• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

3 meters? Thats not a putt. I can put a z Xtreme in the basket with my opposite hand from 10ft away. I am talking 25 - 50ft. Spitouts for me, happen way more often with a grippy putter like a zeroline pure. Atleast on the weak side of the chains. I would rather get a cleaner release with a premium plastic putter. Blowthroughs will happen. It happens with every disc on the market. Just wanted to know the flight. If it flies like a zeroline and feels like a zeroline(flat), I have found my putter. If not, back to the star xd's.

Last edited:
It does feel thicker than a zero line and it does not have the same grippyness. If you could get over that I think it would serve you well. You do sound like a perfect candidate for one of the TM2 Pure though.

I'm on the fence with these. I used gripline pures last year and found them to be great at driving and approaching, but ultimately took them out because I didn't like the feel of the plastic. These optos are also great fliers too, but to me, the opto plastic is stiff and slick, which I'm not a fan of.

I use a z zone a lot, and I like how it is shaped similar. It's like having a stable zone. I wish the plastic felt similar.

The flash on mine are ridiculous. Both on the nose and inside rim. It's sharp enough to make them a bit uncomfortable to grip, but I'm concerned about what removing it will do to the flight.

It does feel thicker than a zero line and it does not have the same grippyness. If you could get over that I think it would serve you well. You do sound like a perfect candidate for one of the TM2 Pure though.

The opto has a slight dome, whereas my zeroline is pretty flat, almost puddle-top like my Yeti pro. The flash is a bit sharp on it but it should wear down. Only had a chance to try a few practice putts and it has a little fade at the end. Zeroline is pretty straight.

I was curious how the TM2 compared to zeroline in terms of feel, durability and flight. Probably should ask in another thread, but then some troll would say I need to search. :\

I was curious how the TM2 compared to zeroline in terms of feel, durability and flight. Probably should ask in another thread, but then some troll would say I need to search. :\

I've been putting with the zero pures for over a year now and driving & approaching with the grip pures for the same amount of time. Personally, the zero feels a bit more tacky and is a bit more grippy which is why I will continue to use them versus the tm pures.

Durability and flight wise, they are very similar; practically the same. Really, the only difference I've notice between the zero and tm pures is that the zero is a bit softer and grippier-which I like. I've played 2 rounds of 18 thus far with the tm pures, plus putting at home with the mach lite-that's what my opinion is based on.

Hope this helps.

3 meters? Thats not a putt. I can put a z Xtreme in the basket with my opposite hand from 10ft away. I am talking 25 - 50ft. Spitouts for me, happen way more often with a grippy putter like a zeroline pure. Atleast on the weak side of the chains. I would rather get a cleaner release with a premium plastic putter. Blowthroughs will happen. It happens with every disc on the market. Just wanted to know the flight. If it flies like a zeroline and feels like a zeroline(flat), I have found my putter. If not, back to the star xd's.

Sorry. I meant 30 feet or roughly 10 meters. Brain stopped working.

I've been putting with the zero pures for over a year now and driving & approaching with the grip pures for the same amount of time. Personally, the zero feels a bit more tacky and is a bit more grippy which is why I will continue to use them versus the tm pures.

Durability and flight wise, they are very similar; practically the same. Really, the only difference I've notice between the zero and tm pures is that the zero is a bit softer and grippier-which I like. I've played 2 rounds of 18 thus far with the tm pures, plus putting at home with the mach lite-that's what my opinion is based on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! It does. :thmbup: I'll be using the opto's for longer approaches and get a couple of ZL pures for general putting. They feel great so you answered my question about whether the TM is a viable option.

Thanks! It does. :thmbup: I'll be using the opto's for longer approaches and get a couple of ZL pures for general putting. They feel great so you answered my question about whether the TM is a viable option.

Yeah, the tm pure's are definitely a viable option-they feel great. When it comes to putting, I strictly use zero line plastic.

My 176 opto pure is phenomenal! It will compliment my broken in 172 grip pure. :hfive:

still loving my opto pure .even though the flashing is gone,it still goes super straight with a little fade. i used it alot today and its just $$$ every time!!

Only a couple rounds so I am still getting used to them, but I like them. I even started to flick them a little to work on my ****ty FH. Have actually made a few decent short approaches with them FH. I'll stick with them, but would really like the next run to have some lower weights. Something from 168-172 would suit me better.

I removed the flash from the nose of one and it flies the same. Great disc for driving, it can really take some torque.

Ok, Opto Pures in conclusion, to thick for me to putt with. Removed the side and bottom flashing(before throwing) and fly really well for driving and approaching. I will stick with the Star XD's for putting. 250ft drives and approaches are now in the Pure department. Found a place in the bag for them. Woohoo!!!

The opto pure is a pretty nice disc. Will pop up from a hyzer and will track just a bit right if thrown flat. This is with the flash removed. It can also be thrown pretty hard, I can probably get this out to 280' or so without a real problem. This plus some zero line pures and a sinus can cover all your putter shots.

I currently drive with M Ions and the only downside is extreme ricochet off trees. Will the opto pure have this same issue?

I currently drive with M Ions and the only downside is extreme ricochet off trees. Will the opto pure have this same issue?
The optos don't have nearly the ammount of bounce/spring off trees as the Grip Lines did.

Kachtz fell in love with Opto Pures yesterday at Hawk Hollow.

Played Kentwood yesteday with the Pures. I enjoyed them, but didn't get many chances to try a solid hyzer (high or not). But from my initial impression, I don't think it'd kick out my Jokeri. Then again, I snap/spin more than Sloppy, so that probably makes a HUGE difference...

Latest posts