• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it me or will Paul McBeth be the best DGer ever?

jbl39

A lot of people are sold on Will Shusterick being the next Ken Climo because 1. he's young, 2. he's lengthy like Climo and 3. he's already got a world championship to his name.

Dave Feldberg is clearly the best in the game right now, and I have argued that he needs more recognition from the DG scene than he is currently getting, but time will start to mess with his game sooner than the young guns.

Nikko Locastro is a guy who, quite frankly, is given way too much credit and despite being young I have been totally underwhelmed with his most recent performances. He's a perfectionist, but as soon as he starts shooting poorly it all goes down the tubes.

Paul McBeth is, in my opinion, the guy to look out for. He doesn't have the kind of Ken Climo frame everyone here seems to get hot and bothered by, but he is absurdly consistent and supremely efficient. He is able to tweak every last bit of his game to remove all of the unnecessary movements maximize his ability. He channels that better than anyone else in the game right now, save for Dave Feldberg. He's also young.

Yeah, I know he "owns" the memorial, but he is going to start owning much more than that. Expect a Worlds from him this year, and numerous other wins on the world circuit. He's for real.

I don't know if McBeth will take worlds this year but I am pretty comfortable with saying he's scary good, a lot better than people may have realized in the past. Expect him to be top 5 for at least 10 years with a couple big titles.

Will has won the USDGC, which is the title most coveted behind the worlds.
The point is that he has proven that he can win in a world class pressure cooker.
Didn't Will place very highly in 2011 Worlds, like second or third?

Unintended threadjack.
Agreed that PM is very underrated and scary good, plus, I believe that he posts on DGCR.

Best ever?
No way. He's good, really good but 20 years from now I don't think anyone will refer to him as the best ever. Unless all dg majors take place in Arizona :p
Watching (forgot tourney name) from last year and he's on the lead card for the final round and you can clearly see when things aren't going his way that his mental game falls apart completely. I'm sure that's got a lot to do with his age but still..

Best ever?
No way. He's good, really good but 20 years from now I don't think anyone will refer to him as the best ever. Unless all dg majors take place in Arizona :p
Watching (forgot tourney name) from last year and he's on the lead card for the final round and you can clearly see when things aren't going his way that his mental game falls apart completely. I'm sure that's got a lot to do with his age but still..

I think it was one of the European tournaments on the lcgm8 Youtube channel. I remember that tournament. McBeth had a rough time after a great start to the round. He couldn't seem to get it together once he got shaken up.

Nobody will ever be able to replicate what Climo did because of the nature of todays game...therefore i think Climo will remain the greatest ever in many peoples minds

A lot of people are sold on Will Shusterick being the next Ken Climo because 1. he's young, 2. he's lengthy like Climo and 3. he's already got a world championship to his name.

Dave Feldberg is clearly the best in the game right now, and I have argued that he needs more recognition from the DG scene than he is currently getting, but time will start to mess with his game sooner than the young guns.

Nikko Locastro is a guy who, quite frankly, is given way too much credit and despite being young I have been totally underwhelmed with his most recent performances. He's a perfectionist, but as soon as he starts shooting poorly it all goes down the tubes.

Paul McBeth is, in my opinion, the guy to look out for. He doesn't have the kind of Ken Climo frame everyone here seems to get hot and bothered by, but he is absurdly consistent and supremely efficient. He is able to tweak every last bit of his game to remove all of the unnecessary movements maximize his ability. He channels that better than anyone else in the game right now, save for Dave Feldberg. He's also young.

Yeah, I know he "owns" the memorial, but he is going to start owning much more than that. Expect a Worlds from him this year, and numerous other wins on the world circuit. He's for real.

1t0m.jpg

any reason in particular why feldberg is "clearly the best" right now as opposed to doss?

Last I checked, Nate Doss is one of "the young guns", has 3 world championships (2nd-most all time), AND was the #1 ranked player.

Not sure what Mr. Gerbil is talking about??????

Latest posts