• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Cannon Review Thread

Funny, I get nothing out of the Katana. Either sweeping understable mold hyzer or no-fade hyzerflip (at longer distances). Probably only thrown the mold itself 30-40 times ever, across a few different Champs and Pros. Maybe a Star too?

What do they do for you that Cannons do/can not? I know [trust?] you can actually throw over 400' so I'm curious about your thoughts. I'm, dare I say financially committed to the Cannon, but I'd love to hear your perspective!

I get MUCH more distance out of Katanas than the Cannon. The Katana flexes out more, and isn't as eager to fade.

The Cannon and Katana actually have a fairly similar looking flight path (S curve), but the Katana holds it longer and ends up a good 50' further downrange for me. When a Cannon slows down a little it falls to the ground like a brick. Very dumpy, inelegant fade that kills distance potential.

That said, Katanas can be inconsistent too. I look for heavy ones with a good dome. They aren't anything I'd ever trust into a headwind. G* Katanas are some of the longest discs I've ever thrown, but they're too flippy to use for general driving duties.

I have way more experience with Katanas than Cannons. I've thrown 1 excellent Cannon. All the rest have been underwhelming for me. Stubbornly beefy without much glide. I'd almost say the same thing about the Rampage.

If I had to pick the 10 longest driver molds I've thrown the Cannon wouldn't be on it. Katana would be in the top 3.

Latest posts