• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Sample size of two 1.7s, both much less overstable than first runs and 2.1s.

What's the word on the newest run of M Scorps?

Well that "Secrets to finding the right Destroyer" video did finally confirm one thing we've suspected for a long time: the Scorpius definitely shares at least some mold parts with the Destroyer. I just checked my Scorpius's and they all have the grind marks from removing the Destroyer patent numbers. Most of my Scorps are FR Sirius and they all have 3 grind marks (so they all appear to have come from a single Destroyer mold). I have a few Scorps from other runs that are a mix of 3 and 4 grind marks though so they've definitely run them out of both Destroyer molds since then. I still don't know if I believe the Scorpius is completely a Destroyer; the Scorpius feels a little deeper in the hand to me. It definitely uses the Destroyer bottom mold piece though.

I've got a seasoned 1.8 max weight that I have been throwing lately. That and a white 1.9 that is my wind fighter. Destroyers might be getting sold or stored for my kids.

Well that "Secrets to finding the right Destroyer" video did finally confirm one thing we've suspected for a long time: the Scorpius definitely shares at least some mold parts with the Destroyer. I just checked my Scorpius's and they all have the grind marks from removing the Destroyer patent numbers. Most of my Scorps are FR Sirius and they all have 3 grind marks (so they all appear to have come from a single Destroyer mold). I have a few Scorps from other runs that are a mix of 3 and 4 grind marks though so they've definitely run them out of both Destroyer molds since then. I still don't know if I believe the Scorpius is completely a Destroyer; the Scorpius feels a little deeper in the hand to me. It definitely uses the Destroyer bottom mold piece though.

I'm not sure it confirms anything. I have Eagles with the same grind marks...

I'm not sure it confirms anything. I have Eagles with the same grind marks...

Right, but the Eagle was released back when they still put patent numbers on molds, and the Scorpius wasn't. The Eagle mold needed the patent numbers removed so they were ground off just like with the Destroyer mold. Also, I'd imagine the grind marks on the Eagle are not identical to the ones on the Destroyer. The grind marks on my Scorps are identical to those on my Destroyers.

Right, but the Eagle was released back when they still put patent numbers on molds, and the Scorpius wasn't. The Eagle mold needed the patent numbers removed so they were ground off just like with the Destroyer mold. Also, I'd imagine the grind marks on the Eagle are not identical to the ones on the Destroyer. The grind marks on my Scorps are identical to those on my Destroyers.

They look pretty close to me, only difference is distance from inside of the rim. But that makes sense because one is a 1.7cm rim and the other is 2.2cm rim.

1.10 Sirius Scorps have started popping up. I've seen swirly ones available as tourney fundraisers as well as solid colors available for team member stamping. The 175g Solid Green I received looks very similar in shape/profile/dome to the 1.9, but the plastic is a tad bit softer and grippier. Feels great.

1.10 Sirius Scorps have started popping up. I've seen swirly ones available as tourney fundraisers as well as solid colors available for team member stamping. The 175g Solid Green I received looks very similar in shape/profile/dome to the 1.9, but the plastic is a tad bit softer and grippier. Feels great.

How is it flying in comparison to the 1.9's?

I have a couple of the swirly 1.10s and they're less stable than any of my 1.9s. On a flat pull they'll turn and hold for a bit but always fight out, at least for my arm. Somewhat reminiscent of some of those domey 1.7s that ended up less stable than the flatter ones of that run, but the 1.10s are zippier. I'm curious if the solid colors molded up similarly.

I love the 1.7s for flippy stuff. Only ever got a hold of two though and a finnish man swapped one of em out for a super beat Avery D while playing through our group. Same color so i reckon it was an honest mistake.

Max weight first run and 2.1's that i have a stack of just never get past stable so I might need do find me some 1.10s to beat in :)

That's the millennium standard plastic. Going to be less OS than the current run of sirius plastic. Think pro destroyer.

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-echo-sirius-scorpius-limited-edition-mini-stamp

Newly available LE Echo Sirius Scorpius, will test against my 1.9 Sirius once I get mine in. Some of these trickled out as CFR a week or two ago so maybe someone else has tried them already.

I got a couple of them, one green and one yellow. They seemed like different runs, or at least different blends. The green had a slight blizzardy rim and random metal flakes like they had ground up some MF plastic in the blend, tho it's not champy (translucent) in the slightest. It is embossed SCORPIUS 1.1 and penned ECHO. The yellow is solid, opaque, embossed ECHO SRP 1.1. Both are max weight and have massive poppy dome.

They are less OS than the 1.9s, the green significantly less so. Both bomb, with a satisfying bite at the end.

I got a couple of them, one green and one yellow. They seemed like different runs, or at least different blends. The green had a slight blizzardy rim and random metal flakes like they had ground up some MF plastic in the blend, tho it's not champy (translucent) in the slightest. It is embossed SCORPIUS 1.1 and penned ECHO. The yellow is solid, opaque, embossed ECHO SRP 1.1. Both are max weight and have massive poppy dome.

They are less OS than the 1.9s, the green significantly less so. Both bomb, with a satisfying bite at the end.
I asked for red 175g when I ordered mine, hope those are more like the yellow from your description and don't have any blizzard rim. Hoping for something to fill the gap between my 172g+ 1.9 SSRP/Destroyers and 175g 1.1 Falcon. I have a couple 166g 1.9s that are pretty straight to fade normally but get blown around in the wind a bit (plus have the blizzard rim which makes them snowflake 1 of a kind rim profiles).

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-echo-sirius-scorpius-limited-edition-mini-stamp

Newly available LE Echo Sirius Scorpius, will test against my 1.9 Sirius once I get mine in. Some of these trickled out as CFR a week or two ago so maybe someone else has tried them already.

I just picked up a couple of these since who knows if they will ever be available again..
I currently bag 3 Barsby Sirius 1.9's and they have been fantastic straight to stable distance drivers.

I received two 171g green echo sirius 1.1's. They are significantly more domey than the 1.9's and have a noticeably lower PLH. Got a couple throws in this morning and wow do they bomb. I normally get 380-400 out of my 1.9's and these are an easy 420 in calm conditions. Have a nice smooth turn mid flight and they glide for days. Would highly recommend grabbing few while they are available.

Red 175g Echos came in a few days back, lower PLH than any of the other recent run Sirius Scorpius I compared them to. More similar to the First run Standard plastic Scorpius PLH. Both Reds have similar dome to the 1.9/1.10 Sirius runs. There is some variation with the colors & weights it seems (which I think has been true for the recent run Echo DD3s and Destroyers as well). As expected, the Echo Sirius ones were easier to turn over but definitely have the late flight Scorpius fade which I was hoping for (bombers for sure) that the Falcon lacks. A bit more forward fade than the usual dump with big skip ground action. Here's hoping I can hold onto these two :D

Who was I trying to kid? I ended up ordering 2 of the 1.2 orange/165-169 Barsby Scorps on Friday since they were running a special.

I love my M Scorps, they bomb for my arm, and I'm looking for something that can handle a bit more wind.
What kind of distance are you getting with the Standard Scorpius? I'm thinking if they would work well for having multiples from OS to US. My distance is roughly ~400ft so would a brand new standard Scorpius be OS for me?

Latest posts