• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Midnight Buzzz

Clearly most of you that are complaining about the prices aren't collectors. I'm guessing that the majority of these midnight Buzzzes are going to be stowed away in collections and not thrown.

For any of you that are familiar with first run and bar-stamped Buzzzes, you do understand that the Buzzz is one of Discraft's only discs that increases in value over time...right?

Buzzz

I'm going to buy 10 cryztal Buzzz's, dye them black and sell them for $50 since only 10 of them were ever produced.

Its midnight sparkle bottom stamp buzzz ol buddy. Better go to Jo Anne fabric and pick up some rit that wont work and some glue and sparkles. Im sure that will be a hot mover for $50.:thmbdown:

Clearly most of you that are complaining about the prices aren't collectors. I'm guessing that the majority of these midnight Buzzzes are going to be stowed away in collections and not thrown.

For any of you that are familiar with first run and bar-stamped Buzzzes, you do understand that the Buzzz is one of Discraft's only discs that increases in value over time...right?

Exactly. I bought one for my collection. I throw stock discs, so I don't spend a lot of money on throwers. This leaves me a little extra to spend on discs for my collection, and I don't think $30 is unreasonable for something that's strictly a collector's item (for me, at least).

Ill grab one for the collection. Will look nice in a Ziploc next to the PC and dglo midnights. It says sparkle. Anyone have a better pic?

the problem with collecting discs, is discs do not appreciate. the never will. in the long run, they're just frisbees and not the first frisbees ever made. i have about 30 midnight discs in various molds, but i've had to stop myself twice from buying one. not because of the price, but because its a buzz. and I already have a crap load in 6 different "plastics"

Yeah, I looked at it and thought "well, if I was a collector, thats a nice looking disc." But I generally have thought about collecting and just decided just storing them is not that exciting and while I could resell it to a collector with a markup later; am I really a collector at that point or just an investor? Then I have to look at the risk vs reward and how disc golf is more popular now than it has ever been so do I think it will continue to grow or is it getting to its peak and about to drop off to where I wind up with unwanted stock of overpriced discs.

Maybe I am making this stuff too complicated.

Yeah, I looked at it and thought "well, if I was a collector, thats a nice looking disc." But I generally have thought about collecting and just decided just storing them is not that exciting and while I could resell it to a collector with a markup later; am I really a collector at that point or just an investor? Then I have to look at the risk vs reward and how disc golf is more popular now than it has ever been so do I think it will continue to grow or is it getting to its peak and about to drop off to where I wind up with unwanted stock of overpriced discs.

Maybe I am making this stuff too complicated.

Do you remember beanie babies? When I was a kid I once sold one for $700 and now you can buy that same little bear for $4.99 on ebay. Only time will tell my friend!

Do you remember beanie babies? When I was a kid I once sold one for $700 and now you can buy that same little bear for $4.99 on ebay. Only time will tell my friend!

Yeah, my sister was big on those. She had the princess Di one and prett ymuch all the rares. She was a spender and I am sure lost money when she did get rid of them.

I will say, though; that disc golfs draw is more the sport/game and collecting comes after that while something like Beanie Babies I believe the only draw was collecting. To me, that makes it a little more solid ground for a bottom but probably also a harder ceiling.

[sidebar] I had a hiccup with my DD order...a hiccup that I caused. I emailed DD and not only did they get back to me FAST, but they made things right, even when they weren't obligated to do so. I give a big :thmbup: for that [/sidebar]

DD messed up my last order and sent me a f'ed up window decal, and then they told me they would ship me a replacement and forgot about it and i had to ask about it 2 weeks later and when they realized they forgot, or "didnt remember to tell the shipping manager" they hooked me up with a bunch of different window decals. took them a while but they came through and then some! the guys at DD definatly treat ya right.

how this all went down.

Man: "dude where did this run of a 1,000 black buzzzes come from? why the hell did you run 1,000 black discs?"

Dude: "uh... you said run them black man, so i ran them black"

Man: "what are you high or something, who is going to buy black discs... THEY'RE BLACK. look just take 250 of them, stamp limited edition on them and we'll sell as it as a collectors item."

Dude: "okay man, can we call them midnight.. my cat is black and her name is midnight?"

Man: "yeah sure, call it midnight, whatever."

Dude: "what about the other 750?"

Man: "put them in storage and we'll wait til the price jumps on DGCR and sell them one by one."

The Z Zone had been on the discussion table for a while now. Thanks for the suggestion! You should see this one soon available through Dynamic Discs.

There were only 250 Midnight produced and they are going very fast. The other 750 are blue, pink, and clear. We don't expect these Midnight's to last for more than another week.

Investing in the disc market seems to have a much higher return than the current stock market in most instances. The market does fluctuate but is pretty steady when viewing the overall picture.

Latest posts