• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

I like the shallowness of the pure. I've read that the optos are a little domey. Do they still feel shallow?

Thanks

All are shallow. The "dome" on the slightly domey ones is very slight. For some reason the pink opaque ones were flattest.

I don't know if I will use it for putting or not I love the feel of the Zero Pures. May take the spot of Champion Dart for Driving Putter though.

Damn, I have to go out of town on business before my Optos arrive! Next weekend for me. It's a long wait. Not happy.

Karma sang-weesh u hater! :D

Actually...I feel kinda bad for you. Maybe you can have your wife fwd them?

I am pretty sure booter only threw a pure and buzzz all round. He was really working the pure. It almost was flying like a mini buzzz. Had a hard time telling which disc was which(since he likes that bubble gum pink for every disc he owns)

yeah, thats all i really threw,its such a sweet disc. i actually was looking at it like a mini buzzz too lol. so straight . bubble gum/hot pink owns all colors :hfive:

AHHHHHH!!

Karma sang-weesh u hater! :D

Actually...I feel kinda bad for you. Maybe you can have your wife fwd them?

No, I am only gone until Thursday and I'll have no chance to throw them. I'll be hanging with a 70 year old co-worker that thrives on a 5th of Scotch a night. So the food and booze will be good, but no discs will be airborne. But I am 'working' out of the house Friday. :clap:

I used to throw zero line pures before switching to the maniac.

Mini buzzz is exactly what i need.

I wasn't implying you needed to learn the disc at all. It was a failed attempt at a play on words when you wrote "i guess i need to learn to love them"

20120423_071530.jpg

red stamp,gold stamp,and two green stamps.

anyone thrown the anode and the opto pure? just wondering how they compare before i drop some paper on a stack.

This was posted earlier ;)

This is the best disc ever, easily my #1 favorite disc in my bag right now. Hands down, i'll buy another 5 at release JUST incase something goes wrong with future generation opto pures. If the slanted inner rim of the Anode bugs you at all, this Pure is the solution to all your problems.

ALL YOUR PROBLEMS.

thanks but i was hoping for a better comparison than just that. although that is great. I would assume by that they are very similar, just a different feel?

Pretty much. I really can't down play the Anode because in terms of flight and performance it really deserves all the accolades it gets. It just didn't work for me because of that really odd giant radius/fillet around the inside of the rim where it meets the flight plate. Both discs are excellent straight flying, high gliding, pin point shooters.

My favorite description of the Opto Pure thus far has come from Booter:
Mini Buzzz.

thanks jeronimo. and well no thanks too. Dammit just when my sending on plastic was close to done!!!!
Shaking fist:wall:

indeed ,a mini buzzz it is. which is perfect for a driving putter for me. im seriously thinking of getting some tm2 pures to beat up for turnovers. right now for drivers,i carry rhynos and the pure. i will also add that the opto is still fairly straight into a mild wind.

i threw an anode a few times before and they fly very similar,the pur is faster and just feels like a small mid and is more comfortable to me since its flat and shallow...like a buzzz :)

Latest posts