Prodigy makes shiny plastic, earth shattering news coming Janurary 1st, DGCR developing crush on Michael Johansen.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.