• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Let's talk Deer Lakes

Very much looking forward to playing Deer Lakes for the first time this summer. I think I'm gonna stay for two days so I can play multiple rounds at Deer Lakes, Moraine, and Knob Hill.

Very much looking forward to playing Deer Lakes for the first time this summer. I think I'm gonna stay for two days so I can play multiple rounds at Deer Lakes, Moraine, and Knob Hill.

The only way to improve on that idea is if you could have someone go through and change the pin positions for each round : ). These courses all have 3 pin positions per hole and most really change the way the hole is played. Great great courses and hardly anyone plays up here so you won't have to deal with lots of traffic during the round.

I really enjoyed that trio, one of the most fun sets of courses in the same area I've found.

It looks like someone went to the Deer Lakes page on DGCR and gave a "not helpful" thumb to every review. Even the ones that are clearly in-depth and likely very helpful. You have to admire that dedication.

Is there anything better than a round at Deer Lakes the day after a fresh snowfall?

picture.php

Who needs the pond to freeze? It would be fun to go down the hill and jump off the elevated tee pads

Make sure to let me know when you're coming up to Pittsburgh. I'll show you around the courses.

I see you're in Slippery Rock Chris, I am until the summer when I finish grad school and I just played Moraine today and it was awesome. It was actually a lot less muddy than I expected, the key to warmth is to layer :D

I got a couple rounds in on wednesday. Course was pretty muddy/slippery in some places. Hole 3 was a icey/muddy mess. Hole 14 and 15 by the red tees were pretty wet. But couldnt resist playing since the weather was nice.

Latest posts