• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Got a couple saints, they fly well, nice and stable. Idk if this makes sense but i actually disliked the glide on them, they were hard to gauge the distance on them and often went too far. So i dont know just yet if it'll make the bag, mabye on holes with a good tailwind. Its one of the few lat discs, however, that i prefered the opto. The GL was really slick due to the humidity but the opto was stoopid grippy.

You have a team?

Why do I not have a team? You make me feel inadequate. I can keep my Saint straight though. :p Enjoy your flippy freak! :D

MyThrow, local company team. We have about a dozen players and a few of them are on GGGT's team also. Paid entry to any PDGA event I want, so I can't complain.

Got a little more time with mine over the weekend, but we had freak calm winds so I still haven't gotten to see wind performance. It pretty much behaved the same as when I first tested it, but since I had more time to warm up and throw, I was getting better overstability from it...I must have been a little oaty that first night. Stretched it out past 400' a few times and it had more of that Viking flight than the Valky flight I saw initially. That said, those effects make my opinion stand that it isn't a Teebird with true overstability, and I don't expect it to do well in our normal 15-25mph winds. Still a great disc, though. If they prove to be somewhat consistent in runs I think it'll stay in the bag and probably bump out a driver or two.

Rather than read 650 pages of commentary on the Saint, I'm just going to throw in my two cents. Bought a blue sparkle Opto Saint from Scott Papa to "celebrate" Dalaiwood's last day, and it quickly kicked several other discs out of my bag. It didn't really kick them out, but if I can learn to make it do what it did for me yesterday and today on a consistent basis? It will be my go to driver for holes that are too long for the River. I've never thrown a disc that does what this one does for me. It holds a beautiful long S-curve when I snap it off with a RHFH, and when I throw RHBH it flies dead straight (or very slightly understable) before fading like the overstable disc that it claims to be. I don't know what numbers it's been given, but I'd probably call it a 9/6/-.5/2. Once I know it better it will probably kick both the Beast and the Surge out of my bag. Once I can make it do whatever I want it will probably remove the Firebird too. Apparently those Swedes hand their kids a guitar and a book on plastic chemistry and aerodynamics as soon as they pop out, because they're better than everyone at music and making discs.

swedish music?
abba
atb
axwell
stonebridge
goldfrapp

I prefer their plastic

In Flames
Meshuggah
Opeth
At the Gates
Amon Amarth
and lots more...

The Swedes' metal bands are outstanding.

i've been quiet in this thread because quite frankly i didn't want to buy into the hype. But today i threw my 173 orange GL Saint and have fallen comletely in love. This disc flies exactly how i imagined the FLOW would fly before they were released.

Great disc. Hyzer flip out of the box. Will hold that very long anhyzer. Will also hold that forward fade if put on a high hyzer. Great disc!

It is the perfect compliment to my OLFs. GREAT DISC! this disc will be as popular as the River is one year from now.

EDIT:
PS.... GREAT DISC

This disc flies exactly how i imagined the FLOW would fly before they were released.

This pretty much sums up my first impression. I got mine today and only made it out for a quick 9, out of the 4 throws I had (the first one was weak, the second hit a tree) two were easily among the best I've thrown for those holes. Very very straight with a little bit of left to right movement.

Bumped one of my TB's out of the bag for the time being.

I just got my opto 170g saint and my 170 GL saint and I likey. Just some background, I'm an eagle thrower. This is my glidetastic eagle x. I love both plastics but I think I'm more partial to the GL plastic. The light blue pearl is the definition of sexy. Get one, love it, throw it. That is all.....

I just got my opto 170g saint and my 170 GL saint and I likey. Just some background, I'm an eagle thrower. This is my glidetastic eagle x. I love both plastics but I think I'm more partial to the GL plastic. The light blue pearl is the definition of sexy. Get one, love it, throw it. That is all.....

I'm a eagle lover, too.

I'm having a hard time justifying switching from the Eagle to the Saint. But I am definitely digging on this Saint. These two discs... Seriously... Fly so similar to me, it's like I could switch them out between rounds and not miss a beat...

some people throwing these must also have swords

how is the comparison

right now I've dropped my swords so there is a gap between my Spd 7 Rivers and EXPs and my Spd 13 Bolts and Giants

I suppose I may need something in between although I am not convinced of that

I like the Sword but I never seemed to throw it on the courses that I play

some people throwing these must also have swords

how is the comparison

right now I've dropped my swords so there is a gap between my Spd 7 Rivers and EXPs and my Spd 13 Bolts and Giants

I suppose I may need something in between although I am not convinced of that

I like the Sword but I never seemed to throw it on the courses that I play

I throw Swords and Bolts max distance...I believe the Saint has become on of my favorite drivers already (3 rounds of solid use).

The Saint, IMO, is one of Lats most workable/user-friendly discs. This may be due to its neutral stability, fairway speed, extra glide, and likely the combination of all these factors.

The Saint is not nearly as nose sensitive as my Rivers! (Which is my only complaint with the River)

Yesterday I was using the Saint on 80% of my drives off the tee, both RHBH and RHFH. Only once did it turn too much (RHFH) and this was likely my form.

If I was to compare the Saint to existing Lat discs...it would be the 3-way baby between a Striker, River, and Flow!

I'm a eagle lover, too.

I'm having a hard time justifying switching from the Eagle to the Saint. But I am definitely digging on this Saint. These two discs... Seriously... Fly so similar to me, it's like I could switch them out between rounds and not miss a beat...

I think I'm going to keep both the saint and my 11x eagle x in my bag. The saint has an incredible amount of glide compared to the eagle (this is sometimes needed but sometime not. I could compare the distance I reach with the saint as a little shorter than my flow, and does not do the last minute flip I get with the flow. I'm pretty sure the saint is something special but more field testing is needed.

I can't wait until these come out in that new carbon fiber material. 130grams, never chips, always flexes, always grippy, always cool to the touch, or warm depending on your preference, never gets lost, never needs washed, and comes in that opaque hot pink so many are fond of......changing the science of discs one speculating bad idea at a time.

Got my 175g opto sparkle Saint and 175g pink opaque opto River in the mail. Went out and worked with them compared to 175g champ glow cal teebird and a reg 12x champ bird 175g new condition. The saint was much more fun to throw compared to my trusty teebirds due to the ability to forward glide on a hyzer line so well. Was making nice hyzer shots in the circle on the 399ft uphill (Plays more like 415-420ft) hole 1at Ben Geren Fort Smith Ark with the saint. The teebirds could get there but not on that line and the only disc I could get there on hyzer previously was a destroyer. The Saint for me seemed to fly like a teebird with no fade on the low lazer lines. Would'nt flip would'nt fade and glide for days. My river may be unique but it will not hyzer flip as easilly as the saint. It is flatter that most Rivers and the plastic is prob the nicest I've ever felt (Taffy like). I think it will slowly beat into a gem. Put both in the bag making a destroyer, saint, river, firebird, buzzz, wizard set up.

Latest posts