• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Johne McCray throwing trilogy!!!!

I'm not upset at anything. I just think it is stupid. I probably think that way partially because the group that coined it I think is stupid, too. To each his own.

not to fan the flames....

I'm pretty sure that "trilogy" was unofficially coined by innova/millennium/discmania before trilogy truly claimed the name for itself, this is just off the backwash of my dgcr riddled mind.

anywhoozle!

I like McCray a lot!! I'd say he's in my top 5 favorite players to watch. This seems like a solid move on his part career wise.

It seems that salient/gateway don't have enough to offer in comparison to the other big names in disc golf mold or blend wise. (not knocking either company simply speculating)

I'm sure that he's going to put trilogy on the spot when it comes to the NT events in the next few years, I can see some exciting cards ahead!

Glad we took a thread in which a great representative of the sport got a great sponsorship and we're more concerned with arguing about childish things. Aren't most of you supposed to be adults? That being said good for JohnE. He is more than deserving of a large sponsorship. It's about time

He was up there at a couple tournaments. The USDGC had to lead to this sponsorship

that's what I mean though. he's ALWAYS up there (or so it seems) in the lead cards, but it would be sweet to see him really run the gauntlet. Winning EU open/usdgc/worlds etc.

my favorite players on the circuit atm in no particular order

Lizzote/Mcbeth/McCray/Wysocki/Philo are all seriously class acts and fun to watch play but I'd love to see McCray take a threepeat!

Just talked to him at Limona. Thought he might like judges for putting (wizard look) but he dosn't feel they have enough overstability for his style. He has it down between harps, daggers and shields.

Just talked to him at Limona. Thought he might like judges for putting (wizard look) but he dosn't feel they have enough overstability for his style. He has it down between harps, daggers and shields.

I would love to see him throw harps.

the only putter that has ever tempted me to stray from the gospel that is rhynos :)

It's actually spelled Y-I-K-U-N, but pronounced as Salient.

It's crazy to me how much heat Salient has caught for this when Innova/Millineum/Discmania have done it for years.

I wish JohnE the best of luck, and don't blame him for it. Lat could probably offer him way more support. They are a much bigger company and can afford to do things that smaller companies can't.

I don't see a big issue for him switching his bag to them at all

Would imagine finding a putter will not be too tough for him.
His mid choices are there with truth, mace and trident to replace his demon. I think he will like the pain too. I see him with the world or giant as distance disc, he likely will like the xxx for spirit type shots.

This makes no sense unless he's getting cash or just wants to have fun trying new things on tour...he was playing great and the discs were flying well, he just fluffed a couple shots here and there. I don't get it, but hey. Whatevs. Xxx ain't even close to the spirit imo. And no wizards? I wish him luck, will be tough for a bit but he is awesome.

Salient is a chit company, of course they screwed him. Probably were not paying him I bet.

Good for JohnE, Trilogy has a nice selection of discs.

It's funny how everyone seems to know how and what JohnE and us at Salient did together. We in fact prepaid him for disc sales on his first signature disc, Reign. Salient and JohnE are good. We wish him the best and we look forward to the Cam Comeback tour. Talk about a putter....

I then got banned for telling a guy that the only thing that flies like a Teebird, is a Teebird.

AHA!!!

The truth finally comes out!

TheHammer is salty because he can't wrap his small mind around the awesome powers that reside in Trio discs. :| :| :|

:|

Latest posts