• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured there was some kind of a salary. Trying to somewhat verify it, I can only find one comment on Facebook about from someone who doesn't seem to be at all involved in the company. Now that there are some facts with, I'm assuming, more to come after everyone nurses their New Year's hangovers, I think it would be nice to end the speculation.

I only mentioned the 10k number b/c I thought another poster said it was verified in the vid or elsewhere...by bad for spreading the "venom." one has to assume at least some profit sharing or something, but I don't know crap, and misread someone else.
:wall:

I only mentioned the 10k number b/c I thought another poster said it was verified in the vid or elsewhere...by bad for spreading the "venom." one has to assume at least some profit sharing or something, but I don't know crap, and misread someone else.
:wall:
i saw that facebook post on will's page too.
i'm trying to confirm that as we speak

Half of their team isn't even old enough to legally have hangovers.
That never stopped me :D

i saw that facebook post on will's page too.
i'm trying to confirm that as we speak

Here's the post I saw from Prodigy's page:
T.j. Straub: Its different because Prodigy is paying the players on the team 10g's a year in salary, no other company does that. As far as plastic I guess we will just have to wait and see. To me the only thing "changing" is that Pro's can now maybe make a living playing DG

Yikes, there is no way that each pro adds $10k in profits to a disc company (except KC). Someone's dead rich uncle just rolled over in their grave.

The life of prodigy is solely determined by how long the inheritance holds up.

So, with the Prodigy team all meeting up at Flyboy and having their summit there, I'm surprised this idea hasn't been suggested yet.

What is one of the biggest hindrances to being a touring pro? Travel cost and travel time.
What is Flyboy Aviation? A private airplane community.
Who designed/maintains Flyboy? Kelly Leggette.
What is Kelly's day job? Commercial pilot.
What is the easiest way to get from point A to point B? Airplanes.
Wait, didn't I say something about travel cost and travel time?

who isnt over 21? Will...maybe?
Will, Cam, Paige as far as I know. Half might have been an exaggeration. Will and Paige are the most active on social media that would talking about it, from what I've seen. (Well, Nikko is very active too, but he's more concerned with his Disc Golf Expansion Project.)
That never stopped me :D
I know, I know. Chances are they still got plastered last night...

So, with the Prodigy team all meeting up at Flyboy and having their summit there, I'm surprised this idea hasn't been suggested yet.

What is one of the biggest hindrances to being a touring pro? Travel cost and travel time.

Exactly, IMO what we're going to see is team Prodigy pushing the whip, and creating the "legit" pro tour by showing up at the same tourney most weeks, like I was saying.

Yikes, there is no way that each pro adds $10k in profits to a disc company (except KC). Someone's dead rich uncle just rolled over in their grave.

It seems like Prodigy is a bunch of old Pro disc golfers that believe that Pro disc golf adds value to the game. It's the old Wham-O philosophy. Wham-O propped up "Pro" Frisbee through the IFA from '67-'83. They paid players a salary to travel around and set up Frisbee exhibitions at basketball halftimes and the like along with sponsoring big Frisbee tournament for their paid staff to show up at and win more of thier money. The problem with that was it was a mirage; it looked like a legit sport but it was propped up solely on Wham-O's advertising budget. As soon as Wham-O pulled out, "Pro" Frisbee basically dissappeared.

The main difference between the two that I see it that Wham-O was a major corporation with Hula-Hoop and Superball profits to fall back on. Prodigy is a start-up with only the investors money to soak. The players that Prodigy is paying will need to hit the road, do disc golf demos anywhere that will let them and promote the products to earn $10,000. If they are just going to travel around to touraments and not really do anything more on the promotional end then they already did for thier previous sponsors, I'm not sure how they are worth $10,000.

If you add up the marketing dollars a company like Innova or Discraft spends annually and split that among 15 people who are out traveling the country and acting like human ads and billboards you can most certainly recoup that money pretty easily. You really don't have the facts to back up them being bankrolled by an inheritance but I get what you are trying to say. I just think you're about 12 months premature. Unless you've done two years of market research and business modeling on this market.

From Kelly Leggette's Facebook Wall. This didn't take long.

"I'm honored to finally be able to announce Flyboy Aviation's affiliation with the new and exciting Disc Golf company, ProdigyDisc. The new company is owned and operated by passionate disc golfers dedicated to the future of our sport...some of the finest individuals I've ever know.

Check out our Facebook page, and Phil Arthur's Youtube vid introducing ProdigyDisc.

Happy New Year to all my Flyboy and Prodigy friends...It's going to be an exciting year!
http://www.youtube.com/user/prodigydiscs"

From Kelly Leggette's Facebook Wall. This didn't take long.

"I'm honored to finally be able to announce Flyboy Aviation's affiliation with the new and exciting Disc Golf company, ProdigyDisc. The new company is owned and operated by passionate disc golfers dedicated to the future of our sport...some of the finest individuals I've ever know.

Check out our Facebook page, and Phil Arthur's Youtube vid introducing ProdigyDisc.

Happy New Year to all my Flyboy and Prodigy friends...It's going to be an exciting year!
http://www.youtube.com/user/prodigydiscs"
wow flyboy is involved. i wonder to what extent?

wow flyboy is involved. i wonder to what extent?

You really think they would've had all those pics up of Flyboy if there was no involvement? Really we should've all seen this coming when Connor started talking like he knew something, the only way he would know anything was if it had something to do with Flyboy.

I reeaally doubt Kelly is going to be flying these guys around non-stop as their personal pilot, though for some events it might not be out of the question. I could see Flyboy being either some financial backing, or a good 'main base' type of thing where they gather/run tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.