• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

"We have also learned that people with different playing styles and general conditions around them have different views on our molds so we prefer not to be too specific in our descriptions."

Wow. That statement kinda bothers me. I guess that it's true though. Everybody throws differently so it's cool that they acknowledge that.

Doesn't keep some people from already discounting the disc though :p

Between plastics and weights, I expect there will be a Saint that works well for me.

cjowo;1459260 Wow. That statement kinda bothers me. I guess that it's true though. Everybody throws differently so it's cool that they acknowledge that.[/QUOTE said:
i don't know if it's me or not, but it seems like a lot of the latitude and westside molds take a certain amount of finesse to throw. i think what i'm trying to say is that a lot of the molds will fly really far, but don't like to be overpowered. molds like the fuse, river, and flow are more popular latitude discs can go a long way if you hit them right, but if you overpower them just a bit they can all get squirrely. if you look at the more popular innova molds like the roc, teebird, and destroyer they can all hold up if you really lean into them. i know innova makes some flippy molds and latitude makes some beefcakes, but i guess i've always thought that maybe the difference in design had something to due with the difference in throwing styles. i could be totally off on that though.

i don't know if it's me or not, but it seems like a lot of the latitude and westside molds take a certain amount of finesse to throw. i think what i'm trying to say is that a lot of the molds will fly really far, but don't like to be overpowered. molds like the fuse, river, and flow are more popular latitude discs can go a long way if you hit them right, but if you overpower them just a bit they can all get squirrely. if you look at the more popular innova molds like the roc, teebird, and destroyer they can all hold up if you really lean into them. i know innova makes some flippy molds and latitude makes some beefcakes, but i guess i've always thought that maybe the difference in design had something to due with the difference in throwing styles. i could be totally off on that though.

I doubt there as many disc golfers in Sweden who are running around saying "how much you wanna make a bet I can throw a disc over them mountains?" like we do here in America, so that might explain the focus on glide instead of speed when it comes to Lat discs. Speaking about sports more generally, in America we revere strength and "mosts" like fastest, biggest, toughest. In Europe in my experience (which doesn't include disc golf), there's a greater emphasis on technique and being crafty.

UncleRico.jpg

The domey nature of Lat discs (especially disc like the Flow and the River in Opto) results in the great glide but also make them nose angle sensitive and power sensitive. I find that I have to throw fluidly to get the most out of those discs, and I prefer to throw other brands when there is significant wind.

Uh no

I doubt there as many disc golfers in Sweden who are running around saying "how much you wanna make a bet I can throw a disc over them mountains?" like we do here in America, so that might explain the focus on glide instead of speed when it comes to Lat discs. Speaking about sports more generally, in America we revere strength and "mosts" like fastest, biggest, toughest. In Europe in my experience (which doesn't include disc golf), there's a greater emphasis on technique and being crafty.

UncleRico.jpg

The domey nature of Lat discs (especially disc like the Flow and the River in Opto) results in the great glide but also make them nose angle sensitive and power sensitive. I find that I have to throw fluidly to get the most out of those discs, and I prefer to throw other brands when there is significant wind.

Many of the Swedes have monster arms, technique and throws. Jesper can launch a disc as well as most. They don't lack in the power and distance category. My thought is that maybe it has more to do with the slightly slanted rims and glide. I'm certainly no scientist, but that's the only major difference I can think of that would cause the different flight characteristics of many of their molds.

..I agree.

.. the King is super long, although it can be overpowered easily. Great mold though.

..The Giant has held it's stability well and has become a "go to" type of disc in the wind.

..and the xXX is a great overhead driver and a great overstable "fairway" driver.

All this arm waving conjecture about how swede's/euros ' must' throw is funny as hell.

You may have heard of a Swedish bomber that held the world record for d for like 10+ years? (Cristian Sandstrom) ?

I'm sure Latitude's R&D is focused on accommodating top pros and is not predicated on attracting common consumers.

Lat probably doesn't want to be wrong in print concerning their view of the discs flight and the eventual consensus after release.

After thinking about it for a day, I'm not really bothered by that statement any more. I respect the fact that they aren't trying to build massive hype by saying cheesy catch phrases like "get more distance instantly" or "this will kick every disc out of your bag" they are simply stating that this disc will work for some of you, but it might not work for some of you also, which is the truth.

I respect how humble they are about their product. They put it out there and let the discs prove themselves. There is no one universal "magic" disc.

I agree. And has Latitude even had a colossal failure yet? Their reputation alone will have people buying this disc.

Good reputation for sure!

And I can't think of any real "failures" from Lat 64.

Maybe the understable flight of their labeled OS warp speed Havoc?

The medius

Nope, it's actually a sweet disc. Give it a try, I bet you'd like it. In fact all their discs in Grip Line (excluding Vision imo) are pretty sweet. They just don't last long.

The only thing I could really harp on them for is inconsistency... which actually isn't even unique to them. 1st Run Havoc is pretty damn close to a failure though.

Latest posts