• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Streets and I tried to get one in his hands, and he didn't want it because he throws Anodes. Certainly not going to hold it against him since they're so close.

Streets and I tried to get one in his hands, and he didn't want it because he throws Anodes. Certainly not going to hold it against him since they're so close.

Actually, I throw Ions, exclusively.

IF I want a shallower, neutral putter, I've got a bunch of Magics.

Magics! That's what it was. Either way, we tried even though Magics can't hold a candle to them... :)

As of about noon today, GGGT had 10 to 12 bubblegum pink optos. I did not check weights.
FYI for those seeking them.

As of about noon today, GGGT had 10 to 12 bubblegum pink optos. I did not check weights.
FYI for those seeking them.

You got me all excited, then I took a deep breath and thought about it.
I don't need another, because almost all of my back up disc are the neon yellow now.
I can't disrupt the program of main discs pink, and back ups yellow.
I wont know what to grab.

I actually have two Pink ones from DD in transit. Really excited to see how they look and fly.

My main thrower is a pink 174g one that is flat, but has a bit of shoulder to it. I bought an orange 174g one as a back up, but this one was really flat and actually flipped a bit right out of the box.

So is this shape a clear indicator of the Pure stability? Is there some other way to identify the truly straight to slightly stable runs?

Is the weight printed on the new pinks DD has, or is it on a sticker?
Haven't received mine yet.

My straight thrower has a printed weight, while the slightly flippy one has engraved one.

How do the three weight markings compare to each other?

The ones with a weight sticker are from the first runs of them. Just wondering if these are old or new stock...not that I need any more. ;)

34373b6f-1d3c-4848-8cf4-0e1282b77a79_zps58a38630.jpg

I started to really throw my Opto Pure more and man am I loving it. Almost Aced a downhill 360 foot hole today.

TBird if you need to get rid of some of those Pinks, hehe.

I am currently using a Pure/Sinus Combo for all my upshots and short drives.
The Pure really shines for me on straight to slightly understable shots.
Awesome putting putter as well.

Pure is the best driving putter!

I'm starting to think you're right. Thing is straight with just a tiny forward fade, must be the Gyro. :p

Really though I've been putting my Opto through it's paces and it's legit stable, stable, stable. Love it!!!

People still throwing Opto Pures? I remember that being a DGCR darling a few years back...

I would say that the pure is the most thrown disc in my bag and it isn't particularly close.

Between my zero hard putters and optos for driving and approaching, they are the first thing I reach for from 275' - 300' and in (depending on elevation).

I definitely see less people carrying Pures now than in the past, but all of my buddies wound up bagging an opto pure after years of watching me throw them.

Honestly, there are other putters that I enjoy just as much from a flight perspective, but I strongly prefer the lower profile of the Pure for hand feel.