• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

I agree completely with the above warship assessment. I really like the feel and flight of the Warship, but it was a definitely a Buzzz-or-Warship senario, the Warship is a longer disc and I found them weird when powered down. When pushed out there though, they were def. in GL River territory. Definitely a mid/fairway hybrid of a disc in my hands.

What I found the Opto Pure to overlap with the most isn't my Buzzz as much as my Comet. It also took over all my powered-down Fuse shots - anything under ~230' - and does them better.

that's why i stopped throwing it and the warship...had trouble hitting the right distance with them. i know what i can pump a wizard and buzzz out to, and the opto pure and warship bled too much into my mids and fairways for my liking. great disc though, but i never really threw it a lot when it was in the bag.

Extra distance is never turned away in my world, especially if coupled with control :D

I have a hot pink opto, pink eze, and white eze coming to the house...I'm thinking hard about dropping wizards for these. I think a more neutral putter will make me a better putter in the long run...anywAys any advice on switching? Also, will I still need something more OS for driving?

opto pure will be more high speed and low speed stable than the others. which makes it a fantastic driving putter. ive dubbed it the mini buzzz,because thats how awesome it flies.

you should be ok on putting,the pure is faster than a wizard and more low profile so you should have a better grip. if you wind up not liking the pure for putting,the mercy is great too. slower than the pure and a little deeper..very similar to a warlock(beadless wizard)

I have a hot pink opto, pink eze, and white eze coming to the house...I'm thinking hard about dropping wizards for these. I think a more neutral putter will make me a better putter in the long run...anywAys any advice on switching? Also, will I still need something more OS for driving?

the wisest advise is to test out the pures before 'dropping' the wizards. Personally i tested pures and found they lofted better than wizards, which at the time i was missing putts low. Now 2 years later i find i miss most putts high with pures. reality is it's my own incompetency within the circle, and it wouldn't matter which putter i use. But for driving, the opto Pure matches my point-and-shoot style the most of any putter i tried. So instead of carrying multiple molds, i putt with the pures as well.

Ya, I'm not just writing the wizards off...they are a great putter/driving putter. I've found that I put very flat and fast with the wizards becasue of there lack of glide. I'm hoping the pures allow me to still put flat(not much arc), but not have to put so much behind it to counteract the fade and lack of glide.

I know for a fact that the pink Optos are the worst flying of all the Opto Pures. You should sell yours to me before you try it and are disappointed! ;)

Silly wabbits...its the red-orange ones that are the worst and should be sent to me for disposal.

:D

A consistently awesome disc?? Nahhh...couldn't be.

Although, if I have to nitpick, I had some uncomfortable flashing on the PLH seam on mine....

I'm hoping the pures allow me to still put flat(not much arc), but not have to put so much behind it to counteract the fade and lack of glide.

They should foot the bill nicely. Like Booter said, they're pretty fast for a putter, so much so that I actually stopped putting with them for that very reason. The profile and near-mid speed makes it closer to a not-beefy Zone than something like a Wizard. The Zeros that I was throwing felt amazing (putting, driving and approaches), but they also had sh*t for durability when it came to hard tree strikes. Literally one good impact is enough to permantly wreck/deform 'em (the other reason I stopped throwing them).

If you had one GL, one Opto, and a pile of Zeros for putting....:clap:

My GLs fly like my one broken in Opto. Or more like a max weight Opto Fuse with a tad less glide maybe. They are nice, but the Optos are really nice too.