• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Got my opto and tm pures in today. The Opto feels amazing in the hand. not too sure about the test. It feels kinda slick right now. Ill throw them some and maybe they will feel better

Threw my opto pure for the first time today. Love it for approaches! Mine is 176g so its a little heavier than Im used to putting with.. Although it didnt drop low, i did have more consistency with my zero line pures. I have a real snappy putt and the extra tackiness of the zeroline provided me more spin on the disc. My opto feels deeper than my zerolines (although subtle) as well which is great for short drives but not what I desire for putting. These opto pures have replaced the grip line in the bag...

Threw my opto pure for the first time today. Love it for approaches! Mine is 176g so its a little heavier than Im used to putting with.. Although it didnt drop low, i did have more consistency with my zero line pures. I have a real snappy putt and the extra tackiness of the zeroline provided me more spin on the disc. My opto feels deeper than my zerolines (although subtle) as well which is great for short drives but not what I desire for putting. These opto pures have replaced the grip line in the bag...
What's your prefered weight? the difference between a 170 and 176 should be minimal. I can't tell the difference with my putters.

All 5 of my zero line pure's are 172 and today for leagues I decided to use the my new 175 TM pure. The TM pure feels as grippy as my zero line, which I've had for 13 months now. TM Pure seems to get dinged up easier than zero line. Putting at 175, I can definitely feel the difference. It felt more solid, it just felt better than 172. I have yet to decide but I'm sure I'll stick to the zero line for putting but move up in weight.

My 176 Opto Pure is keep. Does awesome driving in the wind and approach shots. Just what I was looking for in the opto pure.

I throw 172g for my putters. It may have more to do with the fact that I dont putt with premium plastic, more than the weight. I didnt notice much drop with the opto, which is what I would expect from a heavier weight but I was just having more accurate releases with the Zeros.. For short drives and approaches though, Id grab the opto over a Gripline or zero. Nice disc and Im glad its finally in opto!

BTW - Do your guys' opto pures have a heavy flash? Mine are pretty heavy around the whole edge.

I got the TM2's i ordered today. All 172g. They definately molded up different than the Optos, lower shoulder, slightly lower parting line height and also smaller underwing. But they feel great. Great grip. nice texture and firmness.

The two white ones i got have very slight dayglo-green streaks through them. Didn't notice it until i was in sunlight. Looks real cool.

has anyone tried to putt with the Opto Pure yet? I am thinking about taking it out my MVP ions in favor of just carrying the 1 mold.

has anyone tried to putt with the Opto Pure yet? I am thinking about taking it out my MVP ions in favor of just carrying the 1 mold.

I honestly didn't like it for putting, but in all fairness I didn't get it to use as a putter. I like the Zeros for putting and intended to use the Opto for upshots.

I didn't care for using the optos for putting b/c they felt like it slipped out of my hand but it was excellent for driving. Now the TM2 is awesome for putting.

fyi, volo has their TM on sale until the end of the month, so come on over to the dark side :D The owner just decide to put them on sale to see how they do.

The optos putt okay. but the zero and grip are better for putting imho. The optos don't have much loft and can slide through the chains easy.

If i were to play a one-disc round, i'd choose an opto pure without question.

So more opto pure praise... i've never been more confident with any other approach disc before. Anything 200ft in i can reach from a standstill without over-fading or flipping over. It holds a high hyzer like a comet. Holds an anhyzer like a buzzz. Drives like a Ion.

I wonder if MikeC will try these.. I'll have Kachtz throw some this weekend at Hawk Hollow.

Can't wait to toss mine for the first time today, been raining here everytime I get the chance. I am going to try and approach and putt with it to see what I think (leaving the MVP Ion at home for now).

These look pretty sweet. My putter situation is a little messy. The one-two punch of Opto and TM2 Pure has piqued my interest! I'm curious to see how the TM2's compare to my KC Pro Aviars with no bead left.

Got mine today. Looks awesome. I got a blue, and it's nice and flat. All I've done is a few putts and short tosses in the backyard, so I can't wait to really throw it.

BINGO!!! Played an ugly round with brotherdave and Conner jones today. Not a great course for the Pure, but I got some throws in. Brotherdave was real helpful. Nothing like hearing 'throw the Pure' on the 514' uphill hole. Funny. I sucked pretty bad today, but made a couple decent approaches and possibly a couple passable drives with the Opto today. Love the feel. I didn't turn it over once even with my crappy form today. I will get in a few more rounds with it this weekend, but my initial feel is WOW! I loved it off the tee. Mini Buzzz is a very good description. My one good tee shot was a very slight hyzer release down a tunnel for about an effortless 240' shot. No real rip or anything. It held the line the hole way with a slight fade. Very slight. It's such a nice feeling disc, I don't even feel guilty about the 8 Opto's and 2 Test Runs I bought.

Test Material 2 is better feeling than the 1st Test Material. But I'm not sure if it is an mprovement over Zero. But I would only use the base for putting anyway. I didn't use the Test Runs as I am still putting with a Swan2 anyway. But if the Opto takes all my Jokeri throws plus the Grip Line throws I usually make, I might consider trying the Pure for putts and ditching the Swan2 eventually. They are close enough I think I could adjust fine.

I just want to know if anyone has putted with the opto pures... I putt with star xd's, drive with them also, and just wanted to know the flight of them at putting speed. I could not care less about sticking in the basket, I just want to know how they fly. I do not want to putt with star xd's anymore, I love them as drivers. Are they a little overstable for putting. I hope so...

they fly like any beadless putter inside 3 meters.... or they fly like Grip Line pures. they don't stick to chains very well and you will blow throughs and spit outs. don't recommend putting with optos. Choose one of the other 3 plastics.

Latest posts