• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this what's holding us back?

Will playing the National Anthem before tournies grow the sport?

• Total voters
Dogwood Classic and The Lee Naquin in Memphis has a national Anthem, but they are SN events (150-250 people attend usually

this troll thread is 2nd best this week. the champ rock3 beating in, after a few rounds, was a touch better though

I really wish people would learn what troll really means as far as Internet verbiage goes.

Now, Nolan can jump in here and correct me, because I've been ring before, but I really don't think he started this thread to "troll" anyone, nor has anyone really put out any trolling responses.

I really wish people would learn what troll really means as far as Internet verbiage goes.

Now, Nolan can jump in here and correct me, because I've been ring before, but I really don't think he started this thread to "troll" anyone, nor has anyone really put out any trolling responses.

inform me chaw man of what it means

naw youre right, people call me a troll no matter what i post here. i just dont have the popular opinion i guess!

I do question your posts a little because of your post history. I do that with a lot of people on here though. I often wonder if elm, streets, aftc, opti, etc are posting legit answers/threads or not. I'm not calling them trolls per say but they do get sarcastic. Its hard to understand sarcasm in text form.

I don't disregard their posts, I just read them twice.

I don't think it is holding the sport back but I also don't see patriotism in the US as much as I see anti American views. It's a shame.

Get ready: the annual War on Christmas starts next week.

I honestly saw who the op was and thought for sure it was a troll thread. But, after reading the op came away thinking this is a well thought out and applicable subject. Personally I do not think this is holding our sport back. I do think it would be a cool thing to do. Being ex Navy, I am just a wee bit patriotic so I am probably a bit biased though. Good post Nolan. Very thought provoking.

I am wholly against the addition of "under god," to the pledge. I think it distracts the message and is certainly the #1 reason the pledge is recited less and less.

Some backstory...

USHISTORY.ORG said:
In 1954, in response to the Communist threat of the times, President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add the words "under God," creating the 31-word pledge we say today. Bellamy's daughter objected to this alteration. Today it reads:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I am wholly against the addition of "under god," to the pledge. I think it distracts the message and is certainly the #1 reason the pledge is recited less and less.

Some backstory...

Wow. I did not know this at all. What the heck? I know the argument I have always heard was separation of church and state. This lends a whole new argument.

My kids have to say the pledge every day, but they say "one nation under dog" instead of "one nation under god."

Latest posts