• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Sweet. Just picked up a blue Opto Pure the other day. Man the flashing is crazy on those things.
I've wanted to try out an Opto Pure for a long time but people say these things have lots of flashing so I still haven't bought one. I hate flashing..

Yeah, don't let some plastic get in the way of your plastic. I still go throw my opto pure just to throw it sometimes. It's a great disc. I trimmed mine with a razor.

I've never had bad flashing on the bottom, just that part line flash, and I don't feel that in grip or release.

I got 2 about 6 weeks ago. They both had that weird parting line flashing, but the bottoms were clean. Both blue, 176g. One went straight in the bag and the other went on the shelf for a back up. I've Aced twice already with one, so my friend wanted to try my back up...now I only have one, because he loves it.

I got 2 about 6 weeks ago. They both had that weird parting line flashing, but the bottoms were clean. Both blue, 176g. One went straight in the bag and the other went on the shelf for a back up. I've Aced twice already with one, so my friend wanted to try my back up...now I only have one, because he loves it.

It's a hard disc not to love...nice of you to share. :)

This disc is just a money maker. Took an ace/ctp with one the first day I used it and got another CTP last night with its replacement.

Pure = $$$

I have three Opto Pures now and I like them a lot!! The latest addition has slight dome to it, the other two are flat. This disc is very neutral in stability and even more after removing the flashing. Naturally Opto ones don't have too much grip for putting so I think I'm going to try out a Zero one.

How different is a Zero Pure (in feel and stability) from a Classic Warden? Or from Opto Pure?

I was using a blue flecked Opto Pure over the winter. Just put my original light purple Opto back in the bag for summer. I think it has reached a magical point of perfectness. It glides and hit lines with the greatest of ease now. It is starting to turn ever so slight at shorter distances making it a great touch shot disc. And it has contributed to the benching of my beloved Swan.

My opto pure saved me so many times today.
I took the Envy out of the bag because I was having a hard time switching between the two.
So now I am all Opto Pure and Cryztal Zone.
The Opto Pure is just sweet.

Big fan of the opto pure. Almost enough to make me switch to it for my main putter as well! But just can't give up on my wardens so soon =]

-Just having a hell of a time finding older opaque models.. Everyone must have ate them up, hell I'm not even that picky! lol The bubblegum pinks are pretty as all hell but I would be happy with anything from the similar run
*wink wink sad face guilt trip* lol

Pretty sure there were a lot of see through old pures. The key difference to telling older vs. Newer is if the weight is on a sticker or digitally printed on the disc itself, as far as I'm aware. There were sparkle pures, opaque, etc.

I've thrown both opaques and printed weights, and they all flew the same to me. That said, the bubblegum pinks are the best!

PinkOptoPures_zps1f3f1234.jpg

And no, they're not for sale.

I've thrown both opaques and printed weights, and they all flew the same to me. That said, the bubblegum pinks are the best!

PinkOptoPures_zps1f3f1234.jpg

And no, they're not for sale.

Duuuuuude, I think I just went six to midnight at my desk.
My pink is in the bag, and I'd be lying if I told you I'd be okay with replacing it with the orange backup I have.
I need to find more pink ones.

I have a pink in the bag just like those! Never leaving. I do have an opaque "ironman" (red with gold stamp) opto pure if someone wants to throw out a trade ;) I always need more backups for everything in my sig :thmbup: